Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   90% of Skins at voluntary workout: Who do you think wasn't there? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=5503)

redwagonskins 03-22-2005 12:08 AM

90% of Skins at voluntary workout: Who do you think wasn't there?

This is where the rubber meets the road in terms of guys being true Redskins. I was wondering which players guys thought wouldn't bother showing up.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-22-2005 12:13 AM

Re: 90% of Skins at voluntary workout: Who do you think wasn't there?

Hasselbeck. He was boning his wife. Sex is good aerobic workout. Ade Jimoh couldn't make it because if he got any stronger and faster, the rules of football would have to be changed to accomodate him.

Daseal 03-22-2005 12:18 AM

Probably guys like Raymer, Gardner, anyone injured/know they won't play.

SmootSmack 03-22-2005 12:19 AM

people who weren't under contract, like Clemons before Monday

diehardskin2982 03-22-2005 12:28 AM

all mentioned above and Arrington if he is not back from his honeymoon

Daseal 03-22-2005 12:34 AM

Arrington not there? What a great team leader he is! :rolleyes:

offiss 03-22-2005 02:15 AM

[QUOTE=Daseal]Arrington not there? What a great team leader he is! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

:laughing2 ut oh!

John Hasbrouck 03-22-2005 03:35 AM

The way it read is the NFL Europe players,Hasselbeck who's wife is exspecting any day and Gardner- who is seeking a trade where not there.

Redskins8588 03-22-2005 03:39 AM

I want to know who ran the workout? Isn't Gibbs in Hawii(SP) for league meetings?

BrudLee 03-22-2005 06:23 AM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]Hasselbeck. He was boning his wife. Sex is good aerobic workout. Ade Jimoh couldn't make it because if he got any stronger and faster, the rules of football would have to be changed to accomodate him.[/QUOTE]
hasselbeck's wife is, like, eleven months pregnant. Not that that means he can't bone her, it just means I don't want to think about it.

Gmanc711 03-22-2005 07:08 AM

[QUOTE=BrudLee]hasselbeck's wife is, like, eleven months pregnant. Not that that means he can't bone her, it just means I don't want to think about it.[/QUOTE]

11 Months. Damn that would be a huge baby. We should start negotiations to sign that kid before he exits the womb.

jbcjr14 03-22-2005 08:24 AM

What I take from this article is the Clinton Portis was in the house and taking a leadership role this early in the season. Hopefully everyone can stay healthy and the skins can come out firing early and often in 2005.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-22-2005 08:26 AM

[QUOTE=BrudLee]hasselbeck's wife is, like, eleven months pregnant. Not that that means he can't bone her, it just means I don't want to think about it.[/QUOTE]

I was unaware of that...:laughing2I too, do not want to think about it...

Gmanc711 03-22-2005 08:27 AM

[QUOTE=jbcjr14]What I take from this article is the Clinton Portis was in the house and taking a leadership role this early in the season. Hopefully everyone can stay healthy and the skins can come out firing early and often in 2005.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad that Portis (I think) is taking more of a vocal leadership role. I think (from what i've heard) we have some good locker room type leaders in guys like Jansen and some of the linemen, but they are very quiet. I'm not saying I want a sh*t-talker, but I would really like to see someone take a more vocal leadership role. I think Portis could fit that role.

PSUSkinsFan21 03-22-2005 08:28 AM

[QUOTE=Daseal]Arrington not there? What a great team leader he is! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Wait a minute.......do you actually [u]know[/u] that Arrington wasn't there? Or are you going off of speculation when someone else said: "all mentioned above and Arrington [i]if[/i] he is not back from his honeymoon".
Let's not cast stones before we know the facts please. After all, the question in this thread is "Who do you [i][u]think[/u][/i] wasn't there?"

MTK 03-22-2005 08:34 AM

The missing 10% were most likely guys who were excused for legit reasons, and guys who are unlikely to be back (Gardner).

As for Hasselbeck, we could try to be a little more respectful, don't you think?

TheMalcolmConnection 03-22-2005 08:44 AM

My fault. I just like ol' Hasselbeck and it's a general consensus that we find his wife extremely hot. Didn't know she was pregnant though, therefore I withdraw my previous statements.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-22-2005 08:48 AM

Except for the ones about Jimoh... ;)

backrow 03-22-2005 09:06 AM

Jimoh wasn't!

Ade Jimoh was busy re-inflating his head and ego!

Personnally, I think he spends way too much time talking in here!

Skinsfanforlife 03-22-2005 09:08 AM

[QUOTE=diehardskin2982]all mentioned above and Arrington if he is not back from his honeymoon[/QUOTE]

LAVAR GOT MARRIED? WHAT IS HE THINKING

That Guy 03-22-2005 09:48 AM

[QUOTE=Skinsfanforlife]LAVAR GOT MARRIED? WHAT IS HE THINKING[/QUOTE]

that he really doesn't need half of his stuff anymore ;)

BDBohnzie 03-22-2005 10:04 AM

if LaVar didn't get a pre-nup, he wasted whatever it is he learned at Penn State...

That Guy 03-22-2005 10:04 AM

i thought football players went to college to get paid ;)

Drift Reality 03-22-2005 10:05 AM

Learned? I'm sure he studied a lot at Penn State...

BDBohnzie 03-22-2005 10:12 AM

if by studying you mean partying, women, and tutors doing your homework...

