Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Skins vs DA BEARS pre game thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=54771)

skinsfaninok 10-16-2013 09:24 AM

Skins vs DA BEARS pre game thread

No PG thread yet?? Cmon folks lets at least enjoy the season a little?

Anyway skins actually open as a favorite this week (0.5) but still.

Any chance we pull off the W at home?

Lotus 10-16-2013 09:33 AM

Re: Skins vs DA BEARS pre game thread

IMO we will notch a second win as the Bears make mistakes on offense. An ugly W but a W nonetheless.

skinsfaninok 10-16-2013 09:34 AM

yeah I don't see either team playing great football, I'd go with something like 23-21 or along those lines

DynamiteRave 10-16-2013 09:37 AM

Considering our special teams is non-existant, Devin Hester has a field day. We couldn't stop random ass Dwayne Harris, I doubt we stop Hester either. He may not score TDs but the Bears will have the advantage in field position.

firstdown 10-16-2013 09:44 AM

I say we kick the bears ass and have our best game in all 3 phases this week.

Chico23231 10-16-2013 09:47 AM

Im actually probably not gonna take the time to watch the game this week. Im pretty disappointed at this point.

I think the biggest reason for our epic fail has been 1.RG3 injury 2.Coaching 3.Cap penalty 36 mill has significant impacted ability to improve the team.

I think our coaches have done a much poorer job than the players on the field imo. We have enough talent to be a playoff contender in this division, so the coaching is to blame.

MTK 10-16-2013 09:54 AM

I think the offense is close to putting it together. The D has been much improved the last 2 outings. Now if special teams can just not totally collapse again I like our chances this week.

skinsfaninok 10-16-2013 09:54 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1033378]Im actually probably not gonna take the time to watch the game this week. Im pretty disappointed at this point.

I think the biggest reason for our epic fail has been 1.RG3 injury 2.Coaching 3.Cap penalty 36 mill has significant impacted ability to improve the team.

I think our coaches have done a much poorer job than the players on the field imo. We have enough talent to be a playoff contender in this division, so the coaching is to blame.[/quote]

I will have it on but I won't be all stoked up like i was last sunday night. If things go south I'll just go workout or something lol

skinsfaninok 10-16-2013 09:55 AM

I'm just not a big believer in CHI, and HALL OWNS CUTLER

DynamiteRave 10-16-2013 10:15 AM

We kinda need to win this game since we might as well chalk the Broncos game up as a loss already.

skinsfaninok 10-16-2013 10:17 AM

crazier things have happened , maybe we pull the shocker of the yr and beat DEN?

DynamiteRave 10-16-2013 10:20 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1033387]crazier things have happened , maybe we pull the shocker of the yr and beat DEN?[/quote]

Like the Cowboys scoring 50+ points and almost beating them. That's pretty crazy. It could happen. But I won't get my hopes up. :P

skinsfan69 10-16-2013 10:23 AM

This isn't the same Jay Cutler of old. He's playing his best ball in Trestman's offense and that's the difference. He's not forcing the ball, seems to be getting it out quicker...and not taking sacks. I don't see our pass offense doing much against their corners. I see much of the same from our offense. Bears 27 Skins 17.

punch it in 10-16-2013 11:18 AM

Skins vs DA BEARS pre game thread

I just dont want to lose twice this time. The worst part of this season is that it feels like(minus the W against Oakland), we lose every game twice! We come out and by halftime its over. I accept the loss only to get roped back in to some false hope of a miracle. Than i am accepting the loss again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - [URL=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]now Free[/URL]

punch it in 10-16-2013 11:19 AM

[QUOTE=skinsfaninok;1033387]crazier things have happened , maybe we pull the shocker of the yr and beat DEN?[/QUOTE]

The question mark at the end of this thought says it all. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - [URL=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]now Free[/URL]

firstdown 10-16-2013 12:32 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;1033386]We kinda need to win this game since we might as well chalk the Broncos game up as a loss already.[/quote]

We also kick their ass for the first loss of the season.

