Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Philly To Trade T.o. ? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=5864)

ST21 04-13-2005 05:21 PM

Philly To Trade T.o. ?

:coach: If philly did trade T.O., could we handle him as an organization?

firstdown 04-13-2005 05:24 PM

Re: Philly To Trade T.o. ?

[QUOTE=wewhite3]:coach: If philly did trade T.O., could we handle him as an organization?[/QUOTE]We could handle him just can't afford him.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 04-13-2005 05:25 PM

First, I HIGHLY doubt that Philly will trade Owens because they have no recieving options, T.O. made McNabb look like the star he was drafted to be, and they'd take a $10 million cap hit if they traded him.

Second, he wants more than the 7-year, $10 SB, and $47 million deal he got from Philly. There is no way in hell we can afford him.

Third, I don't want him. He's 31, costs a ton, bitches constantly, and is generally a poor locker room guy.

rickmmrr 04-13-2005 05:48 PM

[QUOTE=Ramseyfan]First, I HIGHLY doubt that Philly will trade Owens because they have no recieving options, T.O. made McNabb look like the star he was drafted to be, and they'd take a $10 million cap hit if they traded him.

Second, he wants more than the 7-year, $10 SB, and $47 million deal he got from Philly. There is no way in hell we can afford him.

Third, I don't want him. He's 31, costs a ton, bitches constantly, and is generally a poor locker room guy.[/QUOTE]

I think you covered everything.

SKINSnCANES 04-13-2005 06:00 PM

we arent going to get him, cant afford him, etc.

But how can you honestly say that you dont want him. Harrison is older than he is, id take him as well. 31 is not that old for studs like him.

Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor 04-13-2005 06:05 PM

I mean come on guys. How are you going to pass on a player like T.O. who could put us over the hump. We have already let one wideout get away(Moss, who we should have traded Lavar for) when need a good wide receiver to help out smurfs 2.0 and cp. If we could get him I say lets do it and try to make some things happen. Lets be real edwards or williams are not going to be there at No.9 overall and williamson is not worth that pick.

TheMalcolmConnection 04-13-2005 06:18 PM

I'm telling everyone again, I have a bad feeling about Williams in the draft. I'd love to see Edwards be there.

81forHOF 04-13-2005 06:56 PM

No team would ever trade a player of that caliber to a divisional rival.

skinsguy 04-13-2005 07:00 PM

[QUOTE=wewhite3]:coach: If philly did trade T.O., could we handle him as an organization?[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=5]NO!!!!!!![/SIZE]

BigSKINBauer 04-13-2005 07:08 PM

remember when they wanted gardner for him. wow i would like to turn back time. I don't like the guy but he is better than drop it like its hot

MTK 04-13-2005 07:29 PM

People bitch enough about LaVar and Taylor, we definitely don't want a headache like TO, great as he is.

Longtimefan 04-13-2005 08:05 PM

I agree. we have enough problems already, what in hell would we want with this guy. I don't care if he catches 20 passes a game, the guy has (for years) shown his true colors and based on what we've seen I can't understand us even thinking about him even if we were able to meet his salry demands. This guy is bad news, and wouldn't do anything for the morale of our team.

skinsguy 04-13-2005 08:56 PM

We are trying to get good character players on this team that will put the team first. When things are going wrong, TO is going to be flappin' his jaws! I don't care if he's the best WR in the history of football, I would not want him on this team!

skinsfanthru&thru 04-13-2005 10:13 PM

it ain't gonna happen for quite a few reasons, but what's up with TO taking a cheap shot at Mcnabb? I don't like either guy but it's like TO has little to no respect for the guys who have thrown him the ball and were part of the qb/wr duos that made him a top 5 wr in the league.

