Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sean Taylor studying Ed Reed (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=5786)

heybigstar 04-08-2005 01:17 AM

Sean Taylor studying Ed Reed

Maybe its a blessing in disguise that ST is working out at the U. I feel that
Taylor could be learning from the most instinctual safety and best def. player in the league, Ed Reed. Sean Taylor is bigger, stronger, and just as fast as Reed, and if he could learn from him in workouts, i think this would be a huge plus. ST is someone with unlimited potential and I feel that with his off the field problems, he is going to need someone to help guide him.

Tahoe Skin 04-08-2005 02:10 AM

Re: Sean Taylor studying Ed Reed

And on what first hand actual observations/knowledge do you base your premise that Taylor is actually working out with Reed?

Redskins8588 04-08-2005 02:20 AM

[QUOTE=Tahoe Skin]And on what first hand actual observations/knowledge do you base your premise that Taylor is actually working out with Reed?[/QUOTE]
He did not state as a fact that ST was working out with Ed Reed, I believe his words were "could be" which implies that he really dose not know for sure but the possibility is there!!

CRT3 04-08-2005 07:06 AM

And Ed Reed plays Coach Williams defense? Come on you can not teach instincts. ST should be at Redskin park and this adds another blemish to the character issue. Not to mention the so called confusion over the number change. You can not tell me that the Redskins just printed his new jersey by mistake. This little boy needs to grow up.

FRPLG 04-08-2005 08:26 AM

He should be at Redskins park plain and simple. If Taylor ever realizes his potential he will make Ed Reed look like the Ade Jimoh of safeties. You can't be taught instincts and you can't build chemistry from 1500 miles away. All Taylor needs is to straighten his head out and play another 15-16 games and he will be the best Safety in the game. Of course straightening his head out is more easily said than done.

TheMalcolmConnection 04-08-2005 08:32 AM

Aw, leave "The Ade" out of this. He didn't do anything to you! LOL

onlydarksets 04-08-2005 09:24 AM

C'mon - this is U. Miami we're talking about. We all know there isn't a whole lot of working going on down there.

Plus, this whole "I can't let go of being in college" thing is getting old! ;)

Ade Jimoh Fan Club 04-08-2005 10:09 AM

[QUOTE=FRPLG]If Taylor ever realizes his potential he will make Ed Reed look like the Ade Jimoh of safeties. [/QUOTE]

I think this is a compliment since Ed Reed is a damn good safety!

UofM produces some great players - but I am not down with them getting to all skip out on training and it's ok because their UofM and they're "training" down in Miami. Right, that's like going to a strip club to do homework. Those SOB's are partying it up down there when they should be with their teams. It's so not ok.

Also, I know that the NFL is mostly a "business" now with contracts and holdouts being the primary news highlights and actually football plays secondary, but guys that are fresh into contracts wanting new ones (see TO & ST) are just a-holes. I mean, you don't see The Ade crying for a new contract every year - just because he's been promoted to starting cornerback, he isn't asking for more money. The Ade's all about The Team.

memphisskin 04-08-2005 10:20 AM

The U has become almost like a cult. But they push each other, my brother pointed out that those guys have to come out as juniors because there's always some new guy pushing for playing time. Edgerrin James, Najeh Davenport, Clinton Portis, James Jackson, Willis McGahee and these are just the running backs.

I look for both of these guys to come to the first mini camp in great shape, and I think Ed Reed would be a tremendous influence on Taylor. Taylor can be just as good as Reed, plus he's bigger and faster and just as instinctual. As for Moss, I think he's more elusive while Coles is a more aggressive runner. That said, I think Moss will flourish in our offense, he is elusive enough to take one of those wide receiver screens to the house.

Too soon to worry...

PSUSkinsFan21 04-08-2005 11:35 AM

[QUOTE=Redskins8588]He did not state as a fact that ST was working out with Ed Reed, I believe his words were "could be" which implies that he really dose not know for sure but the possibility is there!![/QUOTE]

Agreed, but in fairness the title of the post is "Sean Taylor studying Ed Reed". That certainly gives the impression that we are talking about something that is true. Otherwise, why even discuss the topic? Everyone can assume what they like. If others want to assume he's working out with Reed, I guess that's fine. As for me, I'm going to assume he's at the beach right now eyeing up spring-breakers.

