Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Skins resign Clemons (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=5497)

Gmanc711 03-21-2005 06:35 PM

Skins resign Clemons

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2018589[/url]

Ran across this on espn.com. This may be a low level type of resiging; but I'm very excited to see what Williams can do with this kid. He came up with a few big plays last year; so hopefully we can get some good production here.

wolfeskins 03-21-2005 07:06 PM

Re: Skins resign Clemons

thats a smart move by the skins. i think this guy could turn out to be a pretty good ball player.

SKINSnCANES 03-21-2005 07:11 PM

hmmm, I wonder if this means they dont think they will get brown...That or its a contract that basically just allows him to try out for the team.

jrocx69 03-21-2005 07:29 PM

this was the same tender they offfered him like a month ago, he just signed it

this was the exclusive rights tender

John Hasbrouck 03-21-2005 07:40 PM

Outstanding- Clemons is a PLAYER

Daseal 03-21-2005 07:52 PM

Great, I like Clemons. Wish we weren't so saturated at the LB position so we could see more of him!

TheMalcolmConnection 03-21-2005 08:09 PM

I just like him as the 3rd down rushing back. The dude is FAST.

PSUskinsfan11 03-21-2005 08:21 PM

I am a huge Clemons fan, realllll glad we have him back. Also I saw we signed Gari Scott. Scott would be a nice PR/KR plus we have Brown do you think this means we will cut Morton after June 1st? I think Morton is a waste of cap personally.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-21-2005 08:22 PM

I'd at least give Morton a chance to prove himself. No point in taking the hit if we could have TWO great return men.

Gmanc711 03-21-2005 08:26 PM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]I'd at least give Morton a chance to prove himself. No point in taking the hit if we could have TWO great return men.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you there. I think Brown is the best returner i've seen on the Redskins in a long time. Granted he was only in for 2 or 3 games; but damn he was very impressive. However I think the more fast, athletic guys we have back there, the more dangerous our special teams unit could be. If we need to cut Morton to sign a draft pick or what-not, then so be it. However,I think we go into camp wtih all three guys and see what kinda fireworks we can get with our return units.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-21-2005 08:29 PM

Most definitely. You remember last year when the Ravens did that fake to Deion? I think we could pull something like that off every now and then.

KLHJ2 03-21-2005 08:32 PM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]I'd at least give Morton a chance to prove himself. No point in taking the hit if we could have TWO great return men.[/QUOTE]

But with the addition of Moss along with Thrash, Brown, and Scott, why not take the hit to free up a roster spot for a position that we need more depth at? We have a pretty deep Running back corps. with Portis, Betts, and Cartwright.

Not disagreeing with you, just adding some food for thought.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-21-2005 08:37 PM

I definitely don't deny that. I would just like to see him back there for a season and re-evaluate afterwards. Maybe his value could go up for a trade. He's not worth a damn thing to anyone being on the injured list, so maybe he could find a spot on special teams and either A) prove himself and stay or B) prove himself and get shopped next off-season. I don't know about Scott as a return man though. I liked him in pre-season, but if I remember correctly, I don't think he played a lot against the starters. I DO however think he has a shot (as much as Jacobs has).

As far as the roster spot is concerned, I'm fairly torn on that. I'd LIKE to see us have room for another position we need, but I also would hate to see Morton leave without us seeing him play (just like I feel about Barrow).

KLHJ2 03-21-2005 08:43 PM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]I definitely don't deny that. I would just like to see him back there for a season and re-evaluate afterwards. Maybe his value could go up for a trade. He's not worth a damn thing to anyone being on the injured list, so maybe he could find a spot on special teams and either A) prove himself and stay or B) prove himself and get shopped next off-season. I don't know about Scott as a return man though. I liked him in pre-season, but if I remember correctly, I don't think he played a lot against the starters. I DO however think he has a shot (as much as Jacobs has).

As far as the roster spot is concerned, I'm fairly torn on that. I'd LIKE to see us have room for another position we need, but I also would hate to see Morton leave without us seeing him play (just like I feel about Barrow).[/QUOTE]

I like the way you are thinking on the let him prove himself. I agree that I would like to see him play a little first before sending him packing. Too bad he is not worth anything in a trade though.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-21-2005 08:47 PM

Yeah, I hate how we [used] to roll the dice so much on big names (not that he was a huge name). However, if we keep on buying solid, cheap talent, I'm confident that the upcoming season will reflect that.

I really would like to see Barrow on the field next year though. At least see him in training camp and fight it out with Marshall. Maybe the two of them rotating in.