Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pick 78 - Spencer Long - G - Nebraska (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=57427)

warriorzpath 05-10-2014 11:51 AM

Re: Pick 78 - Spencer Long - G - Nebraska

I think this is the draft that the current personnel front office will show their worth. Personally I think they get too cute with the picks and outsmart themselves by picking unknown under the radar players. Almost seemingly going out of their way to do so.

Evilgrin 05-10-2014 03:17 PM

Think this guy will end up being a stud, very smart, was a walkon!

ethat001 05-14-2014 09:23 PM

[QUOTE]
[url=http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/80981/big-ten-rankings-no-12-spencer-long]Big Ten rankings: No. 12, Spencer Long - Big Ten Blog - ESPN[/url]

Long is also an outstanding student who is interested in attending medical school when his playing days are over. But the way he's been going, that might be a long time from now.
[/QUOTE]

Wow, interested in med school, eh? Not sure how smart you have to be to play guard, but if they're considering moving him to center - it would seem he has the intelligence..

T.O.Killa 05-14-2014 10:10 PM

I am starting to love this pick. I have made myself like this draft like I do with every Redskins draft.

Here is what he did at his pro day. Just so everyone knows he did not tear his ACL. He tore his PCL and MCL. Not nearly as serious as the ACL. He is ready to go.

Long said he thinks he did what he had to do in testing two weeks ago. The 6-foot-5, 316-pounder ran the 40-yard dash in 5.03 seconds and posted a 4.4 in the pro agility and a 7.23 in the three-cone drill. All of those times would have put him among the top 10 guards at the combine.

[url=http://www.omaha.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20140504/HUSKERS/140509279/1685]Former Husker Spencer Long moves to make up lost time as NFL draft nears - Omaha.com[/url]

MTK 05-15-2014 09:32 AM

[quote=warriorzpath;1071645]I think this is the draft that the current personnel front office will show their worth. Personally I think they get too cute with the picks and outsmart themselves by picking unknown under the radar players. Almost seemingly going out of their way to do so.[/quote]

Who are the unknowns? Everyone they drafted this year are pretty easy to find in any draft mag or online rankings.

KI Skins Fan 05-15-2014 11:39 AM

[quote=Mattyk;1072286]Who are the unknowns? Everyone they drafted this year are pretty easy to find in any draft mag or online rankings.[/quote]

I would have been concerned about the FO if they had picked only the players I thought they should pick. Then, clearly, they wouldn't have been doing a thorough job.

How many people here knew much of anything about Alfred Morris before the Skins picked him last year?

Answer: Very few.

How many people here wanted the Skins to draft Shane Skov this year when nobody drafted him (not that he can't make a roster)?

Answer: Many.

The stark naked truth is that most of us on this site - myself included - don't know jack about drafting players. We don't even know the criteria the Skins use to evaluate players. In short, we're in the dark. We can only hope that the FO did a good job.

MTK 05-15-2014 11:48 AM

[quote=KI Skins Fan;1072294]I would have been concerned about the FO if they had picked only the players I thought they should pick. Then, clearly, they wouldn't have been doing a thorough job.

How many people here knew much of anything about Alfred Morris before the Skins picked him last year?

How many people here wanted the Skins to draft Shane Skov this year when nobody drafted him (not that he can't make a roster)?

The stark naked truth is that most of us on this site - myself included - don't know jack about drafting players. We don't even know the criteria the Skins use to evaluate players. In short, we're in the dark. We can only hope that the FO did a good job.[/quote]

Definitely agree. And of course the work that goes into evaluating players is far beyond watching some highlight videos on youtube.

Hog1 05-15-2014 11:57 AM

[quote=Mattyk;1072295]Definitely agree. And of course the work that goes into [B]evaluating players is far beyond watching some highlight videos on youtube[/B].[/quote]
BS..........just ask me.

mredskins 05-15-2014 01:30 PM

[quote=KI Skins Fan;1072294]I would have been concerned about the FO if they had picked only the players I thought they should pick. Then, clearly, they wouldn't have been doing a thorough job.

The stark naked truth is that most of us on this site - myself included - don't know jack about drafting players. We don't even know the criteria the Skins use to evaluate players. In short, we're in the dark. We can only hope that the FO did a good job.[/quote]

This is a good post but excludes GTripp who is the next Mel Kipper.

NYCskinfan82 05-15-2014 02:00 PM

[quote=mredskins;1072301]This is a good post but excludes GTripp who is the next Mel Kipper.[/quote]

Question who has better hair.