Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins name Bruce Allen Team President/ GM (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=57611)

Redskin Warrior 05-27-2014 04:00 AM

Redskins name Bruce Allen Team President/ GM

[url=http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2014/05/26/redskins-give-bruce-allen-title-of-team-president/]Redskins give Bruce Allen title of ‘team president’ - The Washington Post[/url]

Was this a good move? What are your thoughts?

Dirtbag59 05-27-2014 06:57 AM

Re: Redskins name Bruce Allen Team President/ GM

For now its just a fancier sounding name that might come with a salary bump. In the interim it hardly affects the team. Long term though I can't help but wonder if Allen is being given the same career path as Rich McKay whose original claim to fame was being the GM of Tampa from the mid 90s to the early 2000's.

[url=http://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/staff/Rich-McKay/8c798a58-36f3-4bee-8c97-e13ecf8deb20]Atlanta Falcons: Rich McKay[/url]

[QUOTE]Falcons President & CEO, Rich McKay is entering his 10th season with the Atlanta Falcons. After serving the first eight years as President of the Atlanta Falcons, [B]McKay was promoted to President and CEO of the club by Owner and Chairman Arthur M. Blank on September 1, 2011.[/B]

McKay’s long-term involvement in the NFL includes many notable achievements. He played pivotal roles in two successful stadium negotiations (Atlanta and Tampa Bay), he was the General Manager and chief football architect for a Super Bowl championship team in Tampa Bay (XXXVII), he has served as an active participant within the NFL’s committee system to help advance the game and the NFL’s business and was substantially involved in the Collective Bargaining Agreement negotiations which led to the current multi-year agreement signed in 2011 with the NFL and the NFL Players Association.
[/QUOTE]

Chico23231 05-27-2014 09:01 AM

[quote=Redskin Warrior;1073014][url=http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2014/05/26/redskins-give-bruce-allen-title-of-team-president/]Redskins give Bruce Allen title of ‘team president’ - The Washington Post[/url]

Was this a good move? What are your thoughts?[/quote]

Seems to be more about a title change than anything. I think Bruce has done a decent job, well deserved.

Alvin Walton 05-27-2014 09:05 AM

If it puts more points on the board he can be the Queen of Naboo for all I care.

skinsguy 05-27-2014 09:22 AM

[quote=Alvin Walton;1073020]If it puts more points on the board he can be the Queen of Naboo for all I care.[/quote]

LOL! Well said!

Gary84Clark 05-27-2014 12:46 PM

That title means leave Dan alone.

KI Skins Fan 05-27-2014 01:19 PM

[quote=Alvin Walton;1073020]If it puts more points on the board he can be the Queen of Naboo for all I care.[/quote]

Snyder was going to give Allen that title but the Oprah Network had a copywrite on it as the working title of the Michael Sam documentary.

Schneed10 05-27-2014 01:59 PM

[quote=Gary84Clark;1073027]That title means leave Dan alone.[/quote]

Agreed, I think this is another move by Snyder to show publicly that he's not 'meddling'.

It also could be to move Bruce into a higher role so that there will be room for other roles with fancy titles to attract other front office execs. They may need a replacement for Morocco Brown, after all. Maybe it will be AJ Smith or Doug Williams, or maybe they're trying to bring someone else in.

saden1 05-27-2014 03:56 PM

When Bruce Allen fails, and he will, can we still blame Snyder? I would think I could since the buck still stops with him.

CRedskinsRule 05-27-2014 05:38 PM

[quote=saden1;1073037]When Bruce Allen fails, and he will, can we still blame Snyder? I would think I could since the buck still stops with him.[/quote]

If Bruce Allen succeeds, will you argue it was in spite of Dan Snyder? or will you give Snyder the credit?

saden1 05-27-2014 05:56 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1073043]If Bruce Allen succeeds, will you argue it was in spite of Dan Snyder? or will you give Snyder the credit?[/quote]

If Allen succeeds I will give him and Danny credit. Danny will get mad props for hiring him, giving him all those fantasy titles, and victories on the field.

Let's get real though, that won't happen...only the Brown's management and possibly Jerry Jones are dumber than this Redskins lot.

CRedskinsRule 05-27-2014 06:28 PM

[quote=saden1;1073048]If Allen succeeds I will give him and Danny credit. Danny will get mad props for hiring him, giving him all those fantasy titles, and victories on the field.

