Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Who Do You Want to Be The Head Coach? (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/55946-who-do-you-want-head-coach.html)

SmootSmack 01-02-2014 08:41 PM

Who Do You Want to Be The Head Coach?

New Thread Time

Again, poll is public

In this rounds we are only selecting candidates the Redskins are officially interviewing (at this time)

SFREDSKIN 01-02-2014 08:50 PM

Re: Who Do You Want to Be The Head Coach?

From this list either Bevell or Fewell. My dream pick Shaw. Joey T. said some interesting things today:

[url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/01/02/joe-theismann-on-redskins-this-year-was-a-total-disaster/]Joe Theismann on Redskins: ‘This year was a total disaster’[/url]

budw38 01-02-2014 09:04 PM

Caldwell , He has had great success as Coach and Cord. I do not know enough about some of the others . I would like Allen to interview Wisenhunt .

Fiversons 01-02-2014 09:04 PM

From this list I would take Bevell... But if I had my choice, the top 3 would be David Shaw, Jay Gruden and Mike Zimmer in no particular order...

WillH 01-02-2014 09:05 PM

I chose Caldwell. I just think an Offensive Coach would be best. Someone recently made the good point that the best Offensive minds are coordinators already, so getting a Defensive minded coach and a good O coordinator to supplement would be difficult.

SFREDSKIN 01-02-2014 09:07 PM

[quote=WillH;1052986]I chose Caldwell. I just think an Offensive Coach would be best. Someone recently made the good point that the best Offensive minds are coordinators already, so getting a Defensive minded coach and a good O coordinator to supplement would be difficult.[/quote]

Theismann went on to say that the teamís next offensive coordinator is more important to RGIII than the next head coach.

ďItís hard to say who the perfect coach is gonna be, because I think itís more about the coordinator than the coach,Ē Theismann said. ďI really feel like you have to have the right kind of coordinator for the system on offense and Jay Gruden is a guy that I had an association with in the NFL down in Orlando, who I think did a terrific job as an offensive coordinator. Greg Roman out in San Francisco has had Colin Kaepernick.

Lotus 01-02-2014 09:08 PM

Fewell - a leader of a team rather than just a unit?
Caldwell - ok. Kinda meh.
Bevell - an attractive choice about whom unflattering words were posted here yesterday
McDermott - my current choice due to the positive buzz about his leadership abilities

Of course, Jay Gruden and Mike Zimmer could not be chosen.

KI Skins Fan 01-02-2014 09:09 PM

Bevell. I like the offense they run in Seattle. It's a good fit for RGIII.

WillH 01-02-2014 09:09 PM

Any chance Pete Carmichael might be considered?

The Goat 01-02-2014 09:11 PM

Caldwell from this list. The others haven't earned it and shouldn't be serious HC candidates IMO. There's too many guys with HC experience who've also been more successful coordinators: Whisenhunt, Williams, Caldwell.

SFREDSKIN 01-02-2014 09:11 PM

[quote=WillH;1052990]Any chance Pete Carmichael might be considered?[/quote]

Good coach but I don't think the temperament of a headcoach, looks like a dorky kid.

skinsfan69 01-02-2014 09:12 PM

Not sure I want any of these guys. Bevell? Eh..Not sure he's a true leader. McDermott is doing a real nice job in Carolina but again...can he lead an organization? Caldwell does nothing for me. Baltimore's offense was garbage and predictable and he definitely doesn't seem like a leader. Fewell seems like an interesting no nonsense guy. But my number one hire is Gregg Williams. He's exactly what our team/organization needs.

WillH 01-02-2014 09:13 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1052992]Good coach but I don't think the temperament of a headcoach, looks like a dorky kid.[/quote]

So did Gibbs kinda though . . . Didn't he?

Fiversons 01-02-2014 09:15 PM

I can't ever support the hiring of Caldwell... I have seen way too many Wake Forest games to ever pick him as the HC... Quite honestly, this list is very underwhelming...

The Goat 01-02-2014 09:25 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;1052993]Not sure I want any of these guys. Bevell? Eh..Not sure he's a true leader. McDermott is doing a real nice job in Carolina but again...can he lead an organization? Caldwell does nothing for me. Baltimore's offense was garbage and predictable and he definitely doesn't seem like a leader. Fewell seems like an interesting no nonsense guy. But my number one hire is Gregg Williams. He's exactly what our team/organization needs.[/quote]

(Silently nodding)

Couldn't agree more. Basicslly hoping nobody else takes the job, Danny balks, etc etc and at the end of it all Williams is there waiting.