Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   WR Andre Roberts has agreed to deal with Redskins (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/56774-wr-andre-roberts-has-agreed-deal.html)

Mattyk 03-11-2014 11:39 AM

WR Andre Roberts has agreed to deal with Redskins

Per several sources on Twitter, will be official at 4pm

mredskins 03-11-2014 11:41 AM

Re: WR Andre Roberts has agreed to deal with Redskins

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD-5PBUiMY0]Andre Roberts WR Highlights - YouTube[/url]

skinsfan69 03-11-2014 11:45 AM

Yawn....I can't get excited about a guy that caught 43 balls on a pass first team. If my math is correct that's about 2 and half catches a game when he should be drawing single coverage. We should already have a guy on the team that we can get this same production from.

CRedskinsRule 03-11-2014 11:49 AM

I heard him on Sirius the other day, and listening to the hosts and him talk my thoughts were he would be a great addition as Moss' successor. A slot guy, can go outside if needed. Not a number 1, but a real solid receiver. That said, I haven't seen him play, but sight unseen I give a plus 1 to this signing.

mredskins 03-11-2014 11:52 AM

[quote=skinsfan69;1062417]Yawn....I can't get excited about a guy that caught 43 balls on a pass first team. If my math is correct that's about 2 and half catches a game when he should be drawing single coverage. We should already have a guy on the team that we can get this same production from.[/quote]

Not building a Fantsay Team here. We need roll players.

You seem to be bringing the Debbie Downs this offseason; so far you are doing a great job.

Paintrain 03-11-2014 11:54 AM

Upgrade in the slot from Moss. Nice signing at decent money.

JoeRedskin 03-11-2014 11:56 AM

[quote=skinsfan69;1062417]Yawn....I can't get excited about a guy that caught 43 balls on a pass first team. If my math is correct that's about 2 and half catches a game when he should be drawing single coverage. We should already have a guy on the team that we can get this same production from.[/quote]

Well, he had Fitz (82 receptions/954 yards) and Michael Floyd (62/1054) ahead of him with C. Palmer throwing the ball - FLoyd would be some teams No. 1. The prior year, when the Cards went through a series of HORRIBLE QB's, Roberts had (64/759). He's a solid No. 2.

Just like folks said Garcon wasn't a true No.1, I think the same could be said of Roberts as a No.2. Garcon would be a No.1 on a lot of teams, but he also would be the No. 2 guy on several teams. I think the same could be said of Roberts in the No. 2 slot - start there for lots of teams, be the No. 3 on several teams. I hope he pans out for us as well as Garcon has.

KI Skins Fan 03-11-2014 11:58 AM

No message.

No message.

GTripp0012 03-11-2014 11:58 AM

Roberts at this price will be a much stronger addition a year from now when Garcon is a cap casualty. Assuming the Redskins aren't done signing receivers (spoiler: they aren't), his reps are going to be tough to come by this year.

Lotus 03-11-2014 11:58 AM

[quote=skinsfan69;1062417]Yawn....I can't get excited about a guy that caught 43 balls on a pass first team. If my math is correct that's about 2 and half catches a game when he should be drawing single coverage. [B]We should already have a guy on the team that we can get this same production from.[/B][/quote]

Who do we have?

1) Old Man Moss - maybe the same production as Roberts, but Roberts is in his prime whereas Moss is on the decline
2) Hankerson - when healthy - and when not dropping balls
3) Robinson - runs one route and then drops the ball

IMO Roberts is an excellent addition to the slot. He's not expected to be a #1.

GTripp0012 03-11-2014 11:59 AM

[quote=KI Skins Fan;1062435]Is there [U]anything[/U] the Redskins could do that you could be happy about? I don't think you'll be happy until Dan Snyder appoints you as GM![/quote]Cool your jets, you aren't the opinion police here.

talisin 03-11-2014 12:00 PM

I think this is a great singing for the money and what he can bring. Havent seen anyone mentioned it yet today, but in College he was an elite PR/KR. That is another angle for signing him I hope, he can step in and try it out for us. Havent seen him do it a ton in ARI, but check him out on youtube from college.

Andre Roberts (WR, The Citadel) Punt Return Highlights '08 - '09 - YouTube

Search him.

Meks 03-11-2014 12:02 PM

Fast. Solid hands. Good pick up for us.

Chico23231 03-11-2014 12:03 PM

[quote=GTripp0012;1062437]Roberts at this price will be a much stronger addition a year from now when Garcon is a cap casualty. Assuming the Redskins aren't done signing receivers (spoiler: they aren't), his reps are going to be tough to come by this year.[/quote]

Yeah, I saw couple reports stating Roberts goes opposite Garcon, but thats not the case. Roberts goes into the slot, but think we go really big WR on the outside.

Roberts isnt going to be a 5 yards and out in the slot, Gruden will send the slot downfield a good amount, opens Garcon up underneath.

Evilgrin 03-11-2014 12:05 PM

It's a stretch to say he is a solid #2. He is versatile, probably an upgrade over Moss at his current age and production. He also will do some kick returning for us. I think the contract will be very reasonable, and he fills alot of needs for us. I'd expect some catches in the flat for him also.