Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fred Davis Bye Bye (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=56270)

mredskins 01-24-2014 11:54 AM

Fred Davis Bye Bye

[url=http://tracking.si.com/2014/01/24/fred-davis-redskins-suspension/?eref=sihp]Report: Redskins TE Fred Davis faces suspension for failed marijuana*test | SI Wire[/url]

What a waste of talent.

NYCskinfan82 01-24-2014 11:57 AM

Re: Fred Davis Bye Bye

There's nothing worse than wasted TALENT. With a PUFF of smoke he's gone.

MTK 01-24-2014 12:00 PM

I thought he was a long shot to return regardless.

What a dummy.

EARTHQUAKE2689 01-24-2014 12:04 PM

The man Loves his weed.

CRedskinsRule 01-24-2014 12:04 PM

With marijuana becoming more and more acceptable (not legal yet) it's a shame to see the NFL ban a talented player for something like this. Yeah, I know, its illegal, and there is a whole thread on this topic in the [URL="http://www.thewarpath.net/debating-with-the-enemy/42514-war-drugs-cant-won-according-global-11.html"]debating with the enemies [/URL] section. But so many lives have been wasted over such a meaningless prohibition. The NFL should tacitly acknowledge the changing world, and just offer rehab and help, not extreme punishments.

skinsfaninok 01-24-2014 12:07 PM

Yawn

CRedskinsRule 01-24-2014 12:08 PM

Further, I think this lowers his cost, keep him, and let him get back on track with a new coaching staff.

Gary84Clark 01-24-2014 12:17 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1057231]Further, I think this lowers his cost, keep him, and let him get back on track with a new coaching staff.[/quote]

I agree on the vet minimum but he is gonna miss 6 games.

Ruhskins 01-24-2014 12:18 PM

I thought he was one suspension away from being done for a while after the last time he got trouble?

MTK 01-24-2014 12:19 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1057231]Further, I think this lowers his cost, keep him, and let him get back on track with a new coaching staff.[/quote]

What makes you think he'll be any different going into his 7th season with his 3rd coaching staff?

If he hasn't gotten it by now maybe it's time to just move on.

RedskinRat 01-24-2014 12:20 PM

Yeah, I'm noticing a trend. Get rid of him.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

mredskins 01-24-2014 12:27 PM

[quote=Mattyk;1057234]What makes you think he'll be any different going into his 7th season with his 3rd coaching staff?

If he hasn't gotten it by now maybe it's time to just move on.[/quote]

7th season? God good time to cut this dude loose. I had not realized he been here so long.

You do any job for 7 years and still can't get it then time to move on.

Paintrain 01-24-2014 12:29 PM

[quote=Mattyk;1057234]What makes you think he'll be any different going into his 7th season with his 3rd coaching staff?

Yeah, exactly. He's already cost us 4 games on a suspension, why give him another 6? It handicaps the roster to keep him around at this point.

mooby 01-24-2014 12:31 PM

I'm surprised it's only 6, I thought he was facing a year long suspension for his next failed test.

Monkeydad 01-24-2014 12:35 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1057229]With marijuana becoming more and more acceptable (not legal yet) it's a shame to see the NFL ban a talented player for something like this. Yeah, I know, its illegal, and there is a whole thread on this topic in the [URL="http://www.thewarpath.net/debating-with-the-enemy/42514-war-drugs-cant-won-according-global-11.html"]debating with the enemies [/URL] section. But so many lives have been wasted over such a meaningless prohibition. The NFL should tacitly acknowledge the changing world, and just offer rehab and help, not extreme punishments.[/quote]

It's still illegal in most places. So should the league also ignore players with DUIs, Giants players who shoot themselves in the leg in NYC clubs, QBs who rape and those who kill animals, and players getting in altercations with cops, wives, baby mommas and random strangers?

