Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Gardner and Brown (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=5534)

Monksdown 03-23-2005 01:05 PM

Re: Gardner and Brown

You said it Boss. Matty, Tafkas, can we get an identity check on this one?

celts32 03-23-2005 01:13 PM

I am still amazed atthe thought of the Redskins getting a 3rd rounder for Gardner. Where do I drive him? I never would have thought the Redskins would get anything above a #4. What film were these GM's watching? Did they pull out the Clemson tape again and ignore his Redskins years?

redskinsskickazz 03-23-2005 01:26 PM

[QUOTE=tallestskinsfanever]:lol:

I dont want him to come now. He is acting like he just had a pro-bowl season.[/QUOTE]

he's not acting like anything he's just keeping his options open like any smart person would. you cant blame him for that. if he signs elswhere then it was in his opinion his best option i for one will harber no ill will and i certainly wont wish him a few more injury riddled seasons like someone had alluded to earlier in the thread. he was released by his team therefore has no loyalty to anyone. hence the term free agent.

ST21 03-23-2005 01:36 PM

he was suppose to make a choice, this monday...even after he said, I mull over the weekend and get back with you....we don't need to wait on him....under our system, he can rotate in and out, not rushing back in and gettin hurt again, but if he moves on.. then whatever happens for him here on out.......see ya

Daseal 03-23-2005 01:43 PM

Celts, you can pick up his SUV at FedEx - he likes to leave it there...

PSUSkinsFan21 03-23-2005 01:44 PM

[QUOTE=celts32]I am still amazed atthe thought of the Redskins getting a 3rd rounder for Gardner. Where do I drive him? I never would have thought the Redskins would get anything above a #4. What film were these GM's watching? Did they pull out the Clemson tape again and ignore his Redskins years?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely agree. I was surprised to hear that teams were willing to part with a 3rd rounder. Especially considering there are some really good prospects at WR in this year's draft that are looking to go in the 3rd round.
Perhaps the most ironic part of all this is that the Seahawks look to be the ones most interested. The Seahawks have the worst WR corp in the NFL at dropping balls thrown right between the numbers. It's painful to watch. Do they somehow think Gardner would improve that problem? LOL

Daseal 03-23-2005 01:46 PM

I was thinking of the irony too. D. Jackson and K Robinson are good receivers though. Just have the dropsies~

PSUSkinsFan21 03-23-2005 01:49 PM

[QUOTE=Daseal]I was thinking of the irony too. D. Jackson and K Robinson are good receivers though. Just have the dropsies~[/QUOTE]

No doubt. Infinite potential. Just lose concentration too often. Sounds like another WR we all know.

JoeRedskin 03-23-2005 02:08 PM

[QUOTE=Daseal]I was thinking of the irony too. D. Jackson and K Robinson are good receivers though. Just have the dropsies~[/QUOTE]

Huh? Sorry, lost me on the they are good receivers but drop the ball bit.

I thought good receivers CAUGHT the ball.

I can just see it: "Well, he did dropped 15 balls but, hey, he ran a damn fine pattern each time and was wide open. Now that's one heck of a receiver."

e16bball 03-23-2005 02:47 PM

[QUOTE=JoeRedskin]Huh? Sorry, lost me on the they are good receivers but drop the ball bit.

I thought good receivers CAUGHT the ball.

I can just see it: "Well, he did dropped 15 balls but, hey, he ran a damn fine pattern each time and was wide open. Now that's one heck of a receiver."[/QUOTE]

I think he was referring to the fact that they both, especially Jackson, put up good numbers even with the drops. Imagine how good they would be if they caught it every time.

MTK 03-23-2005 03:05 PM

Is there a 3rd round rookie WR that can step right in and be a solid starting #2? Maybe but it's pretty doubtful.

Plus teams are looking at Rod's potential, and maybe that one 1000 yard season that Rod supporters like to always point to. ;)

A 3rd round pick is pretty fair compensation IMO.

dirtbag2112 03-23-2005 03:43 PM

Most people seem to remember the bad more then they do the good. I think RG is definately worth a 3rd.

Monksdown 03-23-2005 03:45 PM

Matty, i dont see how you would promote any rookie 3rd rounder above patten, moss, thrash, or jacobs. Hell, jacobs was a third wasnt he. Combine that with his time in, he gets the nod.

gibbsisgod 03-23-2005 03:50 PM

[QUOTE=Daseal]I was thinking of the irony too. D. Jackson and K Robinson are good receivers though. Just have the dropsies~[/QUOTE]I DONT UNDERSTAND THIS EITHER . why would you trade for a guy that cant catch when that was their downfall also

81forHOF 03-23-2005 05:23 PM

One of the only ways the redskins could screw up an otherwise good off-season is to sign a player like Brown. Every year we make a big free agency splash, and I admit it does keep the off-season interesting, and every year we still suck! What they have done is pushed themselves into a position to finally make good decisions by making so many bad ones in the past (talking about the cap situation). So far this year we have added a solid, versatile o-lineman, a playmaking wr who came from an organzation that knows how to win and a back-up safety with starting experience who also happens to be a special teams playmaker. All three are solid, blue collar type players who can contribute without also bringing a high price tag. This is exactly what it takes to win in this league (see Patriots). Courtney Brown has never done ANYTHING! Everyone is just getting excited about his name! Signing people for their name does not seem to work for us (see George, Sanders, Trotter, Brunell, etc... the list goes on and on!). So please don't give big money to any overrated free agents.

The other way the redskins can screw this year up is if the decide to trade their draftpicks away again like the morons have done the last couple of years!