Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Skins resign Clemons (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=5497)

KLHJ2 03-21-2005 08:53 PM

Re: Skins resign Clemons

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]Yeah, I hate how we [used] to roll the dice so much on big names (not that he was a huge name). However, if we keep on buying solid, cheap talent, I'm confident that the upcoming season will reflect that.

I really would like to see Barrow on the field next year though. At least see him in training camp and fight it out with Marshall. Maybe the two of them rotating in.[/QUOTE]

It sucks to have to say this, but even with taking into consideration how much we spent on Borrow we should just prep Marshall or some other young body. Borrow is no spring chicken, and the skins need to look for the future MLB as opposed to the pasts should have been MLB.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-21-2005 08:58 PM

We're definitely prepping Marshall. That's why we promoted him rather than resigning Pierce. Again, I think Barrow is another guy that could be, if not is one of the best LBs in the league. THAT'S why I really want to see him at least play for us a couple years.

Yellow31 03-21-2005 08:58 PM

[QUOTE=angryssg]It sucks to have to say this, but even with taking into consideration how much we spent on Borrow we should just prep Marshall or some other young body. Borrow is no spring chicken, and the skins need to look for the future MLB as opposed to the pasts should have been MLB.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. But if they are paying and he is healthy, might as well play him and work in Marshall when they can. I am sure Williams could work him in somewhere.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-21-2005 08:59 PM

Exactly. I don't want to buy those $7 FedEx beers for nothing! :)

KLHJ2 03-21-2005 09:07 PM

I think that he had his last good season with the Giants. He did not play at all last year, and he is getting old. Those two factors alone are enough to put him on a downslide. Hey, if he proves then more power to him, but he has yet to show us anything as a skin. Until he does I will stand firm to my position on this. Ironically if he does prove me wrong, I will be among the first cheering for him. Call it two faced or a double standard or whatever you want, but that is the way that I look at it.

Tahoe Skin 03-21-2005 09:52 PM

[QUOTE=Daseal]Great, I like Clemons. Wish we weren't so saturated at the LB position so we could see more of him![/QUOTE]

It'd be nice to a 3-4 every now and then!

Redskins8588 03-21-2005 10:17 PM

[QUOTE=angryssg]But with the addition of Moss along with Thrash, Brown, and Scott, why not take the hit to free up a roster spot for a position that we need more depth at? We have a pretty deep Running back corps. with Portis, Betts, and Cartwright.

Not disagreeing with you, just adding some food for thought.[/QUOTE]
I am pretty sure that Moss wont be returning kicks and punts anymore. Atleast, maybe, it will be up to him if he wants to or not, but if he is supposed to be our #1 WR I dont see him taking on that role with us.

Monksdown 03-21-2005 10:28 PM

Forgive me if i appear incoherent. Ive had too much to drink like Malcom in the middle on St Pat's day(I'm sure you know of whom I speak) But damn it guys, watch the games some times. When did you ever see Gregg Williams with a 3-4. You and your damn Baltimore pipe dreams.

If you want 3-4, move to baltimore. Thats my new rap. Our defense is complex, not only to confuse opposing offenses, but to confuse us as well. If you dont understand the complexity of a bear defense. Im referring to the Centerfield safety configuration, not the team, then dont make comments, like, lets have a 3-4 defense. This isnt the 80's anymore. Defense's have progressed beyond 2 types. It may seem difficult, but allow me to time capsule your 3-4 comments for you, and show them to you in 10 years, when everyone on ESPN has explained a bear defense to you. Because it may take 10 years for the new defensive schemes in the nfl to permiate your thick, high school level defensive minds.

There are intelligent people getting paid a year more than you'll make in a lifetime, to figure out how to take advantage of conventional defenses. Step up to the plate, and expand a little.

It's not a mystery why our defense (filled with previous underachievers) excelled against the West Coast Offenses(choke, choke, somebody blow the fucking dust off).

Absolutely no insult intended to those that may take insult. But is anyone out there on the same page?

Monksdown 03-21-2005 10:29 PM

Brown is our new kick and punt returner.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-21-2005 11:27 PM

[QUOTE=Monksdown]Forgive me if i appear incoherent. Ive had too much to drink like Malcom in the middle on St Pat's day(I'm sure you know of whom I speak) But damn it guys, watch the games some times. When did you ever see Gregg Williams with a 3-4. You and your damn Baltimore pipe dreams.

If you want 3-4, move to baltimore. Thats my new rap. Our defense is complex, not only to confuse opposing offenses, but to confuse us as well. If you dont understand the complexity of a bear defense. Im referring to the Centerfield safety configuration, not the team, then dont make comments, like, lets have a 3-4 defense. This isnt the 80's anymore. Defense's have progressed beyond 2 types. It may seem difficult, but allow me to time capsule your 3-4 comments for you, and show them to you in 10 years, when everyone on ESPN has explained a bear defense to you. Because it may take 10 years for the new defensive schemes in the nfl to permiate your thick, high school level defensive minds.

There are intelligent people getting paid a year more than you'll make in a lifetime, to figure out how to take advantage of conventional defenses. Step up to the plate, and expand a little.

It's not a mystery why our defense (filled with previous underachievers) excelled against the West Coast Offenses(choke, choke, somebody blow the fucking dust off).

Absolutely no insult intended to those that may take insult. But is anyone out there on the same page?[/QUOTE]

LOL, Hey, leave me and my booze out of this! It did NOTHING to you! LOL
I just like to celebrate culture. If you look at the Warpath Picture Gallery (link in my info), you can see me celebrating Mexican culture the SECOND I got off the plane.

Good job though man. You're taking a page from my book. Getting drunk on a Monday.

drew54 03-21-2005 11:55 PM

[QUOTE=angryssg]But with the addition of Moss along with Thrash, Brown, and Scott, why not take the hit to free up a roster spot for a position that we need more depth at? We have a pretty deep Running back corps. with Portis, Betts, and Cartwright.

Not disagreeing with you, just adding some food for thought.[/QUOTE]

Haven't you had your fill on cap hits for one decade?

I know I have.

[SIZE=7] :frusty:[/SIZE]

That Guy 03-22-2005 12:26 AM

brown, morton, moss, thrash, simon, betts, scott... how many returners do we need?

Daseal 03-22-2005 12:36 AM

Moss is a WR, leave him as one. Thrash isn't a good return man. I like him on special teams, but not as a returner. Same goes for Betts, though he's a better option than Thrash. Scott is practice squad at best.

It doesn't matter who we have returning kicks till we figure out how to block for them.

Daseal 03-22-2005 12:37 AM

I'm also curious how many of you guys were calling for him to be cut when he had a critical fumble. Perhaps you should give a player time before passing judgement. (Talking about Brown)

davy 03-22-2005 12:41 AM

[QUOTE=That Guy]brown, morton, moss, thrash, simon, betts, scott... how many returners do we need?[/QUOTE]

Ideally just one kick returner for one kick off per game and lots of punt returners to share the workload. :)