Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Around the NFL week 14 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=55538)

DynamiteRave 12-06-2013 12:30 PM

Re: Around the NFL week 14

Its funny they were ready to drive Schaub out of town and the Case Keenum experiment has totally fallen flat on its face. Hopefully the Texans are looking at drafting a QB. They are hurting for one real bad.

calia 12-06-2013 12:31 PM

I wonder how long it will be before someone suggests Kubiak for OC. (Ooops -- did I just do that?) Seriously, you have to feel for the guy -- with the health issue he had this season, Schaub's unexpected implosion, and losing Foster early on in the season, the guy has to feel jinxed.

MTK 12-06-2013 12:34 PM

[quote=calia;1046271]I wonder how long it will be before someone suggests Kubiak for OC. (Ooops -- did I just do that?) Seriously, you have to feel for the guy -- with the health issue he had this season, Schaub's unexpected implosion, and losing Foster early on in the season, the guy has to feel jinxed.[/quote]

A lot of what if's here obviously, but if Kyle left and Mike stays, you would have to think Kubiak could be a possibility.

skinsguy 12-06-2013 12:34 PM

[quote=Mattyk;1046265]I wonder if Houston would give Kyle a call after the season?[/quote]

That could very well be a possibility!

skinsguy 12-06-2013 12:35 PM

[quote=Mattyk;1046272]A lot of what if's here obviously, but if Kyle left and Mike stays, you would have to think Kubiak could be a possibility.[/quote]

I wouldn't see any problem with that at all.

CrustyRedskin 12-06-2013 12:43 PM

[quote=Mattyk;1046265]I wonder if Houston would give Kyle a call after the season?[/quote]

They wouldn't if they read this site.

SirLK26 12-06-2013 12:45 PM

Kubiak would be my last choice as OC.

Ruhskins 12-06-2013 12:46 PM

Looks like Indy's trade for Richardson is blowing up in their face:

[url=http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10084115/trent-richardson-indianapolis-colts-humbled-demotion]Trent Richardson of Indianapolis Colts humbled by demotion - ESPN[/url]

DynamiteRave 12-06-2013 12:52 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;1046278]Looks like Indy's trade for Richardson is blowing up in their face:

[URL="http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10084115/trent-richardson-indianapolis-colts-humbled-demotion"]Trent Richardson of Indianapolis Colts humbled by demotion - ESPN[/URL][/quote]

Richardson better bounce back next year or he's gonna get those "bust" talks brewing.

skinsguy 12-06-2013 12:52 PM

[quote=SirLK26;1046277]Kubiak would be my last choice as OC.[/quote]

Why is that?

"[I]In his 11 seasons with the team, the Broncos amassed 66,501 total yards and 465 touchdowns, the most in the NFL during that span. He coached 14 different Broncos that made the Pro Bowl, including running back Terrell Davis, who was named the NFL MVP in 1998.[/I]"

htownskinfan 12-06-2013 01:03 PM

I posted this early this morning but in wrong thread

Watched sportscenter this morning,only 1 nfl game played and sportscenter doesnt get to it till 20 minutes into the show,how often does that happen?lol

Cant believe my other hometown team{texans} is this bad also.This is the same team that won 12 games last yr.My dislike for Kubiak is slightly less than my dislike for shanahan,I would not want Kubiak as off coordinator if something happened to shanny jr.

The skins and texans are pretty similar.Both give up big plays on defense,both special teams suck,most fans of both teams think their coach sucks.But I think the biggest problem with both teams this yr is the dropoff on the offensive line.Both teams can run block but pass blocking forget it,qbs are under constant pressure.The Texans line has 3 probowlers so I dont know what happened there.

Chico23231 12-06-2013 01:14 PM

Pass on Kubiack

Is Pilsbury the interm?

SirLK26 12-06-2013 01:18 PM

[quote=skinsguy;1046280]Why is that?

"[I]In his 11 seasons with the team, the Broncos amassed 66,501 total yards and 465 touchdowns, the most in the NFL during that span. He coached 14 different Broncos that made the Pro Bowl, including running back Terrell Davis, who was named the NFL MVP in 1998.[/I]"[/quote]

Yeah, but his 61-64 effort in Houston left much to be desired. That team had far more talent than their record shows. Kubiak's playcalling and game management were questionable, and I think that's the biggest reason for Houston's struggles.

Perhaps being united with Shanahan would help though. He certainly had success in Denver.

Ruhskins 12-06-2013 01:19 PM

[quote=htownskinfan;1046281]I posted this early this morning but in wrong thread

Watched sportscenter this morning,only 1 nfl game played and sportscenter doesnt get to it till 20 minutes into the show,how often does that happen?lol

Cant believe my other hometown team{texans} is this bad also.This is the same team that won 12 games last yr.My dislike for Kubiak is slightly less than my dislike for shanahan,I would not want Kubiak as off coordinator if something happened to shanny jr.

The skins and texans are pretty similar.Both give up big plays on defense,both special teams suck,most fans of both teams think their coach sucks.But I think the biggest problem with both teams this yr is the dropoff on the offensive line.Both teams can run block but pass blocking forget it,qbs are under constant pressure.The Texans line has 3 probowlers so I dont know what happened there.[/quote]

I think the biggest problem for the Texans is that Schaub crashed and burned, plus they lost Foster. That whole team needs to be blown up IMO, especially in the offensive side of the ball.

Lotus 12-06-2013 01:20 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1046284]Pass on Kubiack

Is Pilsbury the interm?[/quote]

Yup, Doughboy now in charge.