Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   NFL Draft Central (http://www.thewarpath.net/nfl-draft-central/)
-   -   QB at #25? (http://www.thewarpath.net/nfl-draft-central/5937-qb-at-25-a.html)

SonnySamFrank 04-22-2005 10:30 AM

QB at #25?

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]Does anyone really think Joe Gibbs will draft Jason Campbell with pick #25?[/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3] [/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]Gibbs QBs[/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3] Rd Name School Year[/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3] ? Joe Theisman Notre Dame 1975 (pre-Gibbs)[/size][/font]

[size=3][font=Times New Roman] [/font][color=black][font=Arial]4. Tom Flick [/font][/color][color=black][font=Arial]Washington[/font][/color][font=Times New Roman] 1981[/font][/size]

[size=3][color=black][font=Arial]11. Bob Holly [/font][/color][color=black][font=Arial]Princeton[/font][/color][color=black][font=Arial] 1982[/font][/color][/size]

[color=black][font=Arial][size=3]3. Jay Schroeder UCLA 1984[/size][/font][/color]

[size=3][color=black][font=Arial]6. [/font][/color][color=black][font=Arial]Mark Rypien Wash St.[/font][/color][color=black][font=Arial] 1986[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=black][font=Arial]4. [/font][/color][color=black][font=Arial]Cary[/font][/color][color=black][font=Arial] Conklin [/font][/color][color=black][font=Arial]Washington[/font][/color][color=black][font=Arial] 1990[/font][/color][/size]

[color=black][font=Arial][size=3]4. Chris Hakel William & Mary 1992[/size][/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Arial][size=3] [/size][/font][/color]

[size=3][color=black][font=Arial] [/font][/color][color=black][font=Arial]1 Doug Williams Grambling 1978[/font][/color][/size]

[color=black][font=Arial][size=3] (traded to Redskins for 5th round pick )[/size][/font][/color]

TheMalcolmConnection 04-22-2005 10:33 AM

Re: QB at #25?

No. :)

I really and truly do not.

redwagonskins 04-22-2005 10:45 AM

I hope not too. I don't mind spending a lower round pick on a project but we have REAL needs that have to be addressed.

TheMalcolmConnection 04-22-2005 10:48 AM

I mean this is how strongly I feel about NOT taking a QB.

I'd rather pick Matt Jones or Rod Flowers as a project. THOSE are positions of need.

PSUSkinsFan21 04-22-2005 12:37 PM

[QUOTE=redwagonskins]I hope not too. I don't mind spending a lower round pick on a project but we have REAL needs that have to be addressed.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely agree. If they want to try to develope a QB with a 4th or 5th round pick, that's fine with me. But Campbell in the first round, given all of our other needs, is borderline retarded.

TheMalcolmConnection 04-22-2005 01:10 PM

No, I would say it's completely "Corky" retarded.

SonnySamFrank 04-22-2005 01:47 PM

I guess we should be asking ourselves just how dumb are the Redskins?

Why do I suddenly feel like crying????

JWsleep 04-22-2005 02:33 PM

We'll know soon! My guess about the OB visit is that once they decided to get the #25, they really wanted to be sure they had a grasp of all the talent that might be there. It's a case of Gibbs' hyper-preperation--he didn't want to be caught on the clock wondering who the top talent was. I figure it will be a draft-day decision, and in the end, it won't be a QB. But GIbbs will make that decision based on actual workouts, not on hear-say.

TheMalcolmConnection 04-22-2005 02:36 PM

Obla-di, obla-dah, life goes on...

I would like a second-tier receiver or CB with that pick.

PSUSkinsFan21 04-22-2005 02:45 PM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]Obla-di, obla-dah, life goes on...
[/QUOTE]

[size=4]LOL!!![/size]
[size=4] :laughing2[/size]

SmootSmack 04-22-2005 03:00 PM

Well if we do draft Campbell, hopefully it will be