PSUSkinsFan21 03-22-2005 10:27 AM

[QUOTE=BDBohnzie]if by studying you mean partying, women, and tutors doing your homework...[/QUOTE]

I suppose unless you've actually gone to PSU or know half as much as those of us who did go about Paterno's views on college football and what his players' first priority is, ignorant and asinine comments like that are easy to make.
Find me just one PSU Football grad, or for that matter a single NCAA investigation, or even graduation rate statistics to support your comments and I might look at them in some other light.

JoeRedskin 03-22-2005 10:34 AM

[QUOTE=PSUSkinsFan21]I suppose unless you've actually gone to PSU or know half as much as those of us who did go about Paterno's views on college football and what his players' first priority is, ignorant and asinine comments like that are easy to make.
Find me just one PSU Football grad, or for that matter a single NCAA investigation, or even graduation rate statistics to support your comments and I might look at them in some other light.[/QUOTE]

Whoa there PSU. Think people were just poking fun at college athletics in general. I am pretty sure no one was slamming Penn State or Paterno - just a little light hearted ribbing. No need to get bent out of shape.

PSUSkinsFan21 03-22-2005 10:57 AM

[QUOTE=JoeRedskin]Whoa there PSU. Think people were just poking fun at college athletics in general. I am pretty sure no one was slamming Penn State or Paterno - just a little light hearted ribbing. No need to get bent out of shape.[/QUOTE]

Understood. Sorry if the backlash was too harsh. General joking about college athletics I can appreciate, but I take it personally when it comes at the expense of one of the cleanest programs in college sports. I just think it's ironic that the jokes are being made about a PSU player when I'm sure we have some FSU and Miami players on our team that would be more fitting targets.
I mean come on, LaVar's favorite way to pass time is playing Chess for goodness sake. LOL

Daseal 03-22-2005 11:29 AM

Sorry PSUSkinsFan - If you're a star, doesn't matter where you go. Academic standards are relaxed for you, with the possible exception of Notre Dame (who can't land a star anymore so that's not a problem.) These kids don't go to college for the degree, they go to play in the NFL. I'm one that thinks the NCAA should pay them. Or at least give them a decent amount of spending money every month. They can't get a job because they're playing sports, and some of them don't have the resources to help them buy food, clothes, etc. So they get an education that most of the time they can skip classes and get a diploma that means shit. Bleh!

PSUSkinsFan - I'm not ripping PSU, but I'm sure they have more than their share of NCAA violations. Every school does. Especially when trying to recruit a winning football team. Every college does.

That Guy 03-22-2005 11:30 AM

[url=http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=sarcasm]Sarcasm[/url]

SKINSnCANES 03-22-2005 11:51 AM

I wonder if Portis and Taylor were there. I know last week they were definitly at UM working out, but that doesnt mean they didnt fly back. Last year Portis went to the voluntary workouts, which says a lot for anyone from the U. Im sure Taylor will follow whatever Portis does. Either way I think everyone that is goiogn to be on the team was at the workouts, Gibbs seems to really be instilling a new attitude.

Daseal 03-22-2005 11:57 AM

Gibbs basicly said don't come to the involuntary workouts, don't come for the season. I bet they were there.

Gmanc711 03-22-2005 11:58 AM

I heard talk about how excited Portis was and everything; and how he was taking a bigger role, so Im assuming he is there. I also heard a rumor that Taylor is working on a new contract (already?); so it'd be pretty dumb of him not to go.

That Guy 03-22-2005 12:12 PM

taylor cant open negoitiations officially until aug 1st. Portis WAS at the first workout day, they wrote up a paragraph on how happy he was to be there early and all that.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-22-2005 01:17 PM

Maybe Portis can put on a little more beef. I don't want to lose a lot of speed, I'd just love to see him bulk up a bit.

John Hasbrouck 03-22-2005 01:51 PM

Portis sure could fit the role as a vocal leader.People who live in glass tee-pees should not throw footballs.

SkinsRock 03-22-2005 02:17 PM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]Maybe Portis can put on a little more beef. I don't want to lose a lot of speed, I'd just love to see him bulk up a bit.[/QUOTE]
I agree. A little bulk to break tackles better would more than make up for any [I]slight [/I] loss of speed. The fact that he is there and is vocal shows that he is committed to the team....and also, considering that he seems to have a very good relationship with Gibbs (calling him from wherever about Moss, etc), perhaps thetwo of them have talked about him doing just that (putting on a little more beef).

offiss 03-22-2005 02:24 PM

[QUOTE=That Guy]that he really doesn't need half of his stuff anymore ;)[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's his wife who's pushing for the extra 6.5 mil? :laughing2

TheMalcolmConnection 03-22-2005 03:33 PM

I bet Portis and Gibbs sip Crys'.

PSUSkinsFan21 03-22-2005 05:32 PM

[QUOTE=Daseal]Sorry PSUSkinsFan - If you're a star, doesn't matter where you go. Academic standards are relaxed for you, with the possible exception of Notre Dame (who can't land a star anymore so that's not a problem.) These kids don't go to college for the degree, they go to play in the NFL. I'm one that thinks the NCAA should pay them. Or at least give them a decent amount of spending money every month. They can't get a job because they're playing sports, and some of them don't have the resources to help them buy food, clothes, etc. So they get an education that most of the time they can skip classes and get a diploma that means shit. Bleh!

PSUSkinsFan - I'm not ripping PSU, but I'm sure they have more than their share of NCAA violations. Every school does. Especially when trying to recruit a winning football team. Every college does.[/QUOTE]

Again, show me facts or don't bother going there with me on this one. I challenge you to find any NCAA violations on JoePa's team regarding academics. I'm not interested in arguing in the abstract here. Give me facts or accept that you know not of that which you speak.