Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Will Mike Shanahan please just shut up? (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/55660-will-mike-shanahan-please-just-shut.html)

KI Skins Fan 12-15-2013 12:18 PM

Will Mike Shanahan please just shut up?

Per profootballtalk.com:

[I]According to Adam Schefter of ESPN (and not any of his colleagues), Redskins coach Mike Shanahan "will not resign from his job and would like to return to Washington next season as long as he can run team the way he wants."[/I]

This is purely self-serving crap. If he says he won't resign, then that suggests that he would coach next season whether or not he can run the team the way he wants. Which, in turn, suggests that it's not about how the team is run. It seems to be all about the $7,000,000 that is at stake for him.

It certainly looks as if he is attempting to goad Dan Snyder into firing him by trying to put the blame for his failures on Snyder.

Way to get your team ready for today's game, Mike!

GTripp0012 12-15-2013 12:23 PM

Re: Will Mike Shanahan please just shut up?

Gotta vet your hires better. Just the bottom line. Can't give $35 mil guaranteed to the Albert Haynesworth of coaches.

Paintrain 12-15-2013 12:48 PM

This is classic Shanny using Schefter as his mouthpiece. Here's the stupidity of the story, contractually Shanahan CAN and IS running the team 'his own way'. This whole thing is a steaming pile of garbage, layered in filth with shit frosting.

I think the over/under for the settlement is $5 million. Shanny won't take less, Danny won't pay more.

skinsfaninok 12-15-2013 01:14 PM

[QUOTE=Paintrain;1048999]This is classic Shanny using Schefter as his mouthpiece. Here's the stupidity of the story, contractually Shanahan CAN and IS running the team 'his own way'. This whole thing is a steaming pile of garbage, layered in filth with shit frosting.

I think the over/under for the settlement is $5 million. Shanny won't take less, Danny won't pay more.[/QUOTE]

Dude he really is a rat geez

Chico23231 12-15-2013 01:17 PM

[quote=GTripp0012;1048997]Gotta vet your hires better. Just the bottom line. Can't give $35 mil guaranteed to the Albert Haynesworth of coaches.[/quote]

:laughing2

diehardskin2982 12-15-2013 01:35 PM

980 tried to sell Shanny coming back... No thanks.

FRPLG 12-15-2013 01:39 PM

Just a chess move. Shanny wants out but by firing. Danny wants Shanny out by resignation. Good chance one of them wins. I think if DS holds steady shanny will quit. Legacy at stake and all.

diehardskin2982 12-15-2013 01:40 PM

Just do a negotiated buy out on the contract.

skinsfaninok 12-15-2013 02:03 PM

[QUOTE=diehardskin2982;1049052]Just do a negotiated buy out on the contract.[/QUOTE]

Yes

LRT 12-15-2013 04:37 PM

These last couple of weeks have to rank as one of the most shamefully selfish performances ever by an NFL head coach. Shanahan is throwing the entire team under the bus in an effort to get fired and collect a $7 million paycheck. Inexcusable.

redskins5044 12-15-2013 04:45 PM

[quote=diehardskin2982;1049052]Just do a negotiated buy out on the contract.[/quote]

Shanny is not going to do that, he is going to make Synder fire him. It's a game of chicken.

Chief X_Phackter 12-15-2013 05:26 PM

[quote=Paintrain;1048999]This is classic Shanny using Schefter as his mouthpiece. Here's the stupidity of the story, contractually [B]Shanahan CAN and IS running the team 'his own way'.[/B] This whole thing is a steaming pile of garbage, layered in filth with shit frosting.

I think the over/under for the settlement is $5 million. Shanny won't take less, Danny won't pay more.[/quote]

Unless you buy the idea that Snyder forced RGIII on him (the trade, the pick). I don't know if that is true or not, but if it is then that isn't exactly what Shanahan signed up for, which was TOTAL control...I believe...

Maybe starting Cousins is more about his attempt to prove that Cousins is better suited for the offense he wants to run, and maybe a better all around QB...

Paintrain 12-15-2013 09:43 PM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;1049318]Unless you buy the idea that Snyder forced RGIII on him (the trade, the pick). I don't know if that is true or not, but if it is then that isn't exactly what Shanahan signed up for, which was TOTAL control...I believe...

Maybe starting Cousins is more about his attempt to prove that Cousins is better suited for the offense he wants to run, and maybe a better all around QB...[/quote]

I don't believe that bs for a second. He would have raised almighty hell if he was being 'forced' into that deal. His ego and control issues would never allow that to happen silently.

The Goat 12-15-2013 11:00 PM

[quote=Paintrain;1049395]I don't believe that bs for a second. He would have raised almighty hell if he was being 'forced' into that deal. His ego and control issues would never allow that to happen silently.[/quote]

This.

81forHOF 12-16-2013 02:27 PM

To me it all seems like media nonsense. The media loves to try to stir up shit where this organization is concerned. If you don't have a story create one. NFL.com is basically turned into a gossip website. All their articles start out something like 'a source close to the situation has said an unnamed player overheard RG3 saying blah, blah, blah.' Give me a break.

To me the best way for Shanny to repair his legacy would be to return next year and field a respectable team. Afterall, he has 2 good QBs, 2 good RBs, a promising young TE, and a WR who just broke the franchise record for yards in a season. The situation is not that bleak. If we can grab a good CB, a decent safety and a right tackle in FA. Then go into draft looking for interior lineman, and a middle LB we would compete for our division next year.

I think the fact that this front office/coaching staff has played with a major salary cap penalty the last 2 years should give them a mulligan. I for one don't want to tear down and rebuild when we are 4 or 5 starters away from being a solid team. So, personally, I hope we keep Shanny.....

....now Haslett, on the other hand? Do what you want with him.