Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A football call... (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=5900)

Redskins8588 04-21-2005 06:16 AM

A football call...

While the warpath was down for a couple of days, I searched the internet for another redskins web site and I stumbled across hailredskins.com. While I was there this question was posted and I chimed in on it, in doing so I got myself kicked off. But anyhow, I want to see what people here think of this question was it a saftey or a touchback?

I am pretty certain that it is a touchback. You wouldnt believe how many people over there think that this example is the same as if a punter runs out of the back of the endzone. Anyhow here is the example.

Discuss...

"During a kickoff, the ball bounced into the endzone and my returner picked it up (in the endzone) and accidentally stepped out of bounds at the back of the endzone while trying to take a knee. So I got called a safety. I don't claim to know a lot about football rules, but I was sure this was a touchback.

What do the rules say? Is it a safety or touchback?"

Big C 04-21-2005 06:29 AM

Re: A football call...

if u never come out of the endzone then it cant be a safety. if u catch the ball in the endzone, you can run straight into the goalpost and it is a touchback

SmootSmack 04-21-2005 06:54 AM

how'd you get kicked off the site for chiming in on that?

Paintrain 04-21-2005 07:26 AM

It should be a touchback.. What differentiates it is where the ball came into the possession of the offense. On the punt, the snap is initiated outside the endzone therefore stepping out is a safety. On the KR, the ball came into the offensive player's possession in the endzone so he can run around all day in the endzone, get tackled, step out thru the back or either sides and it is a touchback..

How in the world did you get kicked off a board for responding to that?

Redskins8588 04-21-2005 07:31 AM

It got to be really frustrating how people really thought that the call was a saftey, and looking back at it now, maybe I went a little extream. In response to the one poster over there I asked the question, "Do you even watch the game??" and the "owner" of the site, responde back that my attitude had better change or I wont last long there. Then I asked him why? I didnt really think at the time that my attitude was that bad. He then told me to comply or good-bye, so I told him that I was happy to help out the other poster on the question at hand and good-bye!!!

If you really want to go the the web site and see everything fine, I used the same name there as I do here.

Redskins8588 04-21-2005 07:33 AM

Also I think that my "attitude" was in result to not being able to log on to the warpath. I mean it is so much nicer on this web site and I was just used to talking to people who actually knew what they were talking about. I guess the warpath spoiled me!!!

backrow 04-21-2005 08:27 AM

Redskins8588

I too, missed my favorite talk site. But I too frequent Hailredskins.com. An awful lot of weight goes toward your Avatar (picture), and how many posts you make.

Their site is HUGE! They have the absolute best source for Draft news anywhere!

But you are so right! This site is much more like family.

For Redskin news, you should still be able to visit HR.com without signing in however.

SKINSnCANES 04-21-2005 08:27 AM

lol. I tried using extremeskins when the pick got traded, but it drove me nuts with all the pictures and colors so I stopped. Glad to have my home back

TheMalcolmConnection 04-21-2005 08:29 AM

Same here. I was over at extremeskins.com and they bitch SO goddamn much and they all claim to be football geniuses. (Or at least the majority seem to)

FRPLG 04-21-2005 08:46 AM

Yeah I kept checking around to see if I could find anyone from here on one of the other sites to see if they knew what the heck was going on with the warpath. I finally got in touch with Malcolm and we commiserated about our withdrawals. As for you getting kicked off HR.com..if that is really how it went then they knew to loosen up a bit. I mean you didn't start calling people names and such. Asking if someone even watches the game seems pretty docile to me.

Daseal 04-21-2005 10:48 AM

Yeah - considering our offseason got a bit crazy I went to extremeskins for a bit. They all seemed to have the I'm right about everything and you're wrong type attitude towards each other. Instead of disucussions with people expanding on thei points, it gets into a dick waving contest of who knows more.

After about a week on that site... please don't change your avatar system! If people start putting lots of pictures in sigs - bite that in the ass too!

joethiesmanfan 04-21-2005 10:51 AM

glad the site is back my 10 yearold son knows thats a touchback.

TheMalcolmConnection 04-21-2005 10:53 AM

[QUOTE=Daseal]Yeah - considering our offseason got a bit crazy I went to extremeskins for a bit. They all seemed to have the I'm right about everything and you're wrong type attitude towards each other. Instead of disucussions with people expanding on thei points, it gets into a dick waving contest of who knows more.

After about a week on that site... please don't change your avatar system! If people start putting lots of pictures in sigs - bite that in the ass too![/QUOTE]

Yeah, after being on there I was SO glad to see this back up this morning. It's SO hard to wade between bullshit amateur Photoshop artists and people will actual intelligent points.

Redskins8588 04-21-2005 11:01 AM

I agree, I like how this site is nice and clean cut. There is no unwanted pics on here. hailredskins.com has almost the same set up as we do in there forum page. I thought that if it looks the same maybe the people are kinda the same, but no not at all.

RedskinRat 04-21-2005 11:18 AM

While this site was down I actually did some work.....