Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   Speaking of buying or renting... (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/5637-speaking-of-buying-or-renting.html)

TheMalcolmConnection 03-29-2005 02:54 PM

Speaking of buying or renting...

To everyone that has been up on the buying or renting thread, I had a question. I can't quite afford to buy right now. I'm waiting until I get married and the girlfriend and I finally move in together to work on that. Right now, I'm looking at moving into a studio apartment. I don't have a whole lot of stuff and I don't need a huge amount of room. The room is 14x17' with a separate bathroom and kitchen.

Anyone ever lived in a studio? I know some benefits are that the utilities will be crazy cheap AND the location of this place to where I work is about a 5 minute walk.

Gmanc711 03-29-2005 04:42 PM

Re: Speaking of buying or renting...

Actually speaking of this Malcom, I have never lived in one, however I'm going to be moving into one this August when I move for the next two years of College. So I second this question to anyone.

skinznut 03-29-2005 05:35 PM

I lived in a studio apartment 14 years ago shortly after I moved out of my parent's place. It was really cheap. The utilities were included in the rent and I still payed less than $300 a month. It would probably be more now. I had a living room which doubled as my bedroom, a small kitchen and an average sized bathroom. When you're single and don't plan on having over a lot of company, it's the way to go. I liked it while I was there.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-29-2005 05:56 PM

I just went to look at it this afternoon and it was GREAT. It is just big enough for me and I'm going to put a sleeper sofa in it to make it a living room by day and a bedroom by night.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-29-2005 05:57 PM

I typically have a lot of company, especially on the weekends, but if you arrange the seating right, you can have a nice place. Mine has a balcony which was the main selling point.

skinznut 03-29-2005 07:55 PM

That does sound nice. I wish I had the money back when I had mine to get a sleeper sofa even though I find them to be uncomfortable. That ought to make things a whole lot easier for you. The balcony is just a great added bonus.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-29-2005 09:25 PM

I feel the same about sleeper sofas. The good thing is I can live at home until I move in in May and save up big bucks to have a NICE sleeper sofa. I have slept on some at my richer relatives houses and mistaken them for couches.

Too bad nobody lives closer by, I'd be down to have a hell of an apartment warming party!

BDBohnzie 03-30-2005 11:31 AM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]Too bad nobody lives closer by, I'd be down to have a hell of an apartment warming party![/QUOTE]
but then, you'd be looking for a new place to live! ;)

TheMalcolmConnection 03-30-2005 11:33 AM

Hahaha... I'm sure. Last time I had an apartment warming party, I think the total damages from carpet and wall stains was like 200 bucks when I left.