Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Some updated numbers (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=5365)

CrazyCanuck 03-13-2005 08:29 PM

Some updated numbers

I updated my cap sheets (online version should be up in the next few days).

Here are some quick numbers (000s):

2005 Team Total: $74,350
Less: 52 to end ($7,004)
Deadcap: $16,635 :doh: (thx $9MDB)
2005 Cap Total: $83,981

2005 Salary Cap: $85,500

2005 Cap Room: $1,519

Getting rid of Gardner will add another $1.5M, giving us a total of $3M to spend.

For 2006 our total is at $102.5M. I'd expect the 2006 cap to be around $90M.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 03-13-2005 09:22 PM

Re: Some updated numbers

Until we cut other guys, Gardner's trade will give us just enough room to sign the draft picks and have a tiny bit of emergency cap room. The roster changes are pretty much done.

Scott 03-13-2005 09:29 PM

Thanks Canuck, thats pretty significant for 2006, when you get a chance can you post the current numbers for 2006, or if they are already here point me in the right direction...NEVERMIND, FOUND THE LINK...

DCopper04 03-13-2005 09:43 PM

How significant would you expect our cap purge to be next year? I'll assume that Barrow and Brunell will be June 1st cuts next season, so that will save us some $$. If Ramsey plays well this year, then he will likely sign an extension, and that will save some more $$ as well. But after that, I can't think of any more obvious ways to save us money. I would think that Springs might be asked to restructure slightly, since his deal will be a few years old. Any other ideas?

TheMalcolmConnection 03-13-2005 10:25 PM

Hopefully we will have a good enough year with the players we have to not worry about signing anyone else. Maybe just some simple extensions and be done with it.

Gmanc711 03-13-2005 10:38 PM

Wow our 2006 is still pretty high. I really thought we cleared out more by loosing LC.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-13-2005 10:39 PM

I would have thought the same thing... But like I said, hopefully it'll just be a few restructures and we're done. I'm looking forward to a BORING off-season next season.

MTK 03-13-2005 11:28 PM

The [url="http://www.thewarpath.net/WarpathRedskinsCap.htm"]Latest Cap Sheets [/url]are now up, thanks again Crazy Canuck!

Redskins8588 03-14-2005 03:15 AM

On the dead cap page you have players like LC, Trotter and others, how many of these players will still be considered dead cap players next year? What I am really asking is when will Trotter, LC and the other players not count against our cap?

BrudLee 03-14-2005 09:14 AM

[QUOTE=Redskins8588]On the dead cap page you have players like LC, Trotter and others, how many of these players will still be considered dead cap players next year? What I am really asking is when will Trotter, LC and the other players not count against our cap?[/QUOTE]
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but both Coles and Trotter will be off next year. Because Trotter was released after June 1st last year, the bulk of his cap hit happens this year. Coles was traded [u]before[/u] June 1st, so the cap hit accelerates to this year.

beg8878 03-14-2005 10:23 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]The [url="http://www.thewarpath.net/WarpathRedskinsCap.htm"]Latest Cap Sheets [/url]are now up, thanks again Crazy Canuck![/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how long we've had access to those cap sheets, but its the first time I saw them...

Very Impressive!!! :headbange

FRPLG 03-14-2005 10:52 AM

Coles and trotter are off next year. 12 mil over is not too bad. They'll probably be some restructuring during the season that gets it lower and they'll also be some post June 1 cuts that bumps it up I am sure. Thy'll be lots of teams in worse shape come 2006.

CrazyCanuck 03-14-2005 02:42 PM

[QUOTE=DCopper04]How significant would you expect our cap purge to be next year? I'll assume that Barrow and Brunell will be June 1st cuts next season, so that will save us some $$. If Ramsey plays well this year, then he will likely sign an extension, and that will save some more $$ as well. But after that, I can't think of any more obvious ways to save us money. I would think that Springs might be asked to restructure slightly, since his deal will be a few years old. Any other ideas?[/QUOTE]

Because of the restrucutres, etc. some assumptions had to made, so the 2006 number might be off by a mill or 2. But it should be in the ballpark and will become more accurate as time goes on.

At first glance I do see about $15M in 2006 savings by cutting guys like:

Brunell $3M
Barrow $2M
Noble $1.5M
Daniels $800K
Hall $1.2M
Bowen $2M
McCants $1.5M
Raymer $1M
Morton $1.3M
Thrash $1M
Friedman $1M

Ramsey is already cheap for 2006. A new contract might save us a little money in the short term but not much.

CrazyCanuck 03-14-2005 02:46 PM

[QUOTE=Redskins8588]On the dead cap page you have players like LC, Trotter and others, how many of these players will still be considered dead cap players next year? What I am really asking is when will Trotter, LC and the other players not count against our cap?[/QUOTE]

Right now we have ZERO deadcap for 2006, so all the guys you mentioned will be off by the end of this year.

CrazyCanuck 03-14-2005 02:47 PM

[QUOTE=BrudLee]Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but both Coles and Trotter will be off next year. Because Trotter was released after June 1st last year, the bulk of his cap hit happens this year. Coles was traded [u]before[/u] June 1st, so the cap hit accelerates to this year.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.