Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Stop complaining about Champ Bailey (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/5661-stop-complaining-about-champ-bailey.html)

jdlea 03-30-2005 06:41 PM

Stop complaining about Champ Bailey

First of all, why did Champ have any reason to believe the Joe Gibbs era would be different than anyone else's? Joe has more credentials and everything else, but he's not a spring chicken. If I were Champ I would have worried that could leave at any time. Champ played for 1 less coach than he had years in the league when he was with Washington. I think he played 1 1/2 season for Norv and 2 for Spurrier. Spurrier left then we got Joe. The guy that Snyder wanted all along, right? Wrong. That was supposed to have been Spurrier.

Second, I'm tired of this "he plays for the money" bullsh*t. Yeah, he got a bigger contract in Denver. You know what sold him on it? The contract is front loaded. If he had signed the same deal with the Skins he would have had to restructure 3 years in or have been cut. Just because he played bad doesn't mean he doesn't care. Another question...did we make the playoffs last year? No. Did Denver? Yes. Was Denver a better team than Washington? Yes. I don't care if they got blown out, we weren't anywhere near a playoff caliber team.

Finally, we [B]TRADED[/B] Champ Bailey. He didn't pick where he wanted to go. We got a top flite running back for him. Clinton Portis is as good a back as there is in this league so let it go! Champ for Portis. OMG, we gave up a second round pick. So what? If he played well we wouldn't have resigned him anyway, so what does it really matter?

Bottom line. He went to a better team and a better situation. Say what you want about them not winning playoff games, at least they play em. Say what you want about Plummer at least he lead em to the playoffs. Say what you want about the money...Denver's better. Bailey and a 2nd for Portis? Even after a "sub par" I'd still make that deal any day of the weak and twice on Sundays.

PSUSkinsFan21 03-30-2005 06:56 PM

Re: Stop complaining about Champ Bailey

I'm sorry, but this site is for Redskins fans. Perhaps you can track down a similar Broncos site if you'd like to spend the day riding Champ's jock and spouting off about how much better the Broncos have been in recent years than the skins.

"First of all, why did Champ have any reason to believe the Joe Gibbs era would be different than anyone else's?"

I don't know, maybe three rings and being a hall of fame coach would have something to do with it.

"Just because he played bad doesn't mean he doesn't care."

Nope, it just means he's overpaid and overrated.

"Another question...did we make the playoffs last year? No. Did Denver? Yes. Was Denver a better team than Washington? Yes. I don't care if they got blown out, we weren't anywhere near a playoff caliber team."

See initial comment above

"Bottom line. He went to a better team and a better situation. Say what you want about them not winning playoff games, at least they play em."

And that and 50 cents will get you a candy bar.
Twelve teams make the playoffs every year, it's not that exclusive of a club.

"Say what you want about Plummer at least he lead em to the playoffs."

Plummer's not even worth commenting on.

JWsleep 03-30-2005 07:36 PM

Champ who? :sleep:

KLHJ2 03-30-2005 07:37 PM

First of all, we are going to take shots at Chump, because we are fans and that is what we do to opposing teams players. We will especially do it if that player used to play for us. Secondly, in todays NFL you can not always predict which team is going to be good, bad, or straight up ugly. And lastly, we franchise tagged that S.O.B. which means that he would have been paid the average of the top 5 players at his position for one year. So now after all of this we are still bagging on Chump and you have run out of excuses for him.

azskinsfan2 03-30-2005 07:37 PM

We didn't lose a thing by trading Champ. We got Portis (which we really needed) then picked up Springs (who didn't lose a beat to Champ). Now if we can only do the same thing after losing Smoot and Pierce!!!

saden1 03-30-2005 07:58 PM

Mike Shanahan isn't a slouch either...He won his share of SB and he was certainly at the helm of a more stable franchise when Champ left. I still have love for Champ but he is old news.

Gmanc711 03-30-2005 08:16 PM

Hey when he stops talking junk about the skins', I'll leave him alone. I'll root for a guy like Fred Smoot because he didnt come out and bash everything (yet, I hope) and think his sh*t dont stink.

djnemo65 03-30-2005 09:51 PM

Also Champ criticized Springs and Smoot on Rome's show which was uncalled for. My beef with him is not that he left - I'm so glad we don't have 60 mil tied up in him right now - but just his brash and arrogant attitude. Clearly he is not the best CB in football, but he insists on reiterating that ad nauseum. Gets humiliated by Chad Johnson on TV and still claims "im the best." He is a real life Leon.

Also, there's his constant bashing of the Skins. Could it be Champ is mad that Gibbs and Co. did the right thing in trading him and not overpaying him?
I think its real hard to argue against Champ being way overrated at this point. That has become the consensus among NFL experts.

celts32 03-30-2005 10:47 PM

Fu*k champ! Not for leaving Washington, that was his right. Fu*k him for his personal crusade against the Redskins ever since he left...

jdlea 03-30-2005 11:06 PM

I think you all just perceive it as a personal crusade. So what he said he didn't think the Skins have a good organization? They don't.

Also, Fred Smoot called him. And he did it every week during the season, too. So what if he called him right before he left. He wouldn't have left if he wanted to stay.

And as for him calling Courtney Brown...so what? The guy was trying to make a decision about what team to go to and Champ's team was one of them!

As for me not being a Skins fan...I'm a realist. I'm a football fan. I don't ride Snyder's jock like 90% of this site. I don't like the Broncos. I was merely pointing out that they had a better team than us last year. So how can people say he plays for the money if he went to a winning team?

