Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Another Record Broken by the Skins. (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=5491)

Daseal 03-21-2005 04:11 PM

Re: Another Record Broken by the Skins.

Monks - a few years ago Snyder stormed out of the same owners meetings going on now because he didn't get a shot at a Super Bowl. How many places with cold weather without indoor stadiums have seen a Super Bowl?

Redskins_P 03-21-2005 04:17 PM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]Everytime I go to FedEx it is a completely ROWDY crowd. I couldn't imagine if it could possibly BE any louder. I mean when I was at the Bengals game this year, we all acted like it was the Super Bowl.[/QUOTE]

Dude, seriously that was probably NOTHING compared to the first game against Tampa. I was there, and I swear I lost my voice and now I'm going deaf in my right ear. It was rediculous.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-21-2005 04:18 PM

Again, I think that everyone who can afford to needs to coordinate and we could all go to a game... I'm interested in going to the season opener.

firstdown 03-21-2005 05:00 PM

[QUOTE=Redskins_P]Dude, seriously that was probably NOTHING compared to the first game against Tampa. I was there, and I swear I lost my voice and now I'm going deaf in my right ear. It was rediculous.[/QUOTE]That was a loud game. My brother in law has season tickets and they are right on the 50 yard line. The only problem they are up on the third level and you feel a little removed from the game but as for watching the game they are great seats. Your looking down on the feild and can see the plays as they develop.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-21-2005 08:13 PM

I have access to some upper levels (200 section) behind the goalpost. Anyone ever sat in that position? I heard it was pretty cool to watch like that.

Monksdown 03-21-2005 08:15 PM

I made the Vikings game last year, the one Randy walked out on. I was in section 126. the seats were ridiculous. i lost my voice for 2 days. After some of the things I said, I think Daunte and I are a couple. haha

TheMalcolmConnection 03-21-2005 08:16 PM

Nice... I love anything in the lowers. Tickets were SO damn expensive last year. Hopefully with the "Gibbs return" novelty being over with, the prices may go down.

SkinsRock 03-22-2005 02:02 PM

[QUOTE=Redskins_P][url]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7257446/[/url]

Redskins break attendance mark againAssociated Press Sports
Updated: 12:58 p.m. ET March 21, 2005The Washington Redskins set the NFL's regular-season home paid attendance record for the fifth consecutive year, the league announced Monday.

The Redskins, whose 91,665-seat stadium is the largest in the NFL, drew 707,920 fans _ an average of 88,490 _ for eight home games. The New York Giants (629,874) were second, followed by the Kansas City Chiefs (623,264) and New York Jets (622,985).

Overall, the league had another record year at the gate, setting a record mark for the third straight season. NFL paid attendance for all games _ including exhibitions and playoffs _ was 21,708,624, an increase of nearly 70,000 over the previous record of 21,639,040 in 2003.

NFL regular season games drew 17,000,811 fans, or an average of 66,409 per game.

Something to be proud of for us fans. Hopefully, somehow this will translate into more wins for us.

Hey you never know![/QUOTE]
Interesting how only one of the top four teams in attendance was actually a playoff team with a winning record (Jets)....