DynamiteRave 10-16-2013 12:34 PM

[quote=punch it in;1033395]I just dont want to lose twice this time. The worst part of this season is that it feels like(minus the W against Oakland), we lose every game twice! We come out and by halftime its over. I accept the loss only to get roped back in to some false hope of a miracle. Than i am accepting the loss again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - [URL="http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1"]now Free[/URL][/quote]

lol wait are you saying that we lose as soon as we run out from the tunnel? and then lose again at halftime?

Man, that's depressing to think about it.

Reminds me of this:

[YT]okXhAC78d4Q[/YT]

Replace Mets with Redskins and that's how this season is starting to go.

CrazyCanuck 10-16-2013 01:00 PM

Ahhh good times...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9l_Ol2pKA4]DeAngelo Hall Intercepts 4 Passes Ties NFL Record - YouTube[/ame]

The Goat 10-16-2013 01:22 PM

Watching this game with a buddy who grew up on Chicago = huge Bears fan, but I won't be laying any wagers this time around. I think the Bears come to play and if we don't...this could get real ugly with the home crowd and beyond.

Green Monk Machine 10-16-2013 01:30 PM

When we win more than once a month, I'll be excited. Bears may be that game. Hopefully the next will be SD when I'm sitting on the 45yd line.

Lotus 10-16-2013 01:31 PM

[quote=firstdown;1033408]We also kick their ass for the first loss of the season.[/quote]

Well done firstdown.

Monkeydad 10-16-2013 02:16 PM

Brandon Jacobs came off the street to run all over this D.

Robert will get over 100 yards rushing, Albert goes for 150+.

Monkeydad 10-16-2013 02:18 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1033381]I'm just not a big believer in CHI, and HALL OWNS CUTLER[/quote]

Last time was fun.

NC_Skins 10-16-2013 02:40 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1033367]Cmon folks lets at least enjoy the season a little? [/quote]

[IMG]http://bigorangeslide.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/39215-grumpy-cat-no-Rwoe.jpeg[/IMG]

skinsfan69 10-16-2013 02:48 PM

[quote=Monkeydad;1033438]Brandon Jacobs came off the street to run all over this D.

Robert will get over 100 yards rushing, Albert goes for 150+.[/quote]

Yeah Kyle needs to just look at the Giants game, which I'm sure he is. We need to give it to Morris 30 times, Helu 15 and have RG3 carry it 5-6 times. If he can do that this game can be won.

skinsfaninok 10-16-2013 02:50 PM

lol

Chico23231 10-16-2013 02:55 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;1033448][IMG]http://bigorangeslide.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/39215-grumpy-cat-no-Rwoe.jpeg[/IMG][/quote]

lolololololololololololololol

skinsfaninok 10-16-2013 04:40 PM

[url=http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000264109/article/robert-griffin-iii-still-can-reignite-washington-redskins-offense]Robert Griffin III still can reignite Washington Redskins' offense - NFL.com[/url]

Kindoy 10-16-2013 04:54 PM

My heart says we turn them over 3+ times and win a close one because of the defense. Offense still can't move the ball, 17-14 type game with a defensive TD.

...but my head says Cutler, Marshall & Bennett kick our arse up and down the field and beat us 31-10.

CultBrennan59 10-16-2013 05:09 PM

Bears 23

Redskins 21

Hall picks off cutler again. Trestmans balanced offense is what hurts us and keeps us guessing as opposed to attacking.

Green Monk Machine 10-16-2013 06:11 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;1033449]Yeah Kyle needs to just look at the Giants game, which I'm sure he is. We need to give it to Morris 30 times, Helu 15 and have RG3 carry it 5-6 times. If he can do that this game can be won.[/quote]

I think if we continue to script plays for Rob to be running, we won't have him ever healthy and to be so bone headed that means we will also have Kyle as the OC. If we ever want to build a winning franchise, than we need to have a system for Rob to mature and be a real QB that drops back and throws to our overpaid targets. If he runs, it better be b/c everyone is covered. We'd be doing us a disservice by enabling the demise of his career. Unless all you want is hype and subway style marketing commercials. Me, I'd rather have a f'kn championship team that doesn't need gimmicks to win. At least look like the sport that originated as lining up man to man and the great slinging Sammy which evolved this sport further by passing. Want QB option? Than tune into smarter nfl teams or NCAA. It has no future to benefit from in DC, really MD, but mostly VA.

