Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Reaction to Draft: exceeds, meets, or meh (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=57450)

Gary84Clark 05-20-2014 03:41 PM

Re: Reaction to Draft: exceeds, meets, or meh

Well cool I am just waiting to see on him.

SunnySide 05-04-2020 01:19 PM

[quote=Dirtbag59;1071893]I'll give this a shot.

[B]2 (47)[/B] [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]Trent Murphy - OLB - Stanford -[/COLOR][/B] [I][COLOR="Navy"]Grade B-[/COLOR][/I] - Really like the player, hate that we took him at this spot and at a position that actually has some depth. Might look a lot better next year if they can't resign Orakpo but still seems like a luxury pick. Hard to imagine him bulking up to much to play inside.

Apparently he came to the combine 10 pounds less then his listed playing weight so he might be a bit of a hard gainer.

[B]3(66)[/B] [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]Morgan Moses - OT - UVA[/COLOR][/B] - [I][COLOR="navy"]Grade A[/COLOR][/I] - Absolutely hate the game of chicken the front office played with the RT spot but it all worked out. Hopefully he can earn the starting job coming out of camp and will eventually become one of the leagues top bookend pairs along with Silverback.

[B]3(78)[/B] [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]Spencer Long - OG - Nebraska[/COLOR][/B] - [I][COLOR="navy"]Grade C[/COLOR][/I] - I would feel a lot better about this pick if he wasn't coming off season ending knee surgery. From the little I've seen he really looks like a solid player. Very nasty and hard working. Kind of wish they took him later but I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting in a couple years. I also wouldn't be surprised if they cut him in a couple years either.

[B]4(102)[/B] [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]Bashaud Breeland - CB - Clemson[/COLOR][/B] - [I][COLOR="navy"]Grade B+[/COLOR][/I] - I usually loathe CB's but Breeland doesn't seem to fit the stereotypical 'I don't feel like tackling' archetype for CB's. Seems to be very good at bump and run and as long as he's not asked to play on an island he should do really well. Also seems like he was good value for where he was picked.

[B]5(142)[/B] [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]Ryan Grant - WR - Tulane[/COLOR][/B] - [I][COLOR="navy"]Grade B[/COLOR][/I] - WR is a little crowded and I usually cringe at the idea of taking a WR however according to his reports he is excellent ball skills and runs crisp routes. Only knock seems to be he lacks big play speed. Regardless always a place in the league for guys that can catch and run good routes.

[B]6(186)[/B] [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]Lache Seastrunk - RB - Baylor[/COLOR][/B] - [I][COLOR="navy"]Grade B[/COLOR][/I] - For some reason I keep on think his name is Leon Sandcastle. Anyway love the agility and change of direction ability. Not sure if he'll make the team but should at least make the preseason more bearable.

[B]7(217)[/B] [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]Ted Bolser - TE - Indiana[/COLOR][/B] - [I][COLOR="navy"]Grade C-[/COLOR][/I] - Seems decent enough. I guess he could surprise but I'm not sure if he'll stick around. Kind of wish we got Jake Pedersen {TE Wisc}

[B]7(228)[/B] [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]Zach Hocker - K - Arkansas[/COLOR][/B] - [I][COLOR="navy"]Grade F[/COLOR][/I] - I know its a 7th round pick but it kind of feels like a waste. Ironically I wouldn't be surprised if he caught on somewhere else but yeah, maybe they wanted competition for Kai in camp and thought they couldn't sign Hocker to a UDFA contract.[/quote]

[IMG]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6e/d2/a3/6ed2a30f6daa1c671f03fb51580554c8.jpg[/IMG]

This was a great draft imo.

No 1st rounder
5 players still in the NFL

I remember thinking we got a steal in Seastrunk. Didnt he have huge thighs? I dont even know if he ever took a regular season NFL snap.

TKilla7126 05-16-2020 02:38 PM

I like our draft picks but only time will tell if I love them haha.

Wish we would've addressed the CB position but I have faith in Kyle Smith :httr: