Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Whats the latest on Arrington? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=5619)

Lean Mean Machine 03-28-2005 07:15 PM

Whats the latest on Arrington?

Is he going full speed now? Will he be 100% by preseason? Seems I heard he was running around a few weeks ago, but I havent been keeping up like I should.

sportscurmudgeon 03-28-2005 08:22 PM

Re: Whats the latest on Arrington?

Check out redskins.com. They probably have an article there that has him leaping over tall buidlings in a single bound...

Lean Mean Machine 03-28-2005 08:25 PM

HA HA HA!!!! I went there, but I didnt go far enough

[size=3]Into the archives I guess. I didnt see anything about it. Are you telling me he's fine or are you telling me to find it out myself?[/size]

SmootSmack 03-28-2005 08:32 PM

Sportscurmudgeon is just being sarcastic...I haven't heard anything about LaVar's status right now

JWsleep 03-28-2005 08:37 PM

Sports is using his famous "reverse Karma"--if he thinks enough bad thoughts, good things will happen!

We all know he has a Lavar poster or two on his wall...;)

Daseal 03-28-2005 08:38 PM

In another thread someone used Redskins.com to say that Barrow was ahead of schedule.

Sports - haven't seen you speak up in the football match with extremeskins, hailredskins, etc. I'd like to see you on the sidelines! If you REALLY don't want to play I'll buy you a cute miniskirt and some pompoms!

sportscurmudgeon 03-28-2005 09:00 PM

Putting me in a miniskirt and pompoms would create an image that would be declared in violation of the Geneva Convention if shown to prisoners of war!

Since my sarcastic remarks about redskins.com sailed over the head of some here, let me say it much more clearly:

It really does not matter one whit how LaVar Arrington is doing now. It is March and not football season. What matters is how his physical condition is when training camp rolls around in July and how his physical condition is around Labor Day when the NFL season is starting. If I knew for certain that he'd be fine in September, I would not care even a bit if he were on crutches now and could not do a leg press of more than 25 lbs.

The ONLY thing to worry about now with regard to his physical condition in March is if he needs a leg amputated. Now that would be an irreversible condition that would reduce his effectiveness as an OLB.

KLHJ2 03-28-2005 09:11 PM

[QUOTE=sportscurmudgeon]Putting me in a miniskirt and pompoms would create an image that would be declared in violation of the Geneva Convention if shown to prisoners of war![/QUOTE]

No, that is not true. We can do that to enemy POW's now, because it improves their appearance, and prestiege around the world.

htownskinfan 03-28-2005 09:27 PM

Team Report

Posted: 21 hours ago
LaVar Arrington reported for duty on the first day of offseason workouts, and his recovery from his knee problem is going well. The team's defense functioned well without Arrington last season, but it did require the coaching staff to develop schemes to compensate for Arrington's absence. Arrington can give the team a steady pass rush from the weak side. Despite his star status, he still needs to work on wrapping up on tackles instead of going for the big hit and letting a big play develop in the process. Arrington is at his best when he has a strong running mate who is dedicated to the weight room and is exceptionally bright on the field. Shawn Barber and Antonio Pierce filled that role, but both were set free by the Redskins. Lemar Marshall will have to try to fill that role as he learns to play the middle linebacker position this off-season.

gortiz 03-29-2005 09:17 AM

[QUOTE=htownskinfan]Team Report

Posted: 21 hours ago
Despite his star status, he still needs to work on wrapping up on tackles instead of going for the big hit and letting a big play develop in the process. QUOTE]

Amen. I love the guy, he is great it seems, I repeat, it seems off the field as well as on the field. But, he can seem pretty crappy at wrapping up. Who can forget crazy run T.O. that should have been a loss?? Granted T.O. is a beast but man, isn't Lavar?

heybigstar 03-29-2005 06:52 PM

He is a beast, i think Willams will utilize him to his full potential.

azskinsfan2 03-29-2005 07:05 PM

I agree!! He seems to know how to get the best out of his players!!!
I pity the quarterbacks Lavar will be sending greetings to this season.

SKINZ_DOMIN8 03-29-2005 10:09 PM

Let's hope Mr. Mouth Arrington either puts up or shuts up this upcoming season. I am tired of hearing him talk about what he is going to do instead of just doing it. He is another "Redskin" that should be gone after next season if he doesn't produce.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-30-2005 08:37 AM

So who DO you like buddy? I think that Jimoh should start myself. Jimoh and Wilds at CB. You think we should bench Springs and Harris? They are old, it might be a good idea. Springs didn't get 20+ interceptions so that is why I think that. You agree dude?

TheMalcolmConnection 03-30-2005 08:38 AM

Also, Betts had a great game against the Vikings. We should also start him over Portis, because Portis only averaged a few yards a carry.:Smoker:

sportscurmudgeon 04-01-2005 04:06 PM

Malcom:

Now cut that out. We both know that Portis and Betts are merely place holders in the RB position until the Skins can resign Sultan McCullough who is obviously a shooo-in for the HoF. We'll cut both Portis and Betts as soon as Sultan is back on the scene...