Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   High praise for Rambo from D. Hall (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=58477)

MTK 08-20-2014 03:30 PM

High praise for Rambo from D. Hall

[url=http://www.csnwashington.com/redskinsblog/deangelo-hall-calls-rambo-redskins-best-player-preseason]DeAngelo Hall calls Rambo the Redskins' 'best player' in preseason | Comcast SportsNet Washington[/url]

FRPLG 08-20-2014 03:52 PM

Re: High praise for Rambo from D. Hall

It would be really nice if he could develop into a reliable safety. He doesn't need to be Polamalu/Reed/Taylor back there but someone who can actually do something would be nice.

FRPLG 08-20-2014 03:52 PM

Plus I heard his name a couple times on specials. Glad he's in that mix too.

Alvin Walton 08-20-2014 04:04 PM

Oh man, if this guy sticks it will be so nice.
I'm tired of spending picks on safetys (and old FAs).
Would be nice to force other teams to plan around our secondary for a change.

MTK 08-20-2014 04:05 PM

He's had some nice pops, good to see him coming around

sevier2 08-20-2014 04:22 PM

Was going to comment on this in the game day thread but here's more relevant. I heard Rambo's name called a few times and saw a couple good plays from him monday.

Now that our coaches are teaching these guys how to tackle he looks a lot better. If anything he should help special teams.

It'd be great if we could have a future secondary with Amerson, Breeland, Rambo and Thomas (If he gets healthy) to build around. While Merriwether, Hall and Clark are obviously our best players back there, they're all getting older.

Lets hope the young guys can keep improving and take over eventually.

SirLK26 08-20-2014 07:42 PM

Rambo and Breeland were absolute ballers against Cleveland. It's nice to see guys besides Meriweather who enjoy using the hit stick. But now let's see them do it some more against Baltimore, probably our toughest test so far.

Chico23231 08-20-2014 08:30 PM

[quote=sevier2;1078217]Was going to comment on this in the game day thread but here's more relevant. I heard Rambo's name called a few times and saw a couple good plays from him monday.

Now that our coaches are teaching these guys how to tackle he looks a lot better. If anything he should help special teams.

It'd be great if we could have a future secondary with Amerson, Breeland, Rambo and Thomas (If he gets healthy) to build around. While Merriwether, Hall and Clark are obviously our best players back there, they're all getting older.

Lets hope the young guys can keep improving and take over eventually.[/quote]

would like to see it and agree, obviously there is a transition going on from old to young and we need to develop drafted talent. dont hold back commenting in the game day thread

Hog1 08-20-2014 08:34 PM

I have to admit.....nice to see some young guys getting....it

mlmdub130 08-20-2014 09:11 PM

[QUOTE=SirLK26;1078227]Rambo and Breeland were absolute ballers against Cleveland. It's nice to see guys besides Meriweather who enjoy using the hit stick. But now let's see them do it some more against Baltimore, probably our toughest test so far.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, they both looked good, I'd say Breeland shined a little more IMO. He looks like he has a better "football IQ". But the fact the Rambo is taking to the NFL game and progressing is a great sign.

All that said, it was the Browns and their offense is trash. The Ravens aren't world beaters on offense either, but they are a legit NFL offense. Hopefully these guys keep improving in each game.

los panda 08-21-2014 09:32 PM

good for rambo. what's the story w thomas?

EARTHQUAKE2689 08-22-2014 01:49 AM

I would love it if Rambo and Thomas could become a tandem, they don't have to be Reed/Taylor/Polamalu but like some one said they can still be good. Breeland has looked great in the two pre-season games, he looked really good against Josh Gordon when covering him as well.

skinsguy 08-22-2014 10:11 AM

Man, here's to hoping Rambo keeps developing into a solid player! The 'skins desperately need depth in the secondary, and if these young guys can continue to ball, we'll be OK!

Now if RGIII can just focus on sliding!!

Chico23231 08-22-2014 10:50 AM

Speaking of secondary, is Tracy Porter on the team? i was worried about this signing, but worried even more hearing either injuried or not doing much in camp or preseason.

I say start Treeland in the slot if porter cant show up.

Gary84Clark 08-22-2014 02:15 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1078361]Speaking of secondary, is Tracy Porter on the team? i was worried about this signing, but worried even more hearing either injuried or not doing much in camp or preseason.

I say start Treeland in the slot if porter cant show up.[/quote]

hahahahaha! Treeland, I like his pop. The
Redskins talent level has increased greatly