Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins Training Camp Thread 3.0 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=53770)

CultBrennan59 08-13-2013 07:38 PM

Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread 3.0

Just because he's the worst of the three doesn't mean he sucks.

artmonkforhallofamein07 08-13-2013 08:15 PM

[quote=SirLK26;1018759]I can understand that. But he's saying Thomas isn't as good. I want to know why.[/quote]

Honestly after one training camp and a preseason game it is hard to make any assumptions about any of the rookies.

At this point last year Morris was a blip on the teams radar.

budw38 08-13-2013 09:28 PM

[quote=JoeRedskin;1018754]Had that three years ago. Foot still ain't right. Of course ... I was 47 and not in peak NFL condition either.[/quote]
How can a man not be in peak condition at 47 ? I hope you can find a good P/Therapist or even some Chiropractors are good with those kinds of inj's .

artmonkforhallofamein07 08-13-2013 09:31 PM

Hahaha.

Schneed10 08-13-2013 10:08 PM

Have to say, this is music to my eyes. From WaPo's Mike Jones on Tuesday practice observations:

[QUOTE]Alfred Morris has been working to improve his pass protection skills, and today he stuck Perry Riley on a stunt off the right edge with a hard block and kept the linebacker from getting to Kirk Cousins on one play in 11-on-11 action. Had it been a game, [B]however, it wouldn’t have mattered, because Brian Orakpo had beaten Trent Williams and would’ve hit Cousins on his blind side.[/B][/QUOTE]

I guess a pessimist could look at that and say well great, Trent isn't holding up the blind side. Trent is the last guy I'm worried about. To see Orakpo get that sack on Locker and hear him beating Trent in practice, beautiful thing. Nothing impacts the game and changes momentum like a QB sack.

mbedner3420 08-13-2013 10:44 PM

[quote=Schneed10;1018765]Have to say, this is music to my eyes. From WaPo's Mike Jones on Tuesday practice observations:

I guess a pessimist could look at that and say well great, Trent isn't holding up the blind side. Trent is the last guy I'm worried about. To see Orakpo get that sack on Locker and hear him beating Trent in practice, beautiful thing. [B]Nothing impacts the game and changes momentum like a QB sack.[/B][/quote]

What about a crucial turnover in overtime?

skinsfaninok 08-13-2013 11:18 PM

[QUOTE=artmonkforhallofamein07;1018762]Honestly after one training camp and a preseason game it is hard to make any assumptions about any of the rookies.

At this point last year Morris was a blip on the teams radar.[/QUOTE]

Yeah let's wait and see before we say anyone is really good. Rambo looked like a clown last week but does that mean he sucks? No it's just PS

FRPLG 08-14-2013 12:05 AM

[quote=mbedner3420;1018766]What about a crucial turnover in overtime?[/quote]

Are you actually trolling or sarcastically so?

NC_Skins 08-14-2013 12:10 AM

[url=http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/54039/robert-griffin-iii-report]Robert Griffin III report - NFC East Blog - ESPN[/url]

Bucket 08-14-2013 12:17 AM

Nuff said.

mbedner3420 08-14-2013 06:12 AM

[quote=FRPLG;1018768]Are you actually trolling or sarcastically so?[/quote]

I'm just joking around.

Chico23231 08-14-2013 08:43 AM

Has anybody heard anything about Tanard Jackson status, anything new?

He can play both safety positions. Thomas down is probably done for the year, to replace him with T Jax would be great. Im not sold on Merriweather being ready, just dont have the confidence he is going to be able to perform at 100%. Best case at this point is to rotate in packages Merriweather/Reed at SS and Rambo at FS. If Rambo would struggle, having Tanard Jackson there playing behind him would be nice insurance. If Merrriweather would have a setback, you could play T Jax/Reed at SS. I dont care how good Gomes or Pugh are playing...T Jax is still more valuable and a better player.

FRPLG 08-14-2013 08:44 AM

[quote=mbedner3420;1018772]I'm just joking around.[/quote]

I thought so. Haha. Didn't think you were a grammar-police type.

artmonkforhallofamein07 08-14-2013 08:53 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1018773]Has anybody heard anything about Tanard Jackson status, anything new?

He can play both safety positions. Thomas down is probably done for the year, to replace him with T Jax would be great. Im not sold on Merriweather being ready, just dont have the confidence he is going to be able to perform at 100%. Best case at this point is to rotate in packages Merriweather/Reed at SS and Rambo at FS. If Rambo would struggle, having Tanard Jackson there playing behind him would be nice insurance. If Merrriweather would have a setback, you could play T Jax/Reed at SS. I dont care how good Gomes or Pugh are playing...T Jax is still more valuable and a better player.[/quote]

I hate to say it, but we kinda need the guy. He would be a bonus to have back. We arent going to rely on him long term obviously but one year would be great that is a tall order though for a guy who has an obvious drug problem.

Skinzman 08-14-2013 08:53 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1018773]Has anybody heard anything about Tanard Jackson status, anything new?

He can play both safety positions. Thomas down is probably done for the year, to replace him with T Jax would be great. Im not sold on Merriweather being ready, just dont have the confidence he is going to be able to perform at 100%. Best case at this point is to rotate in packages Merriweather/Reed at SS and Rambo at FS. If Rambo would struggle, having Tanard Jackson there playing behind him would be nice insurance. If Merrriweather would have a setback, you could play T Jax/Reed at SS. I dont care how good Gomes or Pugh are playing...T Jax is still more valuable and a better player.[/quote]

He is still 2 weeks away from being able to apply for reinstatement. Wont be anything new until he can do that. No clue on how long it will take the NFL to decide if they are going to reinstate him or not.