Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Redskins News & Notes Chapter 6 (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/53170-redskins-news-and-notes-chapter-6-a.html)

SmootSmack 06-14-2013 06:28 AM

Redskins News & Notes Chapter 6

Felt we kind of needed a fresh thread (once we get to training camp we can probably stop with these news and notes of the offseason threads)

Anyhow, how do we all feel about the news that Adam Carriker will be starting training camp on the PUP list? Not a big deal or cause for concern?

Lotus 06-14-2013 08:12 AM

Re: Redskins News & Notes Chapter 6

I say Carriker is not a big deal. He's a pro and will be ready for the season if he can be. In the meantime, the young bucks will get more work. On that note, I hope we see more burst from Jarvis Jenkins than we did last year, when he was recovering from injury.

FRPLG 06-14-2013 08:28 AM

The loss of Carriker isn't a huge loss in and of itself but we're thin now at DE with Worthington also out

Mattyk 06-14-2013 08:59 AM

I won't be surprised if Carriker starts the regular season on PUP too. I know it's still early but it sounds like he still has a way to go. Jenkins needs to step it up.

Meks 06-14-2013 10:07 AM

In other news... I applied for Production Intern with the skins. Would love to move down there and work for this org.

On Carriker.. I dont see it as a huge deal, I want Jenkins getting more time honestly.. but the depth factor kinda bugs me.. I'd like Jenkins to start either way but I'd rather have Carriker behind him than not.

SFREDSKIN 06-14-2013 10:36 AM

I would be concerned after having a second surgery:
@Russellmania980: .@AdamCarriker94 on @ESPNRadio980 did confirm the 2nd surgery Haz said today....Says he can't wait to get back.."I'm like a caged tiger."

SirLK26 06-14-2013 11:42 AM

[quote=Meks;1012046]In other news... I applied for Production Intern with the skins. Would love to move down there and work for this org.

On Carriker.. I dont see it as a huge deal, I want Jenkins getting more time honestly.. but the depth factor kinda bugs me.. I'd like Jenkins to start either way but I'd rather have Carriker behind him than not.[/quote]

I hope you get the job, Meks. Job? Is it really a job if you're working for the 'Skins? :)

About Carriker, I don't have a problem with it at all. He's an old vet; does he need training camp? As long as he gets a few preseason games in I'm happy.

RedskinRat 06-14-2013 12:10 PM

[quote=Meks;1012046]In other news... I applied for Production Intern with the skins. Would love to move down there and work for this org.[/quote]

That would be excellent!

SmootSmack 06-14-2013 12:54 PM

[quote=Meks;1012046]In other news... I applied for Production Intern with the skins. Would love to move down there and work for this org.

On Carriker.. I dont see it as a huge deal, I want Jenkins getting more time honestly.. but the depth factor kinda bugs me.. I'd like Jenkins to start either way but I'd rather have Carriker behind him than not.[/quote]

Let me give you one very important piece of advice should you get an interview. Don't tell them how much you love the Redskins. I mean yeah you can touch on it. But trust me, they don't like when they ask people why they want the job or internship and all people talk about is "Oh man, I love the Redskins. They're my favorite team of all time. I've got every jersey of the 1991 Super Bowl team..." They want to know that you're serious about the job and not looking for an excuse to say I work for the Redskins

RedskinRat 06-14-2013 01:00 PM

If you change '[I]Redskins[/I]' for '[I]Men[/I]', this is exactly how SS blew his chance at the dream job at the bath house he'd always wanted.

True story.

The Goat 06-14-2013 01:28 PM

Good luck to Meks!!!

Didn't expect anything from Carriker. Nasty injury and he's long in the tooth. Time for Jenkins to step up, but who's his backup? We suddenly feel thin on the d-line??

Mattyk 06-14-2013 01:47 PM

Merling will have the chance to step up too. Probably his last shot. We also re-signed Kedric Golston so the cupboard isn't exactly bare for DE depth.