Sure, there's a degree of how many people those crimes effect but they're still crimes and the league probably is within its rights to suspend and try to control their employees as they wish. The game has to be kept somewhat family-friendly as much as possible to remain profitable. Take a look at the NBA, who has far less of a grasp on its players' behavior than the NFL.

I know the pot fanatics think it's all innocent and harmless, but at this point it's still a primarily illegal activity no matter how many people want to change the law.

Monkeydad 01-24-2014 12:37 PM

[quote=mooby;1057243]I'm surprised it's only 6, I thought he was facing a year long suspension for his next failed test.[/quote]

Me too, I thought it went 4 games, full season, indefinite for #3.

Perhaps it's not pot again and a different offense? PEDs this time?

Who knows, but he's worthless to the team if he can't stay clean and on the field.

Chico23231 01-24-2014 12:46 PM

Sounds like the guy has a serious problem with weed, probably should seek some help.

SmootSmack 01-24-2014 12:51 PM

[quote=Monkeydad;1057245]Me too, I thought it went 4 games, full season, indefinite for #3.

Perhaps it's not pot again and a different offense? PEDs this time?

Who knows, but he's worthless to the team if he can't stay clean and on the field.[/quote]

Catch up on the policy here. [url]http://images.nflplayers.com/mediaResources/files/PDFs/PlayerDevelopment/2010%20Drug%20Policy.pdf[/url]

CRedskinsRule 01-24-2014 12:53 PM

I am more thinking the NFL is going to get less strict on this type of infraction, and that JG is NOT MS in terms of just giving up on players. He's not going to be an expensive keep, and with JReed's uncertainty with health, he's a good backup. Seems like a win for the Redskins to me.

CRedskinsRule 01-24-2014 12:57 PM

[quote=Monkeydad;1057244]It's still illegal in most places. So should the league also ignore players with DUIs, Giants players who shoot themselves in the leg in NYC clubs, QBs who rape and those who kill animals, and players getting in altercations with cops, wives, baby mommas and random strangers?

Sure, there's a degree of how many people those crimes effect but they're still crimes and the league probably is within its rights to suspend and try to control their employees as they wish. The game has to be kept somewhat family-friendly as much as possible to remain profitable. Take a look at the NBA, who has far less of a grasp on its players' behavior than the NFL.

I know the pot fanatics think it's all innocent and harmless, but at this point it's still a primarily illegal activity no matter how many people want to change the law.[/quote]

smoking pot is in no way equivalent to your strawmen. Goodell has already made some points about using marijuana for medical reasons.

mredskins 01-24-2014 12:57 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;1057248]Catch up on the policy here. [URL]http://images.nflplayers.com/mediaResources/files/PDFs/PlayerDevelopment/2010%20Drug%20Policy.pdf[/URL][/quote]

MD is confused.

MTK 01-24-2014 01:03 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1057249]I am more thinking the NFL is going to get less strict on this type of infraction, and that JG is NOT MS in terms of just giving up on players. He's not going to be an expensive keep, and with JReed's uncertainty with health, he's a good backup. Seems like a win for the Redskins to me.[/quote]

Well for right now he's facing 6 games, and I don't see the league easing up overnight, could be years down the line.

The fact he's done this 3 times now, along with off the field stuff like falling asleep in meetings, tossing a drink in a woman's face, etc., tells me maybe we can do without a guy like this who obviously isn't very committed to his career.

Monkeydad 01-24-2014 01:03 PM

[quote=mredskins;1057251]MD is confused.[/quote]

Guess you have to insult mooby too. :doh:

CRedskinsRule has the exact casual acceptance that I described in my post. I wasn't making any judgments about it being right or wrong (although I do have my opinion on it) but about the league picking and choosing which crimes and convictions to ignore and which to punish for. Commissioner Goodell has been emphasizing player conduct since Day 1.

CRedskinsRule 01-24-2014 01:09 PM

[quote=Mattyk;1057252]Well for right now he's facing 6 games, and I don't see the league easing up overnight, could be years down the line.

