Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Cooley Drops Bomb on Haynesworth (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=54951)

KI Skins Fan 10-29-2013 08:51 AM

Cooley Drops Bomb on Haynesworth

Sorry to have to bring up Fat Albert again, but this is "need to know" stuff for Redskins Fans:

On his ESPN 980 radio show Chris Cooley and company were discussing the huge bad contract given Gilbert Arenas by the Wizards when the dreadful Albert Haynesworth contract was brought up. Cooley was asked which contract was worse, the massive one given to Arenas, or the massive one handed to Albert Haynesworth.

“NO QUESTION, the Haynesworth contract,” Cooley answered. “Because he was TRYING to get released by the team. His goal was to come here, make a large signing bonus, and then get released and not have to do any of the work. He didn’t care about the back end of that contract, he didn’t care about making all of that money. His idea was, you paid me for what I did in the past, and my goal is to be released as soon as possible and basically take $33 million from you for absolutely nothing.”

“But was that his goal from the get-go?” Galdi asked.

“Yes,” Cooley insisted. “His goal from the get-go was to take that money. He also indicated to many players on the team that his new goal was to get released as soon as possible, sign another maybe $10, 12 million contract — that’s verbatim — go somewhere, play for a year and probably get released, and keep that money too. I mean, if it was a player on this team currently, I would not discuss this on the air. But being the player that he was, and the guy that he was around here, this was open [knowledge] among many players in this locker room: that his goal was basically to take money."

There you have it. It was just as most of us suspected.

For more, if you can stand it, check out today's sports page on washingtonpost.com.

Chico23231 10-29-2013 09:10 AM

Re: Cooley Drops Bomb on Haynesworth

Yeah I heard this the other day. I dont blame Haynesworth or the players, its a culture developed by Danny Boy and Vinny. They are directly and solely responsible for it. Not smart football people making decisions they had no business making.

FRPLG 10-29-2013 09:14 AM

You don't blame Haynesworth for what?

Chico23231 10-29-2013 09:17 AM

[quote=FRPLG;1036848]You don't blame Haynesworth for what?[/quote]

for taking the money and advantage of the situation. if that was his plan going in. We set ourselves up by developing a culture of paying players well over their ability. Its no secret agents sought out rediculous contracts from us because we were fools. I think Haynesworth is a pos no doubt

MTK 10-29-2013 09:19 AM

AH would have done this anywhere he went, regardless if it was the Redskins or another team. He clearly was not interested in playing football, he just wanted to get paid.

Lotus 10-29-2013 09:21 AM

A man of pride and character does not show up to take money for doing nothing, regardless of the business culture.

My opinion of Haynesworth just got lower...and I did not think it was possible to go lower. To call him a douche is an insult to douches everywhere.

Chico23231 10-29-2013 09:21 AM

[quote=Mattyk;1036853]AH would have done this anywhere he went, regardless if it was the Redskins or another team. He clearly was not interested in playing football, he just wanted to get paid.[/quote]

Yeah maybe, but we were the fools to give him the money. Very dumb, thank god we have reversed that culture here. Shanny and Bruce have done an excellent job in that department.

Lotus 10-29-2013 09:24 AM

By the way, awesome Halloween theme Summo!

SmootSmack 10-29-2013 09:32 AM

Haynesworth completely wasted a chance to be a HOF. He's superbly talented and actually extremely bright. He could have had a HOF career and been a terrific analyst post-career. But he chose to be lazy and waste his talents. That's on him

artmonkforhallofamein07 10-29-2013 09:32 AM

[quote=Lotus;1036855]A man of pride and character does not show up to take money for doing nothing, regardless of the business culture.

My opinion of Haynesworth just got lower...and I did not think it was possible to go lower. [B] To call him a douche is an insult to douches everywhere[/B].[/quote]

funniest thing I have read on here in a while

KI Skins Fan 10-29-2013 09:34 AM

[quote=Lotus;1036858]By the way, awesome Halloween theme Summo![/quote]

Sure it's awesome, if you don't mind that it's blatantly offensive to dead people.

Chico23231 10-29-2013 09:39 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;1036865]Haynesworth completely wasted a chance to be a HOF. He's superbly talented and actually extremely bright. He could have had a HOF career and been a terrific analyst post-career. But he chose to be lazy and waste his talents. That's on him[/quote]

They were red flags, we had no business offering him a contract. Especially one that made him the highest paid defensive player. Foolish beyond belief. We are still paying for it.

irish 10-29-2013 09:42 AM

[quote=Mattyk;1036853]AH would have done this anywhere he went, regardless if it was the Redskins or another team. He clearly was not interested in playing football, he just wanted to get paid.[/quote]

I agree and he found the easiest pigeon of them all to fleece, DS and VC.

MTK 10-29-2013 09:45 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;1036865]Haynesworth completely wasted a chance to be a HOF. He's superbly talented and actually extremely bright. He could have had a HOF career and been a terrific analyst post-career. But he chose to be lazy and waste his talents. That's on him[/quote]

Someday he'll regret it, hopefully.

KI Skins Fan 10-29-2013 09:49 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1036869]They were red flags, we had no business offering him a contract. Especially one that made him the highest paid defensive player. Foolish beyond belief. We are still paying for it.[/quote]

That part is true. But Haynesworth deserves to be excoriated for doing such a morally bankrupt thing.

You do realize, Chico, that he stole from us, the Redskins fans, too, don't you? What he did caused great harm to the organization which set the team back on the field. He stole our Sunday afternoons. How do you feel about this man stealing from [U]you[/U]?