Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mid Season Report: NFL (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=55095)

Chico23231 11-06-2013 09:22 AM

Mid Season Report: NFL

Thoughts on the first half...what surprised you? Who is playing well? Teams to watch in the second half for the playoff run? Biggest story? MVP?

So far Andy Reid is Coach of the Year, I know they were going to be decent, but this is redic

MVP: Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, Jimmy Graham, Drew Brees?

Biggest disappointment: Baltimore, they look horrible

Quiet ballers: Cincy, Carolina. Carolina has their biggest game in years this weekend vs SF.

Ill say this, KC is undefeated, but they not going to the Super Bowl.

I think the most intriguing story the second half will be the NFC North race with both Cutler and now Rodgers injuried. If Trestman wins the division, I think he enters the discussion of coach of the year, I right now Im leaning towards the Bears as the team to beat.

Thoughts? Discussion?

Lotus 11-06-2013 09:25 AM

Re: Mid Season Report: NFL

[quote=Chico23231;1038894]Thoughts on the first half...what surprised you? Who is playing well? Teams to watch in the second half for the playoff run? Biggest story? MVP?

So far Andy Reid is Coach of the Year, I know they were going to be decent, but this is redic

Quiet ballers: Cincy, Carolina. Carolina has their biggest game in years this weekend vs SF.

I think the most intriguing story the second half will be the NFC North race with both Cutler and now Rodgers injuried. If Trestman wins the division, I think he enters the discussion of coach of the year, I right now Im leaning towards the Bears as the team to beat.

Thoughts? Discussion?[/quote]

I might take Atlanta as the biggest disappointment. It's true that the Ravens look bad but post-championship hangovers are not unheard of. Atlanta was supposed to compete for the crown this year.

And don't count out the Lions in the NFC North.

donofriose 11-06-2013 09:35 AM

MVP: Peyton Manning. Drew Brees is second. If Peyton Manning wasn't on pace to throw 50 plus TD's we would be talking about Drew Brees and his video game like numbers.

Biggest Disappointment: Atlanta and Houston. Washington/Baltimore would be next.
Houston has a great defense but their offense is horrible (specifically Matt Schaub). They looked they were turning it around 2 nights ago and then their coach collapses.
Atlanta obviously lost both their starting receivers. Matt Ryan has played terribly.

Biggest Surprise: Obviously Kansas City. That Defense can travel and play well against anyone. Starting to think they will make it to at least the AFC Championship game just because of their pass rush and mistake free football (similar to Alex Smith when the 49ers made it to the NFC Championship Game).
Also surprise is Tony Romo. He is on pace to throw about 8 or 9 interceptions and 36 touchdown passes.

I think the Lions win the NFC North. They have Pitt, Philly, Tampa, Baltimore and NYG left on their schedule. I see at least 4 wins for them just based on those games. They also will be playing the Bears next week and Jay Cutler probably won't start. They will also be playing the Packers when they will not have the services of Aaron Rogers unless he makes a miracle comeback. So the schedule lines up very nicely for the Lions.

spAtt 11-06-2013 09:37 AM

[quote=Lotus;1038895]I might take Atlanta as the biggest disappointment. It's true that the Ravens look bad but post-championship hangovers are not unheard of. Atlanta was supposed to compete for the crown this year.

And don't count out the Lions in the NFC North.[/quote]

Ya I agree about Atlanta I was worried at the beginning of the season going to that game. But now I am kinda excited. Hope to see a great show of Redskins fans there.

TheMalcolmConnection 11-06-2013 10:01 AM

Baltimore doesn't surprise me too much since they weren't that great last year and just went on a run in the playoffs. Sure, the Giants did it the two years they went, but I still don't think Baltimore was anywhere near as good as they played in the playoffs.

Chico23231 11-06-2013 10:08 AM

The team that didnt surprise me was Houston...I just didnt have a good feeling about them going into the season. Schaub is done, but he showed signs last year.

skinsfaninok 11-06-2013 10:33 AM

MVP MANNING

Biggest surprise KC
Biggest Disappointment ATL

BDBohnzie 11-06-2013 10:34 AM

Coach of the Year: Andy Reid for sure. They could lose the rest of their games and he'd still be a candidate.