The fact he's done this 3 times now, along with off the field stuff like falling asleep in meetings, tossing a drink in a woman's face, etc., tells me maybe we can do without a guy like this who obviously isn't very committed to his career.[/quote]
Fair enough. I am not lobbying hard for him. But if he came back at vet min for the last 10 games, and SB run :), I'd be ok with it.

Chico23231 01-24-2014 01:09 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1057229]With marijuana becoming more and more acceptable (not legal yet) it's a shame to see the NFL ban a talented player for something like this. Yeah, I know, its illegal, and there is a whole thread on this topic in the [URL="http://www.thewarpath.net/debating-with-the-enemy/42514-war-drugs-cant-won-according-global-11.html"]debating with the enemies [/URL] section. But so many lives have been wasted over such a meaningless prohibition. [B]The NFL should tacitly acknowledge the changing world, and just offer rehab and help, not extreme punishments[/B].[/quote]

I would agree, but the bothersome thing to me is he put his career in jeopardy fully knowing the consquences. If I or any of us were told "hey dont do this or you will be fired" then we most likely would quit the activity. Could it be addiction? Sure, but he was given the opportunity to seek help. Another thing is the public knowledge. If everyone knew I had issue keeping clean at work and in the public, I would be embarressed and it would motivate me to clean up. Some people just dont give a damn. This is the same guy who came clean to the public "yeah, I sleep in meetings", I mean com'on man!

CRedskinsRule 01-24-2014 01:13 PM

[quote=Monkeydad;1057253]Guess you have to insult mooby too. :doh:

CRedskinsRule has the exact casual acceptance that I described in my post. I wasn't making any judgments about it being right or wrong (although I do have my opinion on it) but about the league picking and choosing which crimes and convictions to ignore and which to punish for. Commissioner Goodell has been emphasizing player conduct since Day 1.[/quote]

casual acceptance about a law that likely is on it's last legs is HUGELY different than the crimes you listed as your false analogies. We, as a society, set different levels of punishments for every single broken law, hence why there are misdemeanors all the way to class 1 felonies. It takes a very very stupid individual to compare testing positive for pot to rape, felony assault or the others that were listed in the previous post.

CRedskinsRule 01-24-2014 01:17 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1057255]I would agree, but the bothersome thing to me is he put his career in jeopardy fully knowing the consquences. If I or any of us were told "hey dont do this or you will be fired" then we most likely would quit the activity. Could it be addiction? Sure, but he was given the opportunity to seek help. Another thing is the public knowledge. If everyone knew I had issue keeping clean at work and in the public, I would be embarressed and it would motivate me to clean up. Some people just dont give a damn. This is the same guy who came clean to the public "yeah, I sleep in meetings", I mean com'on man![/quote]
Not arguing this part. If he goes, cya.

DynamiteRave 01-24-2014 01:40 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1057256]casual acceptance about a law that likely is on it's last legs is HUGELY different than the crimes you listed as your false analogies. We, as a society, set different levels of punishments for every single broken law, hence why there are misdemeanors all the way to class 1 felonies. It takes a very very stupid individual to compare testing positive for pot to rape, felony assault or the others that were listed in the previous post.[/quote]

Pot is the gateway to rape, rape is the gateway to being gay and being gay is the gateway to being Obama.

Damnit, you need to learn how the world works!

diehardskin2982 01-24-2014 01:42 PM

He shouldn't be in the league. Fred makes millions of dollars to play a kids game and he can't keep his nose clean. He should be someone else's problem. I'm sure the Raiders will be calling.

No one who makes Stadium the gentleman's club his second home should be on this roster in 2014. He needs to take his career seriously.

skinsfan69 01-24-2014 01:45 PM

Davis has the brain of an 16 year old.

mredskins 01-24-2014 01:46 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;1057258]Pot is the gateway to rape, rape is the gateway to being gay and being gay is the gateway to being Obama.

Damnit, you need to learn how the world works![/quote]

MD sign off of D-Rave's account please.

