Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Gardner and Brown (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=5534)

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 03-23-2005 05:51 PM

Re: Gardner and Brown

I don't think the Brown signing would be so bad, provided the contract is centered around incentives (which WP has reported is the case). If he stinks, no skin off our backs. If he lights it up, he gets the money he wants.

monk81 03-23-2005 06:20 PM

[QUOTE=celts32]I am still amazed atthe thought of the Redskins getting a 3rd rounder for Gardner. Where do I drive him? I never would have thought the Redskins would get anything above a #4. What film were these GM's watching? Did they pull out the Clemson tape again and ignore his Redskins years?[/QUOTE]

Me too celts32.......let's grab that 3rd round pick and run...........imagine a third rounder for a guy that views a football as a hot potato........
Get directions and go pick the guy up and driven him to his new team........

Longtimefan 03-23-2005 07:34 PM

Brown will end up being Denver's new found version of Darrell Gardner. This guy is looking for a deal he's unlikely to get. I think with him it's all about money so maybe it's best he does go to Denver.

Champ made him do it!!!

diehardskin2982 03-24-2005 01:12 AM

courtney has alot to prove, he was the 1st pick in his draft class and hasn't lived up to the hype or pay that comes with that.
With the Skins he will do that and more, I just hope he can realize that.

That Guy 03-24-2005 02:36 AM

taylor jacobs was a 2nd rounder that was slated (by the skins scouts if no one elsse) as 1sst round talent.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-24-2005 08:27 AM

The decision is being made today. I would be pissed I was Brown and the Broncos were like, "Yeah, he wants to come play here."

AndySkinUK 03-24-2005 09:42 AM

I hope he signs for Denver or Jacksonville.

I dont like the way he has been conducting this tour like he is the 2nd coming of Reggie White. He was good in college but has done nothing in the Pro's. Unless we sign him to a league minimum with incentives i don't want him.

Daseal 03-24-2005 09:44 AM

That Guy: Taylor Jacobs was a first round draft pick before the combine where he had the flu and put up a slow 40 time. He has great hands and speed. He's a good receiver, now I just hope he gets some playtime this year!

AndySkinUK 03-24-2005 09:48 AM

[QUOTE=Daseal]That Guy: Taylor Jacobs was a first round draft pick before the combine where he had the flu and put up a slow 40 time. He has great hands and speed. He's a good receiver, now I just hope he gets some playtime this year![/QUOTE]

Yeah i agree completely. With Moss, Patten, Jacobs, Thrash we would have a good 'group' of WRs and that wouldnt allow teams to concentrate just on one guy. Kind of like what the Pats have, and they've done ok over the last few years.

Throw in Cooley as well and improved line play with the return of Jansen and addition of Rabach so better protection for P-Ram and we should be set.

Daseal 03-24-2005 10:09 AM

[quote]I dont like the way he has been conducting this tour like he is the 2nd coming of Reggie White.[/quote]

Do you expect him to not look around to get the best possible deal for himself? He's trying to make money, if every player just said I want to play for the Redskins, pay me the minimum, it may be nice. That's not the case.

SKINSnCANES 03-24-2005 11:47 AM

[QUOTE=diehardskin2982]courtney has alot to prove, he was the 1st pick in his draft class and hasn't lived up to the hype or pay that comes with that.
With the Skins he will do that and more, I just hope he can realize that.[/QUOTE]

Dan Wilkinson, KiJana Carter, Jeff George, and Bruce Smith all came to washington as former number overall picks...that didnt work out to well.

I do hope we get brown and that he turns his career around, mabye being in a rotation is what he needs.

JoeRedskin 03-24-2005 12:16 PM

I just wish the guy would make up his mind so we could get on with our lives.

Oh wait... this IS our lives.

PSUSkinsFan21 03-24-2005 01:57 PM

[QUOTE=AndySkinUK]I hope he signs for Denver or Jacksonville.

I dont like the way he has been conducting this tour like he is the 2nd coming of Reggie White. He was good in college but has done nothing in the Pro's. Unless we sign him to a league minimum with incentives i don't want him.[/QUOTE]

....by taking a few weeks to consider his options before making a fairly significant, life-changing decision? Not sure I understand what you would have him do differently? Isn't it every free agent's right to test the market and find the best situation possible? If I'm a free agent and 4 interested teams call me and ask me to visit them, I'm at least going to hear them out and consider their offers.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-24-2005 02:01 PM

Most definitely. We seem to forget that most of these people have families that are uprooted every time they move. We have to remember that the town has to be right as WELL as the team.

AndySkinUK 03-24-2005 05:20 PM

That would be fair enough if he hadn't already said that he would be signing for either Denver or Washington and making a decision over the weekend.

Yet here we are 3 days later and still no decision, plus he has also visited to Jacksonville and Seattle.

He shouldn't have imposed a deadline if he wasn't going to stick to it.