TheMalcolmConnection 04-13-2005 10:16 PM

I hate to say it but did they make HIM a top WR in the league or he HE make THEM a top QB in the league?

skinsguy 04-13-2005 10:22 PM

T.O. ran his mouth about Garcia when he was in San Fran...then you had the fiasco with him supposedly going to Minnesota and that didn't happen....landed in Philly....remember that game where the Eagles were getting their tails kicked by Pittsburgh and TO was running his mouth off to McNabb on the sidelines...sure they joked about it later, but notice when something doesn't go right...TO is not going to take any blame....he dumps it all on the QB....not saying that the Eagles lost the SB because of TO....that wasn't the case at all...but what does that say about a player who's quick to throw the blame on somebody else? TO didn't need to make those comments.....I am SOOOO glad the Eagles can deal with him...we have enough problems petting Arrington's ego and Taylor's problems....we don't need another guy like this on our team.

skinsfanthru&thru 04-13-2005 10:25 PM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]I hate to say it but did they make HIM a top WR in the league or he HE make THEM a top QB in the league?[/QUOTE]

its a bit of both, even though if u asked TO he'd more than likely say it was all him.

jrocx69 04-14-2005 01:58 AM

if we ever got TO i would call a hitman...death dont go against the cap does it... ;)

EternalEnigma21 04-14-2005 03:09 AM

When taylor jacked him in the mouth my daughter (at the time a fifteen month old parrot) repeated what she heard, and now Ill repeat her. F*&K T.O. The guy is an athelete, but he's a joke when it comes to helping a team. He eats too much cap room and hes such an arrogant prick. In his press confrence before the SB, he said God healed him because God wanted him to play & it was gonna be a miracle to see him play because it was God's will. So, what, was God wrong... Did bill billechick outsmart God, I wonder how much God had riding on that game...

TheMalcolmConnection 04-14-2005 08:20 AM

This is what I say in response to the initial question. Say somehow and for some REASON we actually signed TO and won a Super Bowl, I don't think it would make it that sweet. To have someone that is hated so much all over the league to come and be the one piece that finally "helps" us win the Super Bowl, would make it a bittersweet moment. I'm not a person who loves an asshole just because they play on our team.

Once an asshole, always an asshole. And can you imagine how much he would run his mouth then???

Schneed10 04-14-2005 08:43 AM

It's not even remotely possible for salary cap reasons.

PSUSkinsFan21 04-14-2005 09:06 AM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]This is what I say in response to the initial question. Say somehow and for some REASON we actually signed TO and won a Super Bowl, I don't think it would make it that sweet. To have someone that is hated so much all over the league to come and be the one piece that finally "helps" us win the Super Bowl, would make it a bittersweet moment. I'm not a person who loves an asshole just because they play on our team.

Once an asshole, always an asshole. And can you imagine how much he would run his mouth then???[/QUOTE]

There have been so many good posts on this thread that it was hard to pick one, but this is my favorite. I absolutely agree. There are things more important than winning and losing. Any team that actively seeks out a guy like TO after all the trouble he has caused, is not a team I want to cheer for. Period.

F- T.O. and F- the Eagles. They are only beginning to get what they deserve for bringing in a locker room cancer like him.

irish 04-14-2005 09:44 AM

Please God no! The last thing the Redskins need is another million dollar body and 10 cent head. Not being able to sign TO is likely the only good thing that will result from this team being cap strapped.

TheMalcolmConnection 04-14-2005 10:14 AM

[QUOTE=PSUSkinsFan21]There have been so many good posts on this thread that it was hard to pick one, but this is my favorite. I absolutely agree. There are things more important than winning and losing. Any team that actively seeks out a guy like TO after all the trouble he has caused, is not a team I want to cheer for. Period.

F- T.O. and F- the Eagles. They are only beginning to get what they deserve for bringing in a locker room cancer like him.[/QUOTE]

Thanks buddy...

TheMalcolmConnection 04-14-2005 10:19 AM

And just to kind of expand on what I said, I would like to think that many of us don't change our allegiances so quickly to certain players. There are some people who are talkers and showboat (Smoot was a talker) and there are people who are assholes (Randy Moss and Terrell Owens). I don't mind having a talker on the team. Most teams do.

The way I see a talker and an asshole is like this.

Talkers and assholes are like tumors. Talkers are benign and don't cause any damage and assholes are cancers that spread throughout the locker room and need to be removed.

