Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   C. Brown Needs More Time; Redskins interested in Kevin Dyson (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=5566)

TheMalcolmConnection 03-25-2005 10:11 AM

Re: C. Brown Needs More Time; Redskins interested in Kevin Dyson

I definitely agree that if we sign Dyson we're not going WR. Do you guys still think we should pass on Williams if he's there?

TheMalcolmConnection 03-25-2005 10:16 AM

And if we DON'T go WR, do you think that we pick CB or take Derrick at LB if HE'S there?

MTK 03-25-2005 10:32 AM

[QUOTE=FRPLG]If Dyson is cheap what is the harm of bringing him for an audition during camp? He still could not make the team. Might as well bring him in if you can get him at the veteran's minimum with no signing bonus. Costs us nothing if we cut him and potentially offers a cheap alternative should he play as well as some other guys. My big question is why he was out of football for a year? There had to be someone who needed a receiver last season if only for a few weeks.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

The answer to your question as to why he was out of football it was due to injury I believe.

56FAN 03-25-2005 11:40 AM

i'm not sold m williams, if it was roy williams who has it all then i say snag'em but this draft has no clear superstar player like last draft. there are some players who have
a chance to become stars but no clear winner pick. williamson has everything you need, decent size and burnin speed. so cb or johnson in the first or drop down collect a pick and get williamson. by the way what do you guys say about elton brand out of va maybe in the second ?, if we can get a second. i,m not sold on our big guard out of texas. from what i've read elton has it all as a guard. and after all the line is where the game is won and lost.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-25-2005 11:59 AM

A lot of people are thinking he will be taken in the first round.

Daseal 03-25-2005 12:04 PM

I remember being mocked for saying R. Williams was the best receiver last year! Roy Williams is king - but M Williams is a bigger slower guy. He's more of a redzone threat which is something we're lacking.

56FAN 03-25-2005 12:54 PM

mccant servs that role, and very well i might add. that's why he got the new contrat w/bonus. williamson is said to be screamin up the charts on alot of peoples boards.
b edwards from i have read about him reminds me of a faster gardner. thanks but no thanks. rolle or pac man are going to be stars and poosibly superstars in the league.
we have 2 good corners who are a little long in the tooth, time for a trainee.
de we can trade down and get what we want if we are not interested in a top running back , qb, or cb trade down pile up picks.

SkinsRock 03-25-2005 01:38 PM

The Post has not been completely accurate this offseason, so I'll believe it when I see it somewhere else. That being said, Dyson would be a vet minimum type of guy that would be basically trying out in TC to be a backup/special teams guy.....or maybe a guy they can bring in and get familiar with the system in case of injury to one of the WR's later in the season. Don't read too much into it.....i.e. who we will draft.
Although this is the time for smoke screens, so add this to the fact that Gibbs was hinting of going defense with the #9 pick, and maybe they do have their eye on a WR (I hope not....I think they should either take a CB or trade down for more picks).

offiss 03-25-2005 04:04 PM

[QUOTE=Daseal]I remember being mocked for saying R. Williams was the best receiver last year! Roy Williams is king - but M Williams is a bigger slower guy. He's more of a redzone threat which is something we're lacking.[/QUOTE]

I was with you on Williams as well Daseal, I also had Andre Johnson ahead of the kid who went to Detroit the year before, I believe his name is Rogers.

So who is my guy this year? Vincent Jackson!

I believe we will be taking a WR either late first or early second, I really think this is a draft to be dealing down and pick up as many pick's as possible. We can deal down and come out of this draft with a possible impact CB, and a WR, and still get a backup to groom at center/guard, as well as a MLB, and also add some depth.

CB's- Pac man, Rolle, Roger's, and Marlin Jackson.

WR's- Williams, Edwards, Williamson, Clayton, R.White, Mathis, V. Jackson.

Any 1 of those guy's could turn into all pro's, and if we play this draft correctly we can easily draft 2 of them.

Redskins_P 03-28-2005 01:53 PM

Has anyone heard anything about C.Brown? I thought he was making his decision last Thursday?

TheMalcolmConnection 03-28-2005 02:00 PM

I think he's still weighing options. I'm guessing its down to the two of us (Broncos being the other).

I'm sure it helps that LaVar and Prioleau are on the same team.

BleedBurgundy 03-28-2005 03:06 PM

Who is he consulting on this? What are the choices, The Broncos? Compared to the most valuable sports franchise in the world? Please...

TheMalcolmConnection 03-28-2005 03:08 PM

Haha... I can see you snapping your fingers in a Z formation to that one!

BleedBurgundy 03-28-2005 03:45 PM

You got it sister.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-28-2005 04:02 PM

:biggthump Word.