DynamiteRave 01-24-2014 01:49 PM

[quote=diehardskin2982;1057259]He shouldn't be in the league. Fred makes millions of dollars to play a kids game and he can't keep his nose clean. He should be someone else's problem. I'm sure the Raiders will be calling.

No one who makes Stadium the gentleman's club his second home should be on this roster in 2014. He needs to take his career seriously.[/quote]

I live not too far from Stadium... about 15 minutes away and it looks nice from the outside but by the stories I hear I'm afraid to place is sweaty and smelly, the floor is sticky and the girls have bullet wounds and c-section scars.

CRedskinsRule 01-24-2014 01:58 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;1057258]Pot is the gateway to rape, rape is the gateway to being gay and being gay is the gateway to being Obama.

Damnit, you need to learn how the world works![/quote]
This post is as awesome as posts come!

NC_Skins 01-24-2014 02:23 PM

I guess Mike's doghouse ended up being renovated into a grow house. SMOKE IF YOU GOT EM!

Fred is now submitting his application to work in one of the marijuana distribution centers in Colorado.

Kindoy 01-24-2014 02:35 PM

[quote=Monkeydad;1057244]It's still illegal in most places. So should the league also ignore players with DUIs, Giants players who shoot themselves in the leg in NYC clubs, QBs who rape and those who kill animals, and players getting in altercations with cops, wives, baby mommas and random strangers?

I know the pot fanatics think it's all innocent and harmless, but at this point it's still a primarily illegal activity no matter how many people want to change the law.[/quote]

So is jaywalking. We should really crack down on these jaywalkers… it's illegal in most places.

Also not sure the NBA has [I]far[/I] less of a grasp on it's players.

Schneed10 01-24-2014 02:41 PM

I don't really care what the rules in the NFL should be. I only care what they are and whether our players follow them. This guy has a clear disregard for the rules, so much so that he's going to do whatever he wants, even if it means letting his teammates down and sitting out games.

Not someone I want on my team. I want someone who understands that availability is the number one ability, and will do whatever it takes to be available, even if it means abiding by the silliest of rules.

GONE.

Kindoy 01-24-2014 02:43 PM

Millions of dollars or a hit off the blunt - life's harder decisions.

jamf 01-24-2014 03:13 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;1057262]I live not too far from Stadium... about 15 minutes away and it looks nice from the outside but by the stories I hear I'm afraid to place is sweaty and smelly, the floor is sticky and the girls have bullet wounds and c-section scars.[/quote]

I need to find this place.

mooby 01-24-2014 03:17 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;1057248]Catch up on the policy here. [URL]http://images.nflplayers.com/mediaResources/files/PDFs/PlayerDevelopment/2010%20Drug%20Policy.pdf[/URL][/quote]

Thanks for sharing. That cleared things up.

Monkeydad 01-24-2014 03:22 PM

[quote=Schneed10;1057274][B]I don't really care what the rules in the NFL should be. [SIZE="4"] I only care what they are and whether our players follow them.[/SIZE][/B] This guy has a clear disregard for the rules, so much so that he's going to do whatever he wants, even if it means letting his teammates down and sitting out games.

Not someone I want on my team. I want someone who understands that availability is the number one ability, and will do whatever it takes to be available, even if it means abiding by the silliest of rules.

GONE.[/quote]

Well said. This is the concept of responsibility and maturity that the "pot is like jaywalking" crowd around here and in society do not understand.

Your employer has rules. There are also laws to follow.

If you abide by them you have your job and you stay out of legal trouble. If you ignore them because you think you're above them or they're rules you disagree with, prepare for the consequences.

Fred Davis has already gotten many more chances than many of us would have received in our own jobs...a company would probably fire someone who is on drugs, sleeps on the clock and misses as many days as he reports to work. He's blown his chance at having his dream job. I don't understand why so many people want to defend this slacker and screw-up. I guess they just want that type of behavior to be acceptable so they can do the same without being accountable for their actions.