Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Possible MLB? (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/5704-possible-mlb.html)

PSUskinsfan11 04-01-2005 06:30 PM

Possible MLB?

I know Barrow is "ahead of schedule" and Clifton Smith is promising, BUT the Texans just released Jamie Sharper. I don't know what kind of money he would want but this guy is a monster. He is a 9 year vet but he has at least 4 years left in him. I wonder if we will give him a look. I know Barrow's cap hit isn't very big if he is released so it could be possible.

Skinsfanatic 04-01-2005 06:37 PM

Re: Possible MLB?

Excellent idea, I was about to post it myself.

SKINSnCANES 04-01-2005 07:13 PM

why was he released? was it for cap reasons, injuries, performance?

I agree hes worth looking at if barrow doesnt look like he;ll be ready, and like you said, assuming he doesnt want big money.

Didnt Gibbs say they were done looking at free agency though? I guess you are never really dotn looking at it if someone new is realeased, but we dot have much money and do have to sign the 9th pick in the draft.

BigSKINBauer 04-01-2005 07:34 PM

i mean we could sign him and keep barrow, barrow will only save us like 70000 dollars or somin like that this year, i think. I don't think we could afford any more big name players. but it would be nice. I just hope barrow gets better and if he does i don't see any need of any other player.

PSUskinsfan11 04-01-2005 07:40 PM

he was only released because of cap

madisonwm 04-01-2005 07:44 PM

i am an alum of the college of william and mary, and i had the pleasure to see his brother darren play, and if he's anything like his brother i think he could be a solid player for us.........(unfortunately jamie had chosen to be a cavalier instead of following in his brothers tribe footsteps in college....but i can overlook that if we can get brokass barrow out of here....

CRT3 04-01-2005 07:44 PM

He was released because the Texans are going to a 3-4 and need more speed. He is an outside linebacker and I believe he plays the SAM position. Don't think this would be a smart fit for us. Anybody see the Broncos pick up of Dayne. I have always liked him and he should really help them out considering we stole Portis from them. Thanks Champ

SKINSnCANES 04-01-2005 07:53 PM

Even with them trading Droughns, why would they get Danye. Dayne wanted to go somewhere to prove himsefl. Denver would make him look good if he played, but hes behind Mike Anderson, Tatum Bell already on the depth chart.

Mattyk 04-01-2005 07:58 PM

He may be worth a look, but I think we're pretty set with Barrow (assuming he's healthy), Marshall and Smith.

jdlea 04-02-2005 12:15 AM

I think Ron Dayne is a fraud. IMO he's one of the worst backs in the league has ever seen. Laurence Phillips bad. He's done nothing but steal money during his NFL career. He had one good season and one good game last year. If I were Denver I wouldn't have picked him up...that said, Denver will probably make a 1500 yard rusher out of him...lol.

Wow...talk about a run-on sentence

Big C 04-02-2005 01:26 AM

i thought he got released cuz he didnt want to be there anymore or something. but hes solid, great tackler, gettin a little old tho

DragoJT87 04-02-2005 06:01 PM

Sharper was 7th in the league last year in tackles with 139 and led the league in 2003 with 166. This guy would be a steal if he's not looking for a lot of money. Even if he had one tackle last year he would have been more productive than Barrow. I am, however, extremely partial to homegrown talent and it would be nice to have Marshall or Smith be the starter.

mooby 04-02-2005 07:56 PM

i don't think the skins will go after him. they probably feel that lemar marshall deserves it after the way he played last year, and jamie sharper might want big money. i would release barrow, and that crappy center, cory raymer, now that we have casey rabach. these guys both were busts. plus with us trading rod gardner that would free up about two million more under the cap. and joe gibbs said he was finished shopping in free agency, but if somebody got released the skins might be interested in him.

Daseal 04-03-2005 10:50 AM

You say you're finished shopping, but if a good cheap player falls on your doorstep you gotta pick him up if you can!

BigSKINBauer 04-03-2005 11:44 AM

[QUOTE=Daseal]You say you're finished shopping, but if a good cheap player falls on your doorstep you gotta pick him up if you can![/QUOTE]

how cheap is he gonna come? ballpark figure? anyone