Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pick Your Next Redskins Head Coach (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=56000)

MTK 01-06-2014 02:04 PM

Re: Pick Your Next Redskins Head Coach

Franklin seems like a quality darkhorse.

Gary84Clark 01-06-2014 02:10 PM

[quote=CrustyRedskin;1053752]Difficult choice for a guy like that, do you ride that stud for the next 12+ years or do you try to break off on your own??? Id ride that pony to a few rings before making the leap.[/quote]

That pony ain't gonna get nay rings though.

Lotus 01-06-2014 02:19 PM

[quote=Mattyk;1053762]Franklin seems like a quality darkhorse.[/quote]

Just like Seattle Slew.

[IMG]http://www.circledhorses.com/seattle%20slew%20race.JPG[/IMG]

MTK 01-06-2014 02:25 PM

Add Vic Fangio to the list

DynamiteRave 01-06-2014 02:30 PM

I was listening to an analysis of him not too long ago. Seems like a decent prospect. Can't ignore what he's been doing at Vandy.

NC_Skins 01-06-2014 02:36 PM

I think I would be fine with any of the following:

Bisaccia
Gruden
McDermott
Zimmer

This is of course providing they picked a good staff to surround themselves with.

Ruhskins 01-06-2014 02:37 PM

Very nice guy, I met him while he was here at Maryland. Has some NFL experience (WRs coach at Green Bay in 2005).

Personally, I'd like a more established NFL coordinator.

SmootSmack 01-06-2014 02:38 PM

[quote=Mattyk;1053770]Add Vic Fangio to the list[/quote]

You wanna go ahead and add him

NC_Skins 01-06-2014 02:42 PM

A side note for those who were clamoring for the great Lovie Smith:

[B][SIZE="3"]
@AdamSchefter

Lovie Smith’s contract contains the clause that gives him final say over all personnel matters on the Buccaneers' final 53-man roster.[/SIZE][/B]

Be glad we didn't get ourselves into another situation like that. No way would I give Lovie final say so on personnel. Going to make that GM job pretty irrelevant.

skinsguy 01-06-2014 02:48 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;1053778]A side note for those who were clamoring for the great Lovie Smith:

[B][SIZE="3"]
@AdamSchefter

Lovie Smith’s contract contains the clause that gives him final say over all personnel matters on the Buccaneers' final 53-man roster.[/SIZE][/B]

Be glad we didn't get ourselves into another situation like that. No way would I give Lovie final say so on personnel. Going to make that GM job pretty irrelevant.[/quote]

Good call! For once, I want a coach to be a coach and the GM to handle the personnel moves. I'm still a little skeptical on Allen making the player personnel decisions, but hey, I think anybody is better than Vinny Cerrato.

skinsfaninok 01-06-2014 02:48 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;1053778]A side note for those who were clamoring for the great Lovie Smith:

[B][SIZE=3]
@AdamSchefter

Be glad we didn't get ourselves into another situation like that. No way would I give Lovie final say so on personnel. Going to make that GM job pretty irrelevant.[/quote]

Yeah This hardly ever works that well anymore, HC trying to be GM as well

CrustyRedskin 01-06-2014 02:51 PM

Wasn't Greg Manusky's name being thrown around for a possible HC candidate ?? Or was that just for a coordinator position??

MTK 01-06-2014 02:56 PM

Looking at the list I gotta say I like the mix. Offense, defense, and special teams are all covered. Young on the rise coordinators, experienced 2nd chance head coaches, a few off the radar types. Solid list.

Lotus 01-06-2014 03:07 PM

[quote=Mattyk;1053784]Looking at the list I gotta say I like the mix. Offense, defense, and special teams are all covered. Young on the rise coordinators, experienced 2nd chance head coaches, a few off the radar types. Solid list.[/quote]

Yep. We are doing it right. I can't remember when we last ran a coaching search this way but it is a good thing. If the next Joe Gibbs (unknown) or Belichick (retread who made good) is out there, we are doing our best to find him.

skinsguy 01-06-2014 03:08 PM

[quote=Mattyk;1053784]Looking at the list I gotta say I like the mix. Offense, defense, and special teams are all covered. Young on the rise coordinators, experienced 2nd chance head coaches, a few off the radar types. Solid list.[/quote]

Agreed. I really like this list a lot. Nobody can say the Redskins front office is not doing its do diligence in finding the next head coach.