Let's get real though, that won't happen...only the Brown's management and possibly Jerry Jones are dumber than this Redskins lot.[/quote]

We will have to agree to disagree on the second part.

Ruhskins 05-28-2014 10:25 AM

[quote=saden1;1073048]If Allen succeeds I will give him and Danny credit. Danny will get mad props for hiring him, giving him all those fantasy titles, and victories on the field.

Let's get real though, that won't happen...only the Brown's management and possibly Jerry Jones are dumber than this Redskins lot.[/quote]

I don't understand what's so terrible about our management. Are you still living in the past during the glory days of Vinny? Yes, we had a losing season because our franchise QB messed up his knee, but I think over the past two seasons the team has made some good moves. Even Shanahan's departure was tamed compared to all the f*ck ups going on with other teams.

I'm not saying our management team is top notch, but I don't know how someone can say that we're "slightly better" than Cleveland or Dallas.

SmootSmack 05-28-2014 10:40 AM

[quote=Ruhskins;1073085]I don't understand what's so terrible about our management. Are you still living in the past during the glory days of Vinny? Yes, we had a losing season because our franchise QB messed up his knee, but I think over the past two seasons the team has made some good moves. Even Shanahan's departure was tamed compared to all the f*ck ups going on with other teams.

I'm not saying our management team is top notch, but I don't know how someone can say that we're "slightly better" than Cleveland or Dallas.[/quote]

My impression is that all that matters to saden is that Dan Snyder is the owner. Nothing else besides that matters. Our GM could be Ozzie Newsome and our HC Bill Belichick and it'd still be irrelevant

skinsfan69 05-28-2014 11:27 AM

No big deal here. Bottom line is this organization needs to do a better job picking players.

over the mountain 05-28-2014 01:04 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;1073085]

, but I don't know how someone can say that we're "slightly better" than Cleveland or Dallas.[/quote]

i think our FO has come a long way but .... our W-L record over any period of time .. 2 years .. 5 years .. 10 years is bottom 5.

saden is just keeping true to the montage that this FO and owner doesnt deserve the benefit of the doubt until they prove themselves with a consistent track record and he is not sipping the koolaid a new regime always brings a fan base.

imo i just hope RG3 is RG3 this year .. then anything is possible.

saden1 05-28-2014 01:38 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;1073086]My impression is that all that matters to saden is that Dan Snyder is the owner. Nothing else besides that matters. Our GM could be Ozzie Newsome and our HC Bill Belichick and it'd still be irrelevant[/quote]

What are we talking about here? Just a few years ago [URL="http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/34567-shanahan-the-new-head-coach-redskins-7.html#post650873"]everyone was excited [/URL] about Mike Shannahan and the 2 SBs rings he was sporting. If Gurden turns into Belichick great, if Allen gets us to the Championship game, awesome. All that matters is wins and if you really think Allen + Gruden is a winning combination then I am afraid you either don't know much about football or you're blinded by wishful thinking.

Stay wishful my friend.

Chico23231 05-28-2014 02:19 PM

[quote=saden1;1073093]What are we talking about here? Just a few years ago [URL="http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/34567-shanahan-the-new-head-coach-redskins-7.html#post650873"]everyone was excited [/URL] about Mike Shannahan and the 2 SBs rings he was sporting. If Gurden turns into Belichick great, if Allen gets us to the Championship game, awesome. All that matters is wins and if you really think Allen + Gruden is a winning combination then I am afraid you either don't know much about football or you're blinded by wishful thinking.

[B]Stay wishful my friend[/B].[/quote]

the alternative?

Ruhskins 05-28-2014 02:29 PM

[quote=over the mountain;1073091]i think our FO has come a long way but .... our W-L record over any period of time .. 2 years .. 5 years .. 10 years is bottom 5.

saden is just keeping true to the montage that this FO and owner doesnt deserve the benefit of the doubt until they prove themselves with a consistent track record and he is not sipping the koolaid a new regime always brings a fan base.

imo i just hope RG3 is RG3 this year .. then anything is possible.[/quote]

I don't think people should drink the Kool Aid, but we could have been looking at two consecutive good seasons (and beyond) had it not been for RG3's injury.

