Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pat White or Sexxy Rexy (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=53213)

Monkeydad 08-29-2013 01:25 PM

Re: Pat White or Sexxy Rexy

I thought it was a lock that we'd keep Rex but Jason La Canfora believes otherwise:

[quote]From what I'm hearing, there is a good chance Pat White plays the entire fourth preseason game at Tampa Bay. White has been very effective in a limited role, and given his elite athleticism, and the need for developing quarterbacks because of injuries striking other clubs, I'd be pretty surprised if he doesn't make this roster.

Especially with Griffin and Cousins on the mend, and given the limitations of backup Rex Grossman, White's presence would be important. Of course, carrying four quarterbacks is untenable and White doesn't have practice squad eligibility.

Here's the rub: If you cut White he'll be scooped up. If you cut Grossman, an older, system guy who doesn't stand out in any way, it's likely the same as carrying four quarterbacks because it's doubtful he gets signed elsewhere, and his preference would be to be back here with the Shanahans.

There's always the possibility of a trade, given teams having a need, but the Redskins did a fine job cultivating White after he spent years out of football. He is a great fit in this scheme and he's someone who could really benefit them from continuing to develop under Mike Shanahan's eye. As an organization, you hate to give a burgeoning asset away, especially at the most important position in pro sports.[/quote]

[url=http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/23333784/redskins-observations-rg3s-a-go-so-is-read-option-running-game]Redskins Observations: RG3's a go; so is read-option, running game - CBSSports.com[/url]

No one is going to trade for White...well maybe Al Davis, wait...nevermind.

SmootSmack 08-29-2013 01:30 PM

I mean it's common knowledge Pat White is playing the while game today. Shanahan said so. I still don't see him making this roster. Kudos to JLC if it does happen though

CRedskinsRule 08-29-2013 02:30 PM

JLC used to be an absolute opposite reporter for Skins facts, if he said it, I knew it was wrong. But he's been away, maybe he has better inside sources now, but I doubt it. I think the Skins would jump at any offer of a trade for PW, and wouldn't be surprised if they put out a little disinformation just to stir the pot and see what happens.

FRPLG 08-29-2013 04:16 PM

That's a win-win prediction for JLC. If it happens then he's a genius. If it doesn't it happens to concern only our QB3 which no one really cares about so no one will really notice.

That Guy 08-29-2013 04:57 PM

JLC is an idiot. he heard white was starting? from where? redskins.com a week ago like everyone else?

we've got beat reporters that actually know how to do their job now, but thanks anyways.

CASKINS 08-29-2013 05:38 PM

[quote=Monkeydad;1020568]New England. :D[/quote]

I'd be ok with that I just don't want him with a division rival

CASKINS 08-29-2013 05:47 PM

Lets just see how he does tonight, if White comes out playing like he belongs on the team and throws Matt Ryan like numbers Shanahan is gonna have a headache on cut day to deal with. Keep this in mind though Pat White I can see getting signed somewhere else as a 3rd or even a backup Rex I can't he's up there in age. My only issue with white going somewhere else is him being able to simulate our offense for a division rival.

SirLK26 08-29-2013 06:01 PM

[quote=CASKINS;1021251]Lets just see how he does tonight, if White comes out playing like he belongs on the team and throws Matt Ryan like numbers Shanahan is gonna have a headache on cut day to deal with. Keep this in mind though Pat White I can see getting signed somewhere else as a 3rd or even a backup Rex I can't he's up there in age. [B]My only issue with white going somewhere else is him being able to simulate our offense for a division rival.[/B][/quote]

That's nothing to be worried about. Romo, Vick, and Manning would be able to simulate our offense much better than White.

JoeRedskin 08-29-2013 07:29 PM

[quote=CASKINS;1021251]Lets just see how he does tonight, if White comes out playing like he belongs on the team and throws Matt Ryan like numbers Shanahan is gonna have a headache on cut day to deal with. Keep this in mind though Pat White I can see getting signed somewhere else as a 3rd or even a backup Rex I can't he's up there in age. [B]My only issue with white going somewhere else is him being able to simulate our offense for a division rival.[/B][/quote]

To do that, he would have to be able to throw a post pattern.

CRedskinsRule 08-29-2013 07:52 PM

[QUOTE=JoeRedskin;1021266]To do that, he would have to be able to throw a post pattern.[/QUOTE]

I am calling it now. 70 yard TD coming here!!!!

CRedskinsRule 08-29-2013 07:55 PM

[QUOTE=CRedskinsRule;1021279]I am calling it now. 70 yard TD coming here!!!![/QUOTE]

Or not.