Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ravens v. Redskins Gameday Thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=58524)

DynamiteRave 08-23-2014 10:57 AM

Ravens v. Redskins Gameday Thread

I'm back, gents!

I've had an incredibly rough year, as my grandmother fell ill in February and passed away 2 weeks ago. Granted, she was 95, but she raised me and I still live in her house (for now anyway, family dispute over property might change that) so it was a difficult time.

BUT, I'm doing better, and have more time on my hands so I've returned to the board!

I'm pretty excited for the Ravens game, as I work in Baltimore now and I am surrounded by Ravens fans. I'd love to have something to rub in my co-workers faces on Monday. Yeahhh, even though it's a preseason game.

God, I hate the Ravens. I just can't seem to root for them for some reason. I think it has a lot to do with their fans though.

MTK 08-23-2014 11:11 AM

Re: Ravens v. Redskins Gameday Thread

Welcome back, sorry for your loss.

HTTR!

CrustyRedskin 08-23-2014 11:12 AM

Nice to see you back Rave, sorry for your loss. Let's put a plucking on those filthy birds!!!HTTR Flacco needs to go down early and often!

DynamiteRave 08-23-2014 11:37 AM

If a mod wants to, they can reverse the thread title so it reads Redskins v. Ravens. I forgot that the Skins are the away team and it's weighing on my OCD a little. lol

backrow 08-23-2014 11:56 AM

[quote=DynamiteRave;1078427]I'm back, gents!

I've had an incredibly rough year, as my grandmother fell ill in February and passed away 2 weeks ago. Granted, she was 95, but she raised me and I still live in her house (for now anyway, family dispute over property might change that) so it was a difficult time.

BUT, I'm doing better, and have more time on my hands so I've returned to the board!

I'm pretty excited for the Ravens game, as I work in Baltimore now and I am surrounded by Ravens fans. I'd love to have something to rub in my co-workers faces on Monday. Yeahhh, even though it's a preseason game.

God, I hate the Ravens. I just can't seem to root for them for some reason. I think it has a lot to do with their fans though.[/quote]

I'm feeling your loss, and am glad for your both your feeling better and excitement about tonight's game! I was thinking earlier about starting a game-day thread, so I'm glad great minds think alike!

tshile 08-23-2014 12:02 PM

Sorry for your loss - kudos to your grandmother for making it to 95. That's a hell of a life.

My preseason requests are limited. As I've grown older I've finally started accepting that preseason is about worthless :)

No injuries is the obvious one. We've been incredibly healthy in the grand scheme of things - keep it that way.

Griffin specific requests:
Don't take hits. I don't care if that means not running, getting out of bounds, or sliding. I just want to see decision making that makes it clear he understands its better to not go for the extra 3-5 yards than it is to get hit.
I want to see good throws in terms of accuracy and velocity. I'm sure he'll throw an interception or two - no concerns there. Throw as many as you want, this is the time to throw them :)

Offense:
I just want to see smooth operating. I don't care if it's dink and dunk or over the top big gains all day, just look like all 11 guys are on the same page every play.

Defense:
I want to see solid, clean tackling. The type of stuff we haven't seen from this team in a long time. No arm/shoulder tackling. No head down, blind dives. I want to see London Fletcher, text book style tackling.
I also want to see pursuit to the ball from all 11 guys.

Special teams:
About the same as from the others - 11 guys on the same page doing their individual jobs. Decent blocking, good fielding choices, solid kicking. No out of bounds kickoffs.

Overall:
It'd be nice if we can cut down on the penalties...

Fans:
I'd like to have a week where an interception in preseason isn't turned into a no-holds-bar critique of Griffin. Seriously, it's preseason. Let the kid fling the ball around and get warmed up. None of this counts.

I'd like to see the starters play into the 2nd half at least 1 series. This is their last chance to get ready for game speed for week 1. Use it.

EARTHQUAKE2689 08-23-2014 12:14 PM

I need to see 17-21 points from the first team offense tonight..

SirLK26 08-23-2014 12:31 PM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;1078441]I need to see 17-21 points from the first team offense tonight..[/quote]

The Ravens' top 3 corners are out, so it's quite possible you'll see that.

I just want to see the 1st team offense drive into the redzone a few times and come away with nothing but touchdowns. That redzone offense last game was baloney.

Hoping to see some more de-cleaters from the defense. And the overall tackling has been good so far, so more of that please.

Hoping Moses and Long look solid. And the Yeti's been solid so far, but now I want to see some big plays from him.

And, of course, no injuries.

rbanerjee23 08-23-2014 12:42 PM

Yeah, I think the first team offense really has to show 2 TDs -- they played fairly well against Cleveland with the exception of the two huge mistakes so nothing like that.

Lotus 08-23-2014 01:00 PM

Welcome back DRave! Sorry for your troubles.

My wish: no serious injuries. That is all.

Lotus 08-23-2014 01:07 PM

Keim's thoughts on the player Chico dubbed Treeland

[url=http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/63914/thoughts-on-rookie-bashaud-breeland]Thoughts on rookie Bashaud Breeland - NFC East Blog - ESPN[/url]

OnceWeWereKings 08-23-2014 03:01 PM

What time is the game?

Hog1 08-23-2014 03:02 PM

Missed your.....mirth filled commentary DRave....Glad to hear things are going better for you.
Solid physical performance by both lines. Play like a team you don't want to meet again. Robert takes a big step. Love Breeland
HTTR!

Chico23231 08-23-2014 03:40 PM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;1078441]I need to see 17-21 points from the first team offense tonight..[/quote]

Ditto

Welcome back drav

Lotus 08-23-2014 03:43 PM

[quote=oncewewerekings;1078449]what time is the game?[/quote]

7:30 et