MVP: Peyton. Everyone else is a distant second. I'd throw Matt Stafford into that race with a NFC North win, but Peyton would have to fall off the earth for anyone else to win it.

Biggest disappointment: Minny. 10-6 in the playoffs to 1-7 and sinking faster than the Titanic. Throwing Josh Freeman into the mix was disasterous. Ponder and Cassel may not have been the answer, but no use in giving a guy a week to prepare. Can't see Frazier coming back next year.

Quiet ballers: Tennessee. Sitting 4-4, 2 games behind Indy. They still face Jacksonville twice, Houston once. If they can steal a game or sweep Indy, that could go a long way into winning this weak division.

I agree with the NFC North being the top story of the 2nd half. All 3 teams 2-1 in the division, gonna be a horse race. I have the Lions with the edge. They may have the easiest schedule of the 3, and have the talent to make a run.

skinsfaninok 11-06-2013 10:36 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1038894]Thoughts on the first half...what surprised you? Who is playing well? Teams to watch in the second half for the playoff run? Biggest story? MVP?

Panthers have really surprised , didn't they start 0-3?

Ravens not a shock, Flacco is what he is and they lost a ton of players.

Lions win the north at 11-5 due to AR going down.

2 teams from north will get in, I'd say CHI AND DET

2 FROM NFCW SEA AND SF

1 FROM EAST - 3 TEAM RACE

1 FROM SOUTH - N.O

Monkeydad 11-06-2013 11:07 AM

Who would you consider to be loud ballers? :D

KC is undefeated and they deserve every W in their win column but they're not as strong as their record. Arrowhead has traditionally been a tough place to win...even moreso than Seattle's sound tunnel over a longer period of time, so they need to finish ahead of Denver to have a shot at the Super Bowl. I think they'll lose some road games before the end of the year, namely the one in Denver.

[U]Stud teams:[/U]
Denver, KC, New Orleans, Colts

[U]Dud teams (expected to be at least decent and never showed up)[/U]:
Atlanta, Philly, NJ Giants, Houston, Pittsburgh, Baltimore

[U]On the rise:[/U]
Redskins, Browns (yes, I said Browns), Panthers, Lions (due to death of other division teams)

[U]Falling:[/U]
Dallas, Chicago, GB without Aaron

[U]Most overrated team:[/U]
Seattle

[U]Surprise team:[/U]
NJ Jets

MVP: Peyton Manning
Toilet Bowl Award (career swirling down): Eli Manning
Please Go Award: Matt Schaub

Coach of Year: Andy Reid

Rookie of Year: Kiki Alonso
Rookie Bust: Tavon Austin

Bucket 11-06-2013 12:34 PM

PFF has Kory and Polumbus on their all pro teams, but snubbed D Hall for Prince... lmao That site is garbage.

Bucket 11-06-2013 01:32 PM

Breakdown on Hankerson vs the Chargers.

[url=http://www.hogshaven.com/2013/11/6/5071662/hazards-huddle-leonard-hankerson-vs-san-diego-chargers]Hazard's Huddle: Leonard Hankerson vs. San Diego Chargers - Hogs Haven[/url]

Monkeydad 11-06-2013 01:34 PM

D Hall is challenging for DPOY.

The Goat 11-06-2013 02:14 PM

My biggest surprise is New Orleans not being undefeated actually.

Love seeing Andy Reid and a good group of guys in KC having success. They're my SB fav from AFC.

skinsguy 11-06-2013 03:03 PM

Biggest Disappointment: Atlanta / Washington (so far)
MVP: Peyton Manning / Drew Brees
Quiet Ballers: Carolina Panthers
Coach of the year: Andy Reid

Not so big surprise: The Ravens - I knew their season would go down the toilet after losing so many good players during the offseason

How will the season end? Carolina finds a way into the post season, The Chiefs get knocked out of the playoffs during the divisional round, Seattle gets into the NFC Championship game against the 49ers.

Super Bowl predictions? San Fran VS Denver