Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Skins vs. Falcons Pre-game Thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=55603)

MTK 12-12-2013 02:30 PM

Re: Skins vs. Falcons Pre-game Thread

Not sounding good for Reed... why not just shut him down too? I'm being totally serious by the way.

Mike Jones ‏@MikeJonesWaPo 11m
Reed being checked by multiple doctors. Still being tested. In addition to ongoing headaches, he hasn't passed tests.

BaltimoreSkins 12-12-2013 02:33 PM

Head trauma is nothing to mess around with. He should be shut down especially since he hasn't been cleared after multiple tests.

Lotus 12-12-2013 02:34 PM

[quote=Mattyk;1048503]Not sounding good for Reed... why not just shut him down too? I'm being totally serious by the way.

Reed being checked by multiple doctors. Still being tested. In addition to ongoing headaches, he hasn't passed tests.[/quote]

I fear that Reed may become our Jahvid Best - a tantalizing player who can't get on the field because of concussions.

Yeah Matty, if anyone needs to be shut down for injury reasons, it is Reed.

jdlea 12-12-2013 02:35 PM

[quote=Mattyk;1048503]Not sounding good for Reed... why not just shut him down too? I'm being totally serious by the way.

Reed being checked by multiple doctors. Still being tested. In addition to ongoing headaches, he hasn't passed tests.[/quote]

You don't shut down other young players because you're lying about the reason you shut down the first young player.

MTK 12-12-2013 02:38 PM

[quote=BaltimoreSkins;1048504]Head trauma is nothing to mess around with. He should be shut down especially since he hasn't been cleared after multiple tests.[/quote]

I saw a stat this morning that said 75% of concussions resolve within a week. So yeah this isn't good.

DynamiteRave 12-12-2013 02:39 PM

I thought he passed the one before the Giants game, since he was suited up to play but then got a headache. Now they he has to pass a test by an independent neurologist.

skinsfaninok 12-12-2013 02:42 PM

Damn me and Rave joked about this the other day but is Reed's career done or something? That sounds pretty bad

MTK 12-12-2013 02:43 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1048512]Damn me and Rave joked about this the other day but is Reed's career done or something? That sounds pretty bad[/quote]

Probably a bit premature for that.

skinsfaninok 12-12-2013 02:47 PM

^ Ok lol

MTK 12-12-2013 03:21 PM

Dr. Ray Solano ‏@DrRaySolano 17m
No predictable timetable for #Redskins Reed to return. Every concussion unique. His global health at this point is what concerns me most.

jamf 12-12-2013 04:39 PM

I wonder if lazy players are going to start using concussions as an excuse not to play.

Not implying Reed is doing it but.... screw it, yes I am implying it! F Him!

Hijinx 12-12-2013 04:43 PM

What the odds on seeing Rexy in the game this weekend? I will lose my mind.

jamf 12-12-2013 06:03 PM

ESPN 980 is reporting Reed is done for the year.

KI Skins Fan 12-12-2013 06:30 PM

[quote=jamf;1048568]ESPN 980 is reporting Reed is done for the year.[/quote]

That's good. His long term health is far more important than playing in a couple more games this season.

KI Skins Fan 12-12-2013 06:41 PM

Josh Leribeus will be inactive this week due to a hemorrhoidal flare-up he suffered after he won a hot wings eating contest.

skinsfaninok 12-12-2013 07:07 PM

[QUOTE=jamf;1048549]I wonder if lazy players are going to start using concussions as an excuse not to play.

Not implying Reed is doing it but.... screw it, yes I am implying it! F Him![/QUOTE]

Hey! Buddy it's serious ok I.mean RG3 is out too

mbedner3420 12-12-2013 07:14 PM

Reed must have gotten rocked. I don't even recall the hit.

Jayroc24 12-13-2013 12:10 PM

Well I will be at this game............ First one in while, I really enjoy watching them in my own home..... Well I did last year.

Still trying to debate whether or not to wear my RG3 jersey..... thought about putting tape over the name with "Benched" instead of Griffin III.

What a disappointing year, really thought the Skins had started to turn the ship around....

spAtt 12-13-2013 03:57 PM

[quote=Jayroc24;1048797]Well I will be at this game............ First one in while, I really enjoy watching them in my own home..... Well I did last year.

Still trying to debate whether or not to wear my RG3 jersey..... thought about putting tape over the name with "Benched" instead of Griffin III.

What a disappointing year, really thought the Skins had started to turn the ship around....[/quote]

Where are you sitting at the game Sunday? Me and my family will be in section 103. I was gonna wear my RG3 Jersey, but I may stick to my favorite Clinton Portis arrowhead jersey..lol

DynamiteRave 12-13-2013 04:17 PM

So Shanahan puts RG3 on the inactive list despite being healthy, but won't deactivate the guy who [B]IS[/B] injured and can't pass the concussion tests. Okay then.

[url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/12/13/mike-shanahan-says-jordan-reed-not-ruled-out-for-rest-of-season/]Mike Shanahan says Jordan Reed not ruled out for rest of season[/url]

BaltimoreSkins 12-13-2013 08:52 PM

[quote=Hijinx;1048552]What the odds on seeing Rexy in the game this weekend? I will lose my mind.[/quote]

It depends on how many sequential series Cousins throws picks. In all seriousness who knows. I don't want to see the game thrown but at this juncture I could see Cousins struggling and Shanny refusing to take him out of the gam.e

NC_Skins 12-13-2013 09:29 PM

[url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/12/12/a-look-at-kirk-cousinss-flaws-and-attributes-including-some-things-he-does-better-than-robert-griffin-iii/]A look at Kirk Cousins’s flaws and attributes, including some things he does better than Robert Griffin III[/url]

Very good article about how Cousins is further along in his pro development than Robert is. Food for thought.