Under Vinny and Snyder, the FO made some [U]terrible[/U] decisions, which took a couple of years to remedy. I think surely but slowly the team has gotten better. And ever since Bruce Allen came to the franchise, the team has stayed away from the huge f*ck ups that we have seen before.

At the end of the day, this FO needs to show that they are doing good things by having the team win games and make it to the playoffs. But I think for the first time in a long time, the team has a core of talented and young players that can make this a winning franchise for years to come.

Like any fan, I'm cautiously optimistic about the future of the team. And like any team with a rookie coach, a lot of things can happens, but I'm hoping for the best. Otherwise, what's the point of being a fan of the team?

saden1 05-28-2014 02:32 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1073095]the alternative?[/quote]

Instead of turning a blind eye criticize the organization and do everything in your power not to put money in their pockets. Cut Dem Off!

[YT]4iGuc1rfcRM[/YT]

donofriose 05-28-2014 02:34 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;1073085]I don't understand what's so terrible about our management. Are you still living in the past during the glory days of Vinny? Yes, we had a losing season because our franchise QB messed up his knee, but I think over the past two seasons the team has made some good moves. Even Shanahan's departure was tamed compared to all the f*ck ups going on with other teams.

I'm not saying our management team is top notch, but I don't know how someone can say that we're "slightly better" than Cleveland or Dallas.[/quote]

Because both Cleveland and Dallas finished with better records then The skins last year.

The skins have been at the bottom of the league for the past decade. Maybe this management will turn it around but lets not act like the skins aren't in unfamiliar territory right now. Until they start producing consistent winning seasons, they are in the same ball park as Cleveland, Dallas, Detroit, or any other organization that has been the NFLs jock for the past decade.

skinsguy 05-28-2014 02:35 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1073095]the alternative?[/quote]

Sally doesn't know of any alternative. It's quite easy to sit and throw stones, but providing a realistic alternative is usually not in the vocabulary of the haters.

Alvin Walton 05-28-2014 02:38 PM

up and coming offensive coordinator > Joe Gibbs hired as Redskins new coach.
up and coming offensive coordinator > Jay Gruden hired as Redskins new coach.

They even have the same initials.....

History to repeat itself?

Alex, I'll have a glass of historical Kool Aid for $500 please.

skinsguy 05-28-2014 02:39 PM

[quote=Alvin Walton;1073104]up and coming offensive coordinator > Joe Gibbs hired as Redskins new coach.
up and coming offensive coordinator > Jay Gruden hired as Redskins new coach.

They even have the same initials.....

History to repeat itself?

Alex, I'll have a glass of historical Kool Aid for $500 please.[/quote]

I'm drinking if you're serving.

saden1 05-28-2014 02:48 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;1073098]I don't think people should drink the Kool Aid, but we could have been looking at two consecutive good seasons (and beyond) had it not been for RG3's injury.

Under Vinny and Snyder, the FO made some [U]terrible[/U] decisions, which took a couple of years to remedy. I think surely but slowly the team has gotten better. And ever since Bruce Allen came to the franchise, the team has stayed away from the huge f*ck ups that we have seen before.

At the end of the day, this FO needs to show that they are doing good things by having the team win games and make it to the playoffs. But I think for the first time in a long time, the team has a core of talented and young players that can make this a winning franchise for years to come.

Like any fan, I'm cautiously optimistic about the future of the team. And like any team with a rookie coach, a lot of things can happens, but I'm hoping for the best. Otherwise, what's the point of being a fan of the team?[/quote]

You have Bruce Allen in front of the podium saying [URL="http://bigstory.ap.org/article/gm-bruce-allen-redskins-have-no-gaping-holes"]the defense has no gaping holes[/URL]. Did I miss something? Did they filled all the DB holes from last year?

The point is to hold people accountable. Show me the wins and I will show you the money.

Alvin Walton 05-28-2014 03:05 PM

Why some of you guys insist on being miserable about your team is beyond me.
The season hasn't even started and you're ready to crucify the targeted idiots on the team/staff.

Chico23231 05-28-2014 03:10 PM

[quote=Alvin Walton;1073109]Why some of you guys insist on being miserable about your team is beyond me.
The season hasn't even started and you're ready to crucify the targeted idiots on the team/staff.[/quote]

How about Jay Gruden hasnt coached his first game in the NFL. Yet he is a failure already...

saden1 05-28-2014 03:11 PM

[quote=Alvin Walton;1073109]Why some of you guys insist on being miserable about your team is beyond me.
The season hasn't even started and you're ready to crucify the targeted idiots on the team/staff.[/quote]

I see an organization that's blindfolded walking towards the edge of a cliff. You don't need to be a genius or take a wait and see approach to conclude that the bitch is going over the cliff without a serious course correction.

