Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Linebacker and Kicker (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=5780)

WRedskins04 04-07-2005 01:49 PM

Linebacker and Kicker

Since we just signed Brain Allen should we still get a linebacker in the draft and Redskins resigned Jeff Chandler so do we keep John Hall or what?

TheMalcolmConnection 04-07-2005 01:52 PM

Re: Linebacker and Kicker

Brian Allen will be nothing more than a Special Teams player and provide depth. And yes, we keep Hall and have Chandler be the backup.

FRPLG 04-07-2005 01:56 PM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]Brian Allen will be nothing more than a Special Teams player and provide depth. And yes, we keep Hall and have Chandler be the backup.[/QUOTE]
I concur

Schneed10 04-07-2005 02:38 PM

Totally agreed. The Brian Allen signing has no impact on our LB needs, he's strictly there for special teams. That said, I don't think we need any LBs.

K is in fine shape with Hall and Chandler.

TheMalcolmConnection 04-07-2005 02:40 PM

Speaking of special teams. I'm really liking the signings we've made to address those needs. You rarely hear about teams signing players specifically to make tackles on special teams.

Balmerskinsfan 04-07-2005 03:05 PM

Season after season I've seen us lose close games when crap kickers punk out. Hall's not the best in the world, but he was definitly better than the hordes of bums who we had before him. Lets keep him around.

sportscurmudgeon 04-07-2005 03:23 PM

If Brian Allen starts to play a lot of snaps as a linebacker this year, then the season has gone down the drain.

The Skins will keep either Hall or Chandler and release the other one - - hoping that the "other one" would be available if injuries necessitate a "call back" I can't see the Skins carrying two kickers on the roster for the season.

e16bball 04-07-2005 03:39 PM

[QUOTE=sportscurmudgeon]If Brian Allen starts to play a lot of snaps as a linebacker this year, then the season has gone down the drain.

The Skins will keep either Hall or Chandler and release the other one - - hoping that the "other one" would be available if injuries necessitate a "call back" I can't see the Skins carrying two kickers on the roster for the season.[/QUOTE]

Good call, there is no way the Redskins keep both of them. There will be a competition in training camp.

skin4Life28 04-07-2005 04:00 PM

Who is Brian Allen. I mean I have never heard of this guy. He will do little to contribute all but special teams. Kicker, we are fine. How good was Chandler at doing kickoffs last year. If he did ok we should use him. Since the only reason Hall was getting hurt cause our ST unit couldn't tackle and he had to run and tackle people. Doubt it will happen though cause that takes an extra roster spot away.

Schneed10 04-07-2005 04:03 PM

If Hall is healthy they'll keep him hands down. He's a much better kickoff guy than Chandler. If they cut John Hall, he'd get snatched up immediately by other kicker-needy teams.

TheMalcolmConnection 04-07-2005 04:04 PM

Chandler couldn't even kick it past the 15 yard line last year. I hope Hall gets better because he has a great leg when he is completely healthy.

MTK 04-07-2005 04:05 PM

Teams typically go to camp with multiple kickers. It helps keep them fresh and avoids injury, but more than anything I think it's just to give them some company in camp while everyone else is working their tails off. LOL

That Guy 04-07-2005 05:20 PM

[QUOTE=e16bball]Good call, there is no way the Redskins keep both of them. There will be a competition in training camp.[/QUOTE]

last year we said no way too, and we ended up with two kickers (due to injury) for most of the year ;)

At least we don't need to worry about ola missing kicks for us right now... tennesse signed him :P

diehardskin2982 04-07-2005 06:01 PM

most kickers may be unofficially with the team while the season progresses. he then gets signed in the mist of injury.

bigm29 04-07-2005 06:19 PM

hall is clearly the better kicker in my opinion, he has one of the strongest legs in the league i think. Hes just not the most accurate. He was just injured last year. I think everyone is making too big of a deal about Chanldler just cuz he made 5/6 kicks last year. Is that really that good. Seriously. I think we will keep him on the team through preseason and then cut him.