GusFrerotte 12-13-2013 11:38 PM

I am not going to predict a winner, but ATL isn't the juggernaut as in the recent past. If Kirk can stay under 2 INTS, and get into a grove and the D can play half decent, we can win this one.

BaltimoreSkins 12-14-2013 08:02 AM

^and we decide to run the ball this week

firstdown 12-14-2013 08:38 AM

Well reed can take a hit.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DxjSYLkVDw]Jordan Reed Great Catch, Loses Helmet vs Kentucky - YouTube[/url]

KI Skins Fan 12-14-2013 08:56 AM

I hope there are no serious injuries and that Cousins plays well.

I don't give a damn who wins.

That's all I've got left for this game.

Green Monk Machine 12-14-2013 10:39 AM

The game isn't being televised in the Baltimore area, instead we have to deal with Phi vs Minn and probably the god damn ravens

skinsfaninok 12-14-2013 10:48 AM

[QUOTE=Green Monk Machine;1048895]The game isn't being televised in the Baltimore area, instead we have to deal with Phi vs Minn and probably the god damn ravens[/QUOTE]

Sunday ticket bro

BaltimoreSkins 12-14-2013 11:34 AM

[quote=Green Monk Machine;1048895]The game isn't being televised in the Baltimore area, instead we have to deal with Phi vs Minn and probably the god damn ravens[/quote]

Ravens play Monday

TheMalcolmConnection 12-14-2013 02:05 PM

I have to say, the change to Cousins gives me an extra spark this week. Not that I think he's the future or that this season has been anything less of a shit storm, but this week, the win is a LOCK.

We will win this game, maybe even convincingly. Cousins will play great, throw for 300+, and it will unleash Morris who will pound it down their throats. Right now, I'm just interested in seeing Cousins torch the Cowboys to close out their season. If we're going to spoil anyone, let's spoil those assholes.

F***ING PAIN BABY.

JoeRedskin 12-14-2013 02:31 PM

I hope the Skins win, Cousins does well and Morris has a mega monster day (completely unrelated to the fact that I have in my money league - well, maybe not completely).

Then I hope MS says something that clearly violates his contract and gets his ass fired for cause.

EARTHQUAKE2689 12-14-2013 02:40 PM

[quote=JoeRedskin;1048909]I hope the Skins win, Cousins does well and Morris has a mega monster day (completely unrelated to the fact that I have in my money league - well, maybe not completely).

Then I hope MS says something that clearly violates his contract and gets his ass fired for cause.[/quote]

You're the lawyer, I am just getting ready to go to law school. Would an open threat against a "reporter" work well enough to fire im with cause?

EARTHQUAKE2689 12-14-2013 02:41 PM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection;1048908]I have to say, the change to Cousins gives me an extra spark this week. Not that I think he's the future or that this season has been anything less of a shit storm, but this week, the win is a LOCK.

We will win this game, maybe even convincingly. Cousins will play great, throw for 300+, and it will unleash Morris who will pound it down their throats. Right now, I'm just interested in seeing Cousins torch the Cowboys to close out their season. If we're going to spoil anyone, let's spoil those assholes.

F***ING PAIN BABY.[/quote]

AKA The Matt Flynn performance, something to the tune of 28/34 346 yards and 5 TDs. (All to Pierre Garcon)

DynamiteRave 12-14-2013 06:45 PM

[quote=firstdown;1048889]Well reed can take a hit.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DxjSYLkVDw]Jordan Reed Great Catch, Loses Helmet vs Kentucky - YouTube[/url][/quote]

I read somewhere that Reed had a couple of major concussions in college as well. The guy's career is going to be short if he keeps getting knocked around like that. A little worrying.

skinsfaninok 12-14-2013 07:15 PM

[QUOTE=DynamiteRave;1048932]I read somewhere that Reed had a couple of major concussions in college as well. The guy's career is going to be short if he keeps getting knocked around like that. A little worrying.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I didn't realize how many he's already had , hopefully we can get a couple great seasons from.him

Green Monk Machine 12-14-2013 07:49 PM

FYI- for those unable to watch game, try 1st row sports or rojadirecta.com.

The Goat 12-14-2013 09:11 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1048935]Yeah I didn't realize how many he's already had , hopefully we can get a couple great seasons from.him[/quote]

I mean it's the billion dollar question in pro football right now, how many concussions is too many?

A few concussions in a life time is almost normal IMO. I had a few growing up from horsing around and sports. Then had another one in my early 30's. And I still sparr (kickboxing) pretty regularly. I don't notice any less brain function, but there wasn't a to start with lol. My fam and friends say I'm forgetful.

But these kids are having chain concussions (week to week) and I wonder if that is what makes dangerous. Not just more overall concussions but having them one after the other, like the brain doesn't have time to heal?

Jayroc24 12-15-2013 09:18 AM

We'll against my better judgement I am heading to the game. I really want to see the interaction in the side lines. Should be interesting!

KI Skins Fan 12-15-2013 09:40 AM

[quote=Jayroc24;1048968]We'll against my better judgement I am heading to the game. I really want to see the interaction in the side lines. Should be interesting![/quote]

It [U]is[/U] an NFL football game, regardless of the teams' records. Have a good time!

TheMalcolmConnection 12-15-2013 10:07 AM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;1048911]AKA The Matt Flynn performance, something to the tune of 28/34 346 yards and 5 TDs. (All to Pierre Garcon)[/quote]

Amen. It's gonna happen. We might even win 3 in a row. Just SOMETHING good. We deserve it!