We have the same folks running the defense AND we have no gaping holes! Those are some fancy blindfolds.

Ruhskins 05-28-2014 03:15 PM

[quote=saden1;1073112]I see an organization that's blindfolded walking towards the edge of a cliff. You don't need to be a genius or take a wait and see approach to conclude that the bitch is going over the cliff without a serious course correction.

We have the same folks running the defense AND we have no gaping holes! Those are some fancy blindfolds.[/quote]

Then maybe you need to root for a different organization.

saden1 05-28-2014 03:18 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1073111]How about Jay Gruden hasnt coached his first game in the NFL. Yet he is a failure already...[/quote]

He got the job not because he is an exceptional coach, he got it because management knows him and he knows the staff. If that's the criteria for hiring people then failure is inevitable.

Nothing about what Jay Gruden has done is impressive or exceptional. Jay Gruden will not elevate this team and within the next 2 or 3 years he will me coordinating somewhere else.

saden1 05-28-2014 03:21 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;1073114]Then maybe you need to root for a different organization.[/quote]

I'm leaning towards the 49ers...what will it take for you to root for a different organization?

Chico23231 05-28-2014 03:23 PM

[quote=saden1;1073116]I'm leaning towards the 49ers...what will it take for you to root for a different organization?[/quote]

Never will happen and the 49ers suck ass

saden1 05-28-2014 03:26 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1073117]Never will happen and the 49ers suck ass[/quote]

Is that a serious answer?

donofriose 05-28-2014 03:27 PM

[quote=saden1;1073115]He got the job not because he is an exceptional coach, he got it because management knows him and he knows the staff. If that's the criteria for hiring people then failure is inevitable.

[B]Nothing about what Jay Gruden has done is impressive or exceptional. Jay Gruden will not elevate this team and within the next 2 or 3 years he will me coordinating somewhere else.[/B][/quote]

Plenty of coaches that didn't have exceptional resumes that went on to be great head coaches. There are also a lot of great coordinators out there that have sucked as head coaches. I am happier with this hire than trying to to remake the old Broncos or Redskins.

spAtt 05-28-2014 03:27 PM

[quote=saden1;1073116]I'm leaning towards the 49ers...what will it take for you to root for a different organization?[/quote]

The entire NFL going bankrupt, then I would switch to MLS.

Chico23231 05-28-2014 03:29 PM

[quote=saden1;1073118]Is that a serious answer?[/quote]

Go ahead and position yourself behind harbaugh in the human centipede of ass suckers which are the 49ers.

Ruhskins 05-28-2014 03:29 PM

Maybe if I lost interest in football, I'd stop following the team.

I guess I like to see things in a rational way and not feed off everything the media says or pretend that I know everything to think that the team is doing something completely wrong and decide not to follow them.

I also find it funny that you are thinking about following a team whose coach probably had the same criticism from doubters, which you have of Jay Gruden.

saden1 05-28-2014 03:34 PM

[quote=donofriose;1073119]Plenty of coaches that didn't have exceptional resumes that went on to be great head coaches. There are also a lot of great coordinators out there that have sucked as head coaches. I am happier with this hire than trying to to remake the old Broncos or Redskins.[/quote]

Who? Name some of those great head coaches that didn't have exceptional resumes. Joe Gibbs, Bill Belichick of the world were exceptional before they became head coaches.

over the mountain 05-28-2014 03:37 PM

[COLOR="Sienna"]superbowl winning Brian Billick[/COLOR]

saden1 05-28-2014 03:40 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;1073122]Maybe if I lost interest in football, I'd stop following the team.

I guess I like to see things in a rational way and not feed off everything the media says or pretend that I know everything to think that the team is doing something completely wrong and decide not to follow them.

I also find it funny that you are thinking about following a team whose coach probably had the same criticism from doubters, which you have of Jay Gruden.[/quote]

Oh, I had no doubt in my mind about the coaching prowess of Jim Harbaugh though I think he is a first class douchbag. I saw plenty of him at Stanford and everything about the man said exceptional.