Bishop Hammer 10-16-2013 06:15 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;1033373]Considering our special teams is non-existant, Devin Hester has a field day. We couldn't stop random ass Dwayne Harris, I doubt we stop Hester either. He may not score TDs but the Bears will have the advantage in field position.[/quote]

Looks like it wasn't all on Danny Smith now. This, very well, could be another game where ST play screws up the Skins.

Dan22 10-16-2013 07:11 PM

I will come from Paris, France to see this game! French fan in Fedex!
Hope it will be the game of the awakening!

Hail to the Redskins! Allez les Redskins!

Hog1 10-16-2013 07:14 PM

[quote=dan22;1033493]i will come from paris, france to see this game! French fan in fedex!
[size=4]hope it will be the game of the awakening!
[/size]
hail to the redskins! Allez les redskins![/quote]

httr!

CRedskinsRule 10-16-2013 07:42 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1033367]No PG thread yet?? Cmon folks lets at least enjoy the season a little?

Anyway skins actually open as a favorite this week (0.5) but still.

Any chance we pull off the W at home?[/quote]

I had a light of hope before last week, but I'm about as done with this team as I ever have been. I don't think I posted anything this week, and barely have come to the warpath. It's a shame that whatever the issues are with this team they led to a waste of a rising year. At least St Louis is happy...

htownskinfan 10-16-2013 08:51 PM

[quote=Green Monk Machine;1033489]I think if we continue to script plays for Rob to be running, we won't have him ever healthy and to be so bone headed that means we will also have Kyle as the OC. If we ever want to build a winning franchise, than we need to have a system for Rob to mature and be a real QB that drops back and throws to our overpaid targets. If he runs, it better be b/c everyone is covered. We'd be doing us a disservice by enabling the demise of his career. Unless all you want is hype and subway style marketing commercials. Me, I'd rather have a f'kn championship team that doesn't need gimmicks to win. At least look like the sport that originated as lining up man to man and the great slinging Sammy which evolved this sport further by passing. Want QB option? Than tune into smarter nfl teams or NCAA. It has no future to benefit from in DC, really MD, but mostly VA.[/quote]

[SIZE="3"]This
We all want to win and Rg3 running gives us the best chance but its not whats best for his career.He needs to learn to read defenses and quit locking into 1 receiver.
[/SIZE]

bigSkinsfan61 10-16-2013 08:59 PM

my lovley wife is a huge bears fan so we dont play each other all that often, which is good i guess i would luv for the skins to smack jay cutler and the rest of the bears in the face early and often and come away with a win...whith that being said..skins 27-bears 24

Lotus 10-16-2013 09:19 PM

[quote=Dan22;1033493]I will come from Paris, France to see this game! French fan in Fedex!
Hope it will be the game of the awakening!

Hail to the Redskins! Allez les Redskins![/quote]

That is fantastic! Good for you!

punch it in 10-16-2013 09:29 PM

[QUOTE=DynamiteRave;1033409]lol wait are you saying that we lose as soon as we run out from the tunnel? and then lose again at halftime?

Man, that's depressing to think about it.

Reminds me of this:

[YT]okXhAC78d4Q[/YT]

Replace Mets with Redskins and that's how this season is starting to go.[/QUOTE]

Lol. No - im a Skins fan, i think were going to win everygame when we come out of the tunnel. It just seems like the pattern has been -
1) start slow
2) get down big
3) make a come back
4) blow it
So i have to suffer through two waves of depression. 2 and 4.

Were living in yesterdays tomorrows.

Bucket 10-16-2013 09:43 PM

[quote=punch it in;1033515]Lol. No - im a Skins fan, i think were going to win everygame when we come out of the tunnel. It just seems like the pattern has been -
1) start slow
2) get down big
3) make a come back
4) blow it
So i have to suffer through two waves of depression. 2 and 4.

Were living in yesterdays tomorrows.[/quote]

Sounds like football isnt for you. That is pretty much every team in the NFL in every week