Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Goodbye Kyle? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=55661)

dmek25 12-17-2013 12:27 PM

Re: Goodbye Kyle?

[quote=Mechanix544;1049648]I love Cousins, and I hope we can snag a second and a fourth round pick or something like that for him in the offseason, lord knows we need the pick. But, is it just me, or did some of his balls look to float yesterday, or lack the mustard one would expect, even though it looked like he was stepping up and putting his ass behind his throws a bit?[/quote]
first thing i thought was i dont remember his arm being this strong. the pics were bad throws that were late. not a lot of timing between him and our WOs. probably from lack of work

Monkeydad 12-17-2013 12:36 PM

[quote=Bakerman;1049808]Bruce Allen can save this team if he is given control. At least he's savvy enough to steer clear of the media s**tstorm.[/quote]

Agreed that he's the key to our future, but I don't think anyone can avoid the DC media or ESPN...they just make crap up if they don't have a real story to grab ratings and headlines.

Lotus 12-17-2013 01:06 PM

[quote=Mechanix544;1049648]I love Cousins, and I hope we can snag a second and a fourth round pick or something like that for him in the offseason, lord knows we need the pick. But, is it just me, or did some of his balls look to float yesterday, or lack the mustard one would expect, even though it looked like he was stepping up and putting his ass behind his throws a bit?[/quote]

IMO Cousins has an adequately strong arm. I worry about his accuracy and decision-making, since these were problems he had in college and appears to struggle with still. When Cousins misses his target, he often misses by a big margin and his passes then get picked, as we saw against Atlanta.

skinsfaninok 12-17-2013 01:13 PM

[QUOTE=Lotus;1049861]IMO Cousins has an adequately strong arm. I worry about his accuracy and decision-making, since these were problems he had in college and appears to struggle with still. When Cousins misses his target, he often misses by a big margin and his passes then get picked, as we saw against Atlanta.[/QUOTE]

He was a late rd pick for a reason

BigHairedAristocrat 12-17-2013 03:21 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1049866]He was a late rd pick for a reason[/quote]

Mid round pick. Russell Wilson and Nick Foles were both taken within a round before him. But those guys were "late" round picks for a reason too, right? On the flip side, why isnt Mark Sanchez playing now? He was a first round pick for a reason, right?

BigHairedAristocrat 12-17-2013 03:22 PM

[quote=Lotus;1049861]IMO Cousins has an adequately strong arm. [B] I worry about his accuracy and decision-making, since these were problems he had in college and appears to struggle with still. When Cousins misses his target, he often misses by a big margin and his passes then get picked,[/B] as we saw against Atlanta.[/quote]

All of that could be said of RGIII too.

The Goat 12-17-2013 06:26 PM

Cousins doesn't have a cannon. Without space and time to wind up there's not a lot on the ball, which makes INTs more likely. Even if he can improve accuracy and decision-making I don't think he's a franchise QB.