Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Gruden Says Start Cousins (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/55438-gruden-says-start-cousins.html)

Gary84Clark 11-29-2013 10:56 AM

Gruden Says Start Cousins

[url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/11/27/gruden-give-cousins-a-shot-before-season-ends/]Gruden: Give Cousins a shot before season ends[/url]

mbedner3420 11-29-2013 11:11 AM

Re: Gruden Says Start Cousins

what point would that serve? Griffin is still the future.

Bucket 11-29-2013 11:37 AM

And people want this guys as a Head Coach? lol

Fiversons 11-29-2013 11:38 AM

You think it's a circus in Washington now, start Kirk Cousins and see what happens... You don't play Cousins unless RGIII is hurt, period...

Daseal 11-29-2013 11:39 AM

[quote=mbedner3420;1044569]what point would that serve? Griffin is still the future.[/quote]

Gives us a chance to bolster Cousin's value. Additionally, keeps RG3 healthy going into the offseason and he can have a full, healthy, offseason to continue learning and evolving while potentially giving us another reasonable draft pick to help build the team. What point does playing Griffin who is getting hit constantly on a recently reconstructed knee serving? The question can be posed two ways.

I'm not sure how I feel about the situation myself, but I understand why many people are making the argument.

Bucket 11-29-2013 11:40 AM

"Luckily, the situation in Ashburn is calm enough that the team could make such a move without causing any ripples."

LMAOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOL

Sorry one second.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I cant believe I read that.

Yeah fucking right. It's calm alright.

Paintrain 11-29-2013 11:42 AM

From a guy who is broadcasting PRIMARILY because he couldn't successfully find a QB. Tell me again why people are so infatuated with this guy as a coach?

mbedner3420 11-29-2013 11:54 AM

[quote=Daseal;1044572]Gives us a chance to bolster Cousin's value. Additionally, keeps RG3 healthy going into the offseason and he can have a full, healthy, offseason to continue learning and evolving while potentially giving us another reasonable draft pick to help build the team. What point does playing Griffin who is getting hit constantly on a recently reconstructed knee serving? The question can be posed two ways.

I'm not sure how I feel about the situation myself, but I understand why many people are making the argument.[/quote]

How would that help his value? Kirk would be quarterbacking a shitty team. That would only hurt his value the more we play him and invariably lose. I'd rather give RG3 more time to grow and develop. Plus, it could destroy his confidence if we pull him. The reward is not worth the risk.

Chico23231 11-29-2013 11:58 AM

When he defended Tebow and praised him, thats when I realized he had fully crossed over to the media side of football. He's in the "grain of salt" category of the media

NC_Skins 11-29-2013 12:23 PM

Shit thread. Lock and ban.

SmootSmack 11-29-2013 12:25 PM

Lot of things I could say here, but I won't. Enjoy the holiday weekend

skinsfan69 11-29-2013 12:41 PM

[quote=Daseal;1044572]Gives us a chance to bolster Cousin's value. Additionally, keeps RG3 healthy going into the offseason and he can have a full, healthy, offseason to continue learning and evolving while potentially giving us another reasonable draft pick to help build the team. What point does playing Griffin who is getting hit constantly on a recently reconstructed knee serving? The question can be posed two ways.

I'm not sure how I feel about the situation myself, but I understand why many people are making the argument.[/quote]

See I don't get the " well it bolsters Cousins trade value" comments. If the guy starts and runs the offense, gets the ball out quicker, sees the field, sees the blitzes, throws accurate passes....basically does everything RG3 isn't doing, or doing on a consistent basis....then why would you trade him?

I think if RG3 comes out Sun and plays like he has the last two weeks then you have to sit him down. I don't care about draft status, ego, politics and all that BS. At that point you have to do what you can to win a game.

Chico23231 11-29-2013 12:51 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;1044579]Lot of things I could say here, but I won't. Enjoy the holiday weekend[/quote]

Come'on, its black friday, bring the smackdown!

Only way to play Cousins is if RG3 is injuried. RG3 needs to play to gain more experience as a pocket passer.

I think someone said it a couple weeks ago and it was a good point, only thing playing Cousins does is diminsh his trade value.

Mattyk 11-29-2013 01:01 PM

Griffin needs the reps. Cousins needs to stay on the bench.

Gary84Clark 11-29-2013 01:30 PM

Griffin needsto play. He was palying one of the best defenses in the NFL. Griffin brought a knife to a gun fight.