Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   (rumor) lavar on crutches again after another surgery (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=5823)

skinsguy 04-11-2005 10:25 PM

Re: (rumor) lavar on crutches again after another surgery

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]Seriously, people turned on LaVar damn quick before knowing the facts. Taylor is already wanting a new contract and no one is ready to crucify him yet (not saying we should, but let's give people a break before we know the facts).[/QUOTE]

That's why I was careful not to jump to conclusions before I heard more of the story. I felt Lavar was just whinning to the media and he was. He was frustrated, but he'll learn as he matures that going to the media everytime something goes wrong doesn't do the team or himself any favors. I'm confident after his meeting with Gibbs, cooler heads will prevail and the honeymoon will continue. :biggthump

Sorry Daseal, but no matter how much we disagree with you, there is only one man who was able to carry the cross and be crucified for us. :)

81forHOF 04-11-2005 10:43 PM

I hope your right! Lavar needs to settle down and be the next career Redskin.

Daseal 04-11-2005 10:43 PM

Offiss?

SKINSnCANES 04-11-2005 10:52 PM

I just bought an Arrington authentic yesterday, lol. i was going to buy two but looks like ill keep it at one for the time being

Gmanc711 04-11-2005 11:22 PM

I'm going to wait until we get some more facts before I really react to this, but LaVars quotes were not too inspiring. Hopefully he was just having a bad day or somthing; but the media is hopefully just playing it off bigger than it really is.

offiss 04-12-2005 01:03 AM

[QUOTE]Matty wrote, LaVar is the kind of player that needs a pat on the back once in a while. He's frustrated by being a spectator and he wants to be in the middle of the action (and the attention).[/QUOTE]

A pat on the back? How bout a good swift kick in the A**!

And it's nice to see he's still whining about the 6.5 mil he thinks he's got coming, as if he's not vastly overpaid to begin with.

I guess it's everyone else's fault he has an injury, and Gibbs fault he's not a surgeon.

I really have to say I didn't see anything last year that would lead me to believe he was rushed back to soon, it's not like our defense needed him, maybe he felt Marshall was outplaying him and hurting the creditability of his 6.5 mil dollar grevience, so he rushed himself back.

Personally I think Lavar is a legend in his own mind, all Hype.

Don't worry Daseal I wouldn't hang you out to dry. :biggthump
I was bowling all night.

aprius 04-12-2005 01:19 AM

Will the real LaVar Arrington please shut up?

bedlamVR 04-12-2005 01:29 AM

I am really starting to worry about the mental state of LaVar . Not so long ago he was making statements about having made up with the FO maybe dropping his grievence then tunring round amd lashing out at them again. Now this.

He really needs to look at who is whispering in his ears because the advice he is getting is real bad . Now he is flling a grievence with the NFLPA for being forced back too soon but their is nothing to back that up . Look at how the team handled Jansen, Barrow, Thomas and Daniels nothing but conservative . Thomas pushed himself to get back other played injured all year because they are NFL players .

Arrington seems determined to make himself this teams posterboy for bad attitude and drive a wedge between him the team and ultimatly the fans . He IS in my oppinion over rated and free lances far too much and was responsible for a number of key plays notably blowing the coverage on Jim Flinn in the loss against the Giants in OT a couple of years back .

aprius 04-12-2005 01:53 AM

Does anyone think this tirade about the 6.5million and his knees might go hand in hand because he knows he only has a very limited time to play well because of a bad diagnosis from the doc and he is trying to get every cent now?

offiss 04-12-2005 02:11 AM

He's been a pain in the A** since we drafted him, he refused to sign off on the rights to his name so the NFL could market him, as if he was something special and should recieve more than everyone else, and now he's having fantasies about additional bonus money on top of the overwhelming amount he recieved, and won't let it go even though everyone who has seen the contract say's there's nothing there for Lavar to hang his hat on, personally I just think he or the Postens really aren't remotly qualified to be negotiating mega contracts and are now trying to blame skins management for something that I have to believe could have and should have never been offered considering the size of his contract to begin with.

Aprius, to answer your question, I don't know if he would actually milk his knee for more money? But he has had surgeries so the injury is legitamite, but the fact is he never stop's YAPPING about money, and I am tired of hearing a player who doesn't deserve what he's already getting, whine about more!

Daseal 04-12-2005 02:28 AM

[quote]Does anyone think this tirade about the 6.5million and his knees might go hand in hand because he knows he only has a very limited time to play well because of a bad diagnosis from the doc and he is trying to get every cent now?[/quote]

SportsC mentioned this during the year. No one agreed with him, he may have been pretty on.

Skinfan184 04-12-2005 04:06 AM

As a loyal skin fan since 1967,Ihave seen it all.Lavar is a STUD!He ended Troy Aikman`s career.Pay that man his money.

Redskinsfaninnola 04-12-2005 07:36 AM

Maybe he needs the money to pay for the 56 Plasma tvs he got for his house.

irish 04-12-2005 08:13 AM

LA is full of crap and this mess is all his fault not the skins. If memory serves it was LA not the skins who rushed him back last season. In fact Bubba Tyre tried to stop LA from practice and LA got up in BT's grill and threatened to get physical with him for stopping him. Then LA slipped reinjured his knee and the rest is history. Once again this goes back to my post last week about the skins drafting million dollar bodies attached to 10 cent heads. Who cares how hard LA hits or whose career he may or may not have ended, he's too often out of position and always seems to have some dispute with the FO that is a result of an oversight on his part.

If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times, the skins should have traded LA when they had the chance and he had some value.

backrow 04-12-2005 08:19 AM

Welcome 184!

[QUOTE=Skinfan184]As a loyal skin fan since 1967,Ihave seen it all.Lavar is a STUD!He ended Troy Aikman`s career.Pay that man his money.[/QUOTE]

Welcome Skinfan184! Glad to have you! He is making a ton of money already. His money dispute is really not with the Redskins, it is and should be with his agent!