FRPLG 04-14-2005 10:30 AM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]This is what I say in response to the initial question. Say somehow and for some REASON we actually signed TO and won a Super Bowl, I don't think it would make it that sweet. To have someone that is hated so much all over the league to come and be the one piece that finally "helps" us win the Super Bowl, would make it a bittersweet moment. I'm not a person who loves an asshole just because they play on our team.

Once an asshole, always an asshole. And can you imagine how much he would run his mouth then???[/QUOTE]
Couldn't agree more.

Schneed10 04-14-2005 10:51 AM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]

Talkers and assholes are like tumors. Talkers are benign and don't cause any damage and assholes are cancers that spread throughout the locker room and need to be removed.[/QUOTE]

GREAT analogy. Nice post.

backrow 04-14-2005 10:53 AM

I would not want T.O for two reasons.

His upper and lower lips!

Redskins_P 04-14-2005 10:59 AM

Why would we want TO when we have Darnerian McCants? :Smoker:

Seriously though, the guy is an ass. He's already talking shit about how McNabb was tired in the SB. I'm sorry but McNabb is the leader of that team and to me that's kind of disrespectful. You don't talk about your leaders.

He's a great player and all, but I don't see him ever wearing burgundy and gold.

aprius 04-14-2005 11:20 AM

I personally think Drew Rosenhaus is going to hold out TO and all his other clients, end up getting their contracts voided and start his own team at UofM and call it the Hurricanes II. What a team it would be.

PSUSkinsFan21 04-14-2005 11:30 AM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]And just to kind of expand on what I said, I would like to think that many of us don't change our allegiances so quickly to certain players. There are some people who are talkers and showboat (Smoot was a talker) and there are people who are assholes (Randy Moss and Terrell Owens). I don't mind having a talker on the team. Most teams do.

Talkers and assholes are like tumors. Talkers are benign and don't cause any damage and assholes are cancers that spread throughout the locker room and need to be removed.[/QUOTE]

Agreed again. You're on a roll today MC.

dirtbag2112 04-14-2005 12:23 PM

Moss is a disturbance but I still cant put him up there with TO. TO is the worst and I wouldnt take him even if he came free.

jacobyfan 04-14-2005 01:43 PM

I must say (and I'll probably take some flack for it) that I like TO. I have trouble rooting for him now that he's an eagle, but man he had the greatest TD celebration in the history of the game. Going and spiking the ball on the star and getting on his knees and lifted his hands toward heaven... classic. I remember watching that and thinking: "YEAH! F*CK YOU COWBOYS! SUCK ON THAT!"

Someone needed to do that and it was a long time coming. He's the only guy who was an asshole enough to do it, though. I've had a soft spot for him since then.

Doesn't mean I'd want to see him as a skin, though. Can you imagine him yelling at Gibbs on the sideline? or Bugel? I can imagine him yelling at Brunell, though. I find that thought amusing somehow. Maybe because I wanted to the first half of the year.

TheMalcolmConnection 04-14-2005 02:26 PM

I don't deny TO's atheletic ability and if he EVER did anything right, the whole Cowboy-star thing was classic.

Even based on my aforementioned comments, I will say this about TO. I don't care HOW big of an asshole you are when you play the Cowboys. ;)

jacobyfan 04-14-2005 03:01 PM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]I don't deny TO's atheletic ability and if he EVER did anything right, the whole Cowboy-star thing was classic.

Even based on my aforementioned comments, I will say this about TO. I don't care HOW big of an asshole you are when you play the Cowboys. ;)[/QUOTE]

Right on! :food-smil

and shall I say that I PREFER people to be assholes WHILE they beat the Cowboys. Or the Eagles. Or the Giants.

BUT especially against the Cowboys.

56FAN 04-21-2005 09:26 AM

don't even think about guys, yes he has talent but this team is just coming together
we don't need that kind of player here. now harrison i would take, he's a pro, let's his play do the talking. t.o. is an everready talker, he talks and talks and talks about himself. too bad he did show alot of heart last year, and he is one of the best.but he totally disrupts team chemistry.thanks but, nooo!!!!! thanks