Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Year in Review 2013 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=55873)

TheSmurfs22 12-29-2013 08:42 PM

Re: Year in Review 2013

Ugh that is all I got

skinsfan69 12-29-2013 08:49 PM

[quote=jamf;1051846]I disagree.
Both were in their first years trying to figure out what they had, This is a fourth year team that is coming off a playoff appearance with virtually the same players.

Pretty much the Hogs and the Posse retired before Petibon took over and Norv had to rebuild from scratch.

We had virtually the same team as last year and they tanked. Either a healthy RG3 carried that team on his back and couldnt do it this year or the coaching staff phoned it in.[/quote]

Well Ritchie's first game was a dominant win over the SB champion Cowboys. And then it was all downhill after that.

Giantone 12-29-2013 09:03 PM

[quote=donofriose;1051838]Just an interesting fact for those that do not know...
Washington is the only team in the NFL that did not win a divisional game.

Dallas as of right now is undefeated in division play.[/quote]

agree , only by 2 bad pass's .

DirtBagZ 12-29-2013 09:07 PM

I am thankful that this horrid, putrid (like the entrails of a dead animal), pile of stinking manure, overturned porta-potty, dumpster fire of a season is over. Hopefully tomorrow AM we get reports of Shanarats firing, it will be the only worthwhile thing, since this mess is clearly on him after four years, and full control of football operations.

Giantone 12-29-2013 09:11 PM

[quote=DirtBagZ;1051862]I am thankful that this horrid, putrid (like the entrails of a dead animal), pile of stinking manure, overturned porta-potty, dumpster fire of a season is over. Hopefully tomorrow AM we get reports of Shanarats firing, it will be the only worthwhile thing, since this mess is clearly on him after four years, and full control of football operations.[/quote]

I think he stays ,you might lose Haslett but I think everyone else stays .

Zerohero 12-29-2013 09:12 PM

Horrible turnover differential and maybe the worst overall special teams ever. Literally every aspect of special teams was bad.

Props to Morris for getting as much yards while the team was normally down early.

Hate to see a Monk record get broken but Garcon was ballin this year.

DirtBagZ 12-29-2013 09:19 PM

[quote=Giantone;1051865]I think he stays ,you might lose Haslett but I think everyone else stays .[/quote]

I guess as a Giant's fan you'd love for Shannahan to stick around and further screw up this franchise. I remember fondly the glory days of Gibbs vs. Parcells in the 80's some of the best football I ever watched. Today was pure garbage and an insult to that previously great history. Honestly, if the Redskins don't find/name a GM and Danny boy is running the show, I'll be done. Danny boys is close enough in age to me that I won't out live him, the Cowboy fans will eventually get a reprieve once Jerrah passes on.

MTK 12-29-2013 09:49 PM

0% chance Shanahan returns.

Hog1 12-29-2013 09:51 PM

Like pain, it feels so good when it stops.........
0.0%

The Goat 12-29-2013 11:11 PM

[quote=saden1;1051831]You can't be serious, this team lacks talent at three crucial units, wr, db, and st.[/quote]

You forgot OL.

Gary84Clark 12-30-2013 08:52 AM

[quote=Mattyk;1051874]0% chance Shanahan returns.[/quote]

Fireworks!!!!

44Deezel 12-30-2013 09:02 AM

[quote=saden1;1051831]You can't be serious, this team lacks talent at three crucial units, wr, db, and st.[/quote]

You know who else has average Receivers? Seattle and San Fran. The Skins have one of the best, if not best, cap situations going into next year. There's plenty to like on Offense IF RG3 can regain his form from last year.

If not, nothing else matters. Garcon, Reed, TW, Alfmo and a 2012 RG3 is a top 10 Offense WITHOUT A SINGLE ADDITION. The question mark is RG3. If he comes back strong, all is well Offensvely. They'll add some pieces at WR and O-line, but it comes down to him.

Defense and Special Teams are different matters entirely, but both could be improved dramatically via free agency, the draft and young guys stepping up. Shanny and Allen executed team friendly contracts, so the new guy won't have to dig out from horrible contracts like Ports & Haynesworth.

Gary84Clark 12-30-2013 09:09 AM

[quote=44Deezel;1051965]You know who else has average Receivers? Seattle and San Fran. The Skins have one of the best, if not best, cap situations going into next year. There's plenty to like on Offense IF RG3 can regain his form from last year.

If not, nothing else matters. Garcon, Reed, TW, Alfmo and a 2012 RG3 is a top 10 Offense WITHOUT A SINGLE ADDITION. The question mark is RG3. If he comes back strong, all is well Offensvely. They'll add some pieces at WR and O-line, but it comes down to him.

Defense and Special Teams are different matters entirely, but both could be improved dramatically via free agency, the draft and young guys stepping up. Shanny and Allen executed team friendly contracts, so the new guy won't have to dig out from horrible contracts like Ports & Haynesworth.[/quote]

I disagree that Seattle and San Fran have average receives. They are "underated" but Crabtree is not average and neither are Bolden, Harvin, or Golden Tate

Giantone 12-30-2013 09:26 AM

[quote=DirtBagZ;1051868]I guess as a Giant's fan you'd love for Shannahan to stick around and further screw up this franchise. I remember fondly the glory days of Gibbs vs. Parcells in the 80's some of the best football I ever watched. Today was pure garbage and an insult to that previously great history. Honestly, if the Redskins don't find/name a GM and Danny boy is running the show, I'll be done. Danny boys is close enough in age to me that I won't out live him, the Cowboy fans will eventually get a reprieve once Jerrah passes on.[/quote]

You must be new .

los panda 12-30-2013 10:17 AM

cat shit season; glad it's over.

looking forward to what the future holds.

i don't think that griff will wear the brace next season.