Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Sam Huff (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/53263-sam-huff.html)

Krusheasy 06-21-2013 09:25 PM

Sam Huff

After 31 years Sam Huff is stepping down as color commentator for the Redskins but still plans to attend a few of the pre game shows with Larry & Sonny.
[url=http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/06/21/sam-huff-bids-farewell-retires-from-redskins-broadcast-after-37-years/]Sam Huff Bids Farewell: Retires From Redskins Broadcast After 37 Years CBS DC[/url]

NC_Skins 06-21-2013 09:48 PM

Re: Sam Huff

Long overdue. Hope he enjoys retirement, and now he can sit back and watch games without having to do a "job".

Lotus 06-21-2013 11:38 PM

Thank goodness.

artmonkforhallofamein07 06-21-2013 11:44 PM

Honestly they need to clean house. Sonny has some moments of lucidness but can sound like a moron more often then not. I have never been a big fan of Larry for some reason.

To me we should have the best broadcast team in the NFL but we are middle of the road or bad at best.

CultBrennan59 06-22-2013 11:18 AM

[YT]14njUwJUg1I[/YT]

This best describes Sonny and Sam

SmootSmack 06-22-2013 03:34 PM

Damn shame. I've always thought Sam Huff is one of the best color commentators out there...

Giantone 06-22-2013 06:48 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;1012975]Damn shame. I've always thought Sam Huff is one of the best color commentators out there...[/quote]

As long as Frank Herzog was there yes , once he was forced out for Larry Michael then you could see Sam Huff struggle with his broadcast duties. Still one hell of a nice guy and a hell of a football player, best of luck to him and his family.

Lotus 06-22-2013 07:02 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;1012975]Damn shame. I've always thought Sam Huff is one of the best color commentators out there...[/quote]

IS? Or WAS? In the '80's he was awesome. IMO The last few years, he has been painful. Sometimes it was like he had no idea about the game on the field (like talking about what a great play a defensive player made when we actually were on offense). And he would launch into series of meaningless non-sequiturs.

Back in the day, there was none better. He was eloquent, insightful, and sometimes really funny.

SmootSmack 06-22-2013 07:24 PM

Geez, I thought I've been pretty vocal for the past several years of my distaste for Huff. He was even lousy during the later Herzog years. I mean really, how many times did I do a smack down and mention Huff? His departure is looooooong overdue

So much for my attempt at a sarcastic post

Lotus 06-22-2013 07:55 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;1013000]Geez, I thought I've been pretty vocal for the past several years of my distaste for Huff. He was even lousy during the later Herzog years. I mean really, how many times did I do a smack down and mention Huff? His departure is looooooong overdue

So much for my attempt at a sarcastic post[/quote]

My bad.

Giantone 06-22-2013 08:31 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;1013000]Geez, I thought I've been pretty vocal for the past several years of my distaste for Huff. He was even lousy during the later Herzog years. I mean really, how many times did I do a smack down and mention Huff? His departure is looooooong overdue

So much for my attempt at a sarcastic post[/quote]

again, I apologize.

RGIII 06-24-2013 10:13 AM

Let's get a poll up with a few nominations for replacements!

Gmanc711 06-24-2013 10:45 AM

[quote=artmonkforhallofamein07;1012936]Honestly they need to clean house. Sonny has some moments of lucidness but can sound like a moron more often then not. I have never been a big fan of Larry for some reason.

To me we should have the best broadcast team in the NFL but we are middle of the road or bad at best.[/quote]

I agree. Sam & Sonny need to to go (well Sonny now). I mean great Redskins, I'm sure great guys, but they're not good anymore... I'm not a huge fan of Larry, but I don't think he's anything particularly bad either. He's an OK play by play guy, but just not my cup of tea. I think he might benefit from some newer guys in the booth though. I'd like to see Doc go up top, someone else replace Sonny and then new sideline guy.

We'll see though.

Hog1 06-24-2013 10:57 AM

[quote=Gmanc711;1013050]I agree. Sam & Sonny need to to go (well Sonny now). I mean great Redskins, I'm sure great guys, but they're not good anymore... I'm not a huge fan of Larry, but I don't think he's anything particularly bad either. He's an OK play by play guy, but just not my cup of tea. I think he might benefit from some newer guys in the booth though. I'd [B]like to see Doc go up top[/B], someone else replace Sonny and then new sideline guy.

We'll see though.[/quote]
WOW.....not sure how long I can stand
......He's A BEAST!

FRPLG 06-24-2013 11:09 AM

Your trolling failed. I got the joke though.