It also says "knowledgeable" on the logo since you wanna throw out that "this is a site for Skins fans"...like I didn't know that. Maybe you should bring some more knowledge PSUSkinsFan21. I actually back up my agruements with facts not conjecture. Oh, 12 teams make the playoffs? Thanks for clearing that up...and the club isn't that exclusive? If not, how come we were no where near em?

Gibbs has 3 rings? When did he win the last one? How old is he again? His health could fail (God Forbid) and he could be out of coaching tomorrow. Oh, and how did the Gibbs era start?

Finally, since you attacked chunks of my post...why didn't you attack any of the facts? Why didn't you attack the part about the coaches he's played for? Maybe he wanted some continuity. Saden1 got it absolutely right.

Daseal 03-30-2005 11:10 PM

[quote]I'm sorry, but this site is for Redskins fans. Perhaps you can track down a similar Broncos site if you'd like to spend the day riding Champ's jock and spouting off about how much better the Broncos have been in recent years than the skins.[/quote]

Everyone that doesn't have your opinion isn't a Redskins fan, I see.

jdlea 03-30-2005 11:15 PM

My whole point is [B]"who cares?"[/B] He's not a Redskin. So what if he doesn't like em. I don't even like the front office. I think the Skins have one of the worst organizations in the league. I like the coaching staff and the players. I don't like Snyder. I don't like Cerrato. I'm skeptical about the Skins because I've been snake bitten by promise. It won't happen again.

Anyway, who cares what Champ thinks. He should worry about covering people on national TV. He should also figure out why Amani Toomer always put him in the toaster. I don't care if he runs his mouth. I think you all overblow some of what he says. The Courtney Brown thing...nobody even had a quote about him saying anything about the Skins. I can understand those of you for not liking him for talking about the Skins...my post was more about those who hate him for leaving or those who say he plays for the money. Or those who try to bash his size and say he'll get killed if he plays WR. I, personally, don't care what he says about the Skins. He's not one. He'll never be one again. I couldn't care less about Denver. I hate the team. The only reason I ever watched em is because I had Quentin Griffin starting in week 1 on my Fantasy Football team.

When it all comes down to it, anything Champ says is irrevelant. Until he starts putting up on the field again, his mouth is writing checks his ass can't cash.

BigSKINBauer 03-30-2005 11:43 PM

BigSKINBauer 03-30-2005 11:46 PM

[QUOTE=jdlea]First of all, why did Champ have any reason to believe the Joe Gibbs era would be different than anyone else's? Joe has more credentials and everything else, but he's not a spring chicken. If I were Champ I would have worried that could leave at any time. Champ played for 1 less coach than he had years in the league when he was with Washington. I think he played 1 1/2 season for Norv and 2 for Spurrier. Spurrier left then we got Joe. The guy that Snyder wanted all along, right? Wrong. That was supposed to have been Spurrier.

Second, I'm tired of this "he plays for the money" bullsh*t. Yeah, he got a bigger contract in Denver. You know what sold him on it? The contract is front loaded. If he had signed the same deal with the Skins he would have had to restructure 3 years in or have been cut. Just because he played bad doesn't mean he doesn't care. Another question...did we make the playoffs last year? No. Did Denver? Yes. Was Denver a better team than Washington? Yes. I don't care if they got blown out, we weren't anywhere near a playoff caliber team.

Finally, we [b]TRADED[/b] Champ Bailey. He didn't pick where he wanted to go. We got a top flite running back for him. Clinton Portis is as good a back as there is in this league so let it go! Champ for Portis. OMG, we gave up a second round pick. So what? If he played well we wouldn't have resigned him anyway, so what does it really matter?

Bottom line. He went to a better team and a better situation. Say what you want about them not winning playoff games, at least they play em. Say what you want about Plummer at least he lead em to the playoffs. Say what you want about the money...Denver's better. Bailey and a 2nd for Portis? Even after a "sub par" I'd still make that deal any day of the weak and twice on Sundays.[/QUOTE]

this post was a waste of time. no one is unhappy w/ him leaving so u shut up about that, we are upset that he runs his mouth and u said, y we care that he runs his mouth. why the fuck would we not care, its our team and he continually runs his damn mouth all the time. he needs to shut the fuck up before we do.
Its our team and we defend it so thats why we talk about him.

he is jelous he needs spot light and he's a damn coward.

i just hope that he does play WR and plays that slot and catches a ball( he should catch alot of balls this year expecially after learning first hand how to catch them balls from chad johnson and the other WRs that smoked his arse this year..... nothing better than learning first hand.) down the middle and arrington and taylor destroy him... litterally destroy him when he goes down the middle. but he will be tired from chasin santana and david up and down that field

"Say what you want about them not winning playoff games, at least they play em. Say what you want about Plummer at least he lead em to the playoffs. Say what you want about the money...Denver's better. Bailey and a 2nd for Portis?" what did we say about plummer that is retarded, any ways the dumbass threw the ball w/ his left hand! and he didn't lead them to the playoffs he led them out of the playoffs

BigSKINBauer 03-30-2005 11:49 PM

[QUOTE=Daseal]Everyone that doesn't have your opinion isn't a Redskins fan, I see.[/QUOTE]

yup, he doesn't seem like a fan when he is defending only the broncos, there was absolutly no reason to talk about switch thrower plummer. jake the snake that has ideas that are half baked maybe he should stay awake when he throws the ball