Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   NFL Draft Central (http://www.thewarpath.net/nfl-draft-central/)
-   -   ESPN Draft Special On Now (http://www.thewarpath.net/nfl-draft-central/5922-espn-draft-special-on-now.html)

Cush 04-21-2005 07:50 PM

ESPN Draft Special On Now

Sal Paolantonio says that Washington is interested in Alex Smith

TheMalcolmConnection 04-21-2005 07:53 PM

Re: ESPN Draft Special On Now

Whaaaaaaaaa?!?????????????????

Cush 04-21-2005 08:08 PM

They have us taking Carlos Rodgers at 9

Cush 04-21-2005 08:11 PM

they don't have Mike WIlliams going in the Top 10

TheMalcolmConnection 04-21-2005 08:38 PM

I wonder why they wouldn't think we would take HIM at 9. Most people think that we would take him if he was available.

Cush 04-21-2005 08:52 PM

they have Williams going to Dallas at 20

Cush 04-21-2005 09:22 PM

Kiper has Washington taking WR Roddy White (UAB) at 25

Mortenson says it will be QB Jason Campbell (Auburn). Says it was kept underwraps until Len blew it up with his story. Gee, Pasta trying to screw over Washington? Like that would never happen

wolfeskins 04-21-2005 09:28 PM

alot of folks are convinced the skins are gonna take campbell.

PSUskinsfan11 04-21-2005 09:29 PM

If we get Rogers and White I consider that a successful draft!!! I really don;t see Joe Gibbs of all people drafting a QB in the first round.

redwagonskins 04-21-2005 09:34 PM

If the Campbell story is true (that they let it slip rather than leaked the info) and on Saturday they don't get their guy, then it's time to make some BIG changes in the management of the team. It just seems the front office has made one bad move after another as of late. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is an elaborate ruse (Gibbs flew down to Auburn just to fake everybody out) but it's starting to look grim (they have initiated an in-house investigation to see how the info got out).

PSUskinsfan11 04-21-2005 10:04 PM

I am still convinced that Gibbs was going to meet with Carlos Rogers

skinsfanthru&thru 04-21-2005 10:52 PM

[QUOTE=Cush]they have Williams going to Dallas at 20[/QUOTE]

there is absolutely no way Williams falls that far.

drew54 04-21-2005 11:06 PM

I'm so pissed after watching that special.

I think there is no way we draft Campbell.

I am sick of Pastabelly and him looking like a genius. They were bragging him up on that show as if he really broke that story wide open and blew up our plans.

Eff that. I think it will be Rogers, and then a WR. Those guys were really hating on Mike Williams, and pretty much said he will never be a #1. They called him a young Keyshawn Johnson. If he falls to 9 i say we trade down and let someone else take him. I would much rather see us take Williamson, or even Matt Jones.

Those top two WR just make me nervous.

But I'm no Mel Kiper so...

PSUSkinsFan21 04-22-2005 08:27 AM

Few things really bothered me about the draft special.
1. They really backed up their talk about the skins going after Campbell. If they draft Campbell, I'll be pissed about it all summer long.
2. I like Kiper's pick for us at 25. Only problem is, it seems like Kiper was the only guy who didn't buy into the whole Campbell thing. Anyone else on that panel would have had our Mock as Rogers/Campbell. If we do end up with Rogers/White, I'm a happy little redskins fan.
3. Wow, were they hard on Mike Williams. I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. His similarities to Keyshawn do scare me though.
4. I simply can't imagine Pac Man falling that far either.
5. If the real smokescreen is the skins calling around the league to inquire about trading up, and the truth is they want Campbell, then I can honestly say I'd rather them trade up than take Campbell. I'm just not at all convinced by him.

celts32 04-22-2005 11:33 AM

I don't care what the clowns said last night, I still would take Williams over anyone in this draft. He is going to dominate. Imagine that big body going up for fades in the endzone. the redskins have had so much trouble in the redzone. i see Williams as a TD maker.