Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Philip Daniels Article (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=5495)

drew54 03-21-2005 11:51 PM

Re: Philip Daniels Article

I say pull the offer. We now know what kind of guy he is and what modivates him.

[SIZE=7][COLOR=Green][I]$[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

diehardskin2982 03-22-2005 12:50 AM

I did pr work for a team before, it probrally some interns article on a player to keep the website fresh, it usually not that calculated.

As for brown it would be smarter to sign with us beacuse I don't think the other teams could possibly rejuvenate his career like us

Daseal 03-22-2005 01:36 AM

The Jags defense and Denvers defense were both pretty nasty last year, plus their offenses produced.

John Hasbrouck 03-22-2005 03:45 AM

Granted Daniels has been a bit of an underachiever, but he can get it done. Hopefully now he will be 100% healthy and self-motivated for what ever reason.

backrow 03-22-2005 07:56 AM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]I agree. I bet that Brown would want to go somewhere that he would start, even though he has a past history with a lot of Redskins.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Start, and make the Cash that only the Jags and Seahawks can afford!

It looks like we got our guy last year, and he had an off year with injuries, according to the previously posted Redskins.com article.

BossHog 03-22-2005 10:21 AM

Weren't we supposed to know of Brown's signing before today? :oink:

JoeRedskin 03-22-2005 10:30 AM

[QUOTE=Daseal]The Jags defense and Denvers defense were both pretty nasty last year, plus their offenses produced.[/QUOTE]

You know, you sound more and more like Curmudgeon each passing day.

You're far too young to be so cynical. Have some optimism. Drink a beer (or three), see the Skin's through rose colored glasses.

Jeeeez, think some good thoughts for a change!! :laughing2

JoeRedskin 03-22-2005 10:32 AM

[QUOTE=BossHog]Weren't we supposed to know of Brown's signing before today? :oink:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he said on Friday that he was going to cancel his trips to the Jags and Seattle and pick between the Skins and Denver over the weekend.

He has now gone to the Jags and is meeting with Seattle today. Guess he didn't get any offers he couldn't refuse.

That Guy 03-22-2005 11:24 AM

[QUOTE=JoeRedskin]Yeah, he said on Friday that he was going to cancel his trips to the Jags and Seattle and pick between the Skins and Denver over the weekend.

He has now gone to the Jags and is meeting with Seattle today. Guess he didn't get any offers he couldn't refuse.[/QUOTE]

actually he had meetings with tampa and seattle, but tampa only has like 1mill under the cap right now... he's obviously looking for the highest bidder.

Daseal 03-22-2005 11:34 AM

JoeRedskin: I think it's silly for us to think that every FA wants to come to Washington. We're perenial losers, and though everyone here thinks Joe Gibbs is the best coach in the NFL, not many other people agree. What C. Brown saw was a great defense that couldn't get any wins because the offense was so bad they couldn't even get two TDs a game! Meanwhile, Denver, Seattle, and the Jags made or came close to the playoffs and all three have very talented defenses along with good offensive production. Plus, he's more likely to get those icnentives if he's a starter, which no one has given him here.

I love the skins, but I can't fool myself and think that we're the Patriots.

MTK 03-22-2005 11:58 AM

Money talks, simple as that. It doesn't matter if you're the Cardinals or the Patriots, if a team is dishing out the dough, players will listen.

If we offered Brown a deal that he wanted, he would have signed the day he was here. He's looking for the best deal right now, things like playing time, coaches, teammates, etc., are all secondary.

Daseal 03-22-2005 12:18 PM

those secondary values can make you more money, so they are certainly factored in!

Redskins_P 03-22-2005 12:32 PM

[QUOTE=Daseal]JoeRedskin: I think it's silly for us to think that every FA wants to come to Washington. We're perenial losers, and though everyone here thinks Joe Gibbs is the best coach in the NFL, not many other people agree. What C. Brown saw was a great defense that couldn't get any wins because the offense was so bad they couldn't even get two TDs a game! Meanwhile, Denver, Seattle, and the Jags made or came close to the playoffs and all three have very talented defenses along with good offensive production. Plus, he's more likely to get those icnentives if he's a starter, which no one has given him here.

I love the skins, but I can't fool myself and think that we're the Patriots.[/QUOTE]

Did Daseal just say he loves the skins? OMG. That's got to be a first.

So Daseal, how do you know what C.Brown saw? Did you speak to him personally?

Daseal 03-22-2005 01:47 PM

Redskins_P: Stop fooling yourself. I'll tell you what he saw. Us losing to the Browns. That isn't what he wants.

Redskins_P 03-22-2005 01:53 PM

[QUOTE=Daseal]Redskins_P: Stop fooling yourself. I'll tell you what he saw. Us losing to the Browns. That isn't what he wants.[/QUOTE]

Stop fooling myself? Ok Daseal, you're right.

Redskins suck.

Joe Gibbs sucks.

Bring back Spurrier.

Happy now?