Regardless, even if he was "studying" Ed Reed, that's no excuse for missing the workout. Who he should be studying is Gregg Williams, who I think knows a little more about Defense than Ed Reed.

SKINSnCANES 04-08-2005 11:49 AM

Feel feel to disagree with me, but working out at the U is NOT a bad thing. Its not good for team spirit, but the fact of the matter is they are NOT practicing at redskins park right now. They are NOT running plays. They are lifting weights as a team. He is probably getting more practice in Miami then if he was at Redskins park.

Miami guys stick together whether the league or any of us likes it or not. They all work together and help each other. And you know what, it works. When Edgerin James got drafted, he went back and worked out and taught Portis, who also did the same thing. Just like bubba franks helped teach shockey who helped teach winslow. The list goes on and on.

When practices start, then they better be there. But this istn practice yet its just workouts.

SKINSnCANES 04-08-2005 11:52 AM

[QUOTE=memphisskin]The U has become almost like a cult. But they push each other, my brother pointed out that those guys have to come out as juniors because there's always some new guy pushing for playing time. Edgerrin James, Najeh Davenport, Clinton Portis, James Jackson, Willis McGahee and these are just the running backs.

I look for both of these guys to come to the first mini camp in great shape, and I think Ed Reed would be a tremendous influence on Taylor. Taylor can be just as good as Reed, plus he's bigger and faster and just as instinctual. As for Moss, I think he's more elusive while Coles is a more aggressive runner. That said, I think Moss will flourish in our offense, he is elusive enough to take one of those wide receiver screens to the house.

Too soon to worry...[/QUOTE]

They do push each other. A couple weeks ago my friend played a pickup basketball game with Edgerin James, Clinton Portis and Sean Taylor. No matter what these guys are going to spend their off seasons in miami hanging out and working out together.

If anyone out there does not think that Moss and Taylor are getting a good workout in Miami, then explain to me why Willis McGahee has a devastating, career ending injury and was running in full pads and practicing before teh start of the next season. For anyone out there that really knows a lot about canes, then ill add a small note to that. McGahee has a brother that owns a gym in Miami that he also worked out at.

Drift Reality 04-08-2005 12:48 PM

"Sean Taylor" and "studying" in the same sentence sort of sounds funny to me, almost an oxymoron actually.

There is no "silver lining" to him not being at Redskins training camp.

I think Santana Moss missing the workouts is worse though. He needs to realize he hasn't accomplished shit, he hasn't played one down as a Redskins, and that he needs to work out with the quarterback.

Longtimefan 04-08-2005 12:59 PM

When I was a child I spoke as a child, when I became a man I put away childish things. It really dosen't matter if Taylor and Moss come to camp looking like Atlas, the fact remains the same they "should" be at Redskins Park. Whatever they're doing at the "U" is not like what they would be acomplishing if they were they should be.
Good thing they're not here during the time Schottenheimer was coach. Remember Larry Centers? He always worked out in Arizona during the off-season and expressed his desire to continue doing so and Marty ushered him to his desire.

Redskins8588 04-08-2005 01:04 PM

[QUOTE=PSUSkinsFan21]Agreed, but in fairness the title of the post is "Sean Taylor studying Ed Reed". That certainly gives the impression that we are talking about something that is true. Otherwise, why even discuss the topic? Everyone can assume what they like. If others want to assume he's working out with Reed, I guess that's fine. As for me, I'm going to assume he's at the beach right now eyeing up spring-breakers.

Regardless, even if he was "studying" Ed Reed, that's no excuse for missing the workout. Who he should be studying is Gregg Williams, who I think knows a little more about Defense than Ed Reed.[/QUOTE]

Ok you are right on about the title of the post, but does that mean that it is true? Maybe if the title had be "Sean Taylor IS studing Ed Reed" then maybe I would have ben led to believe that it was true.

Also is that how you read posts on here only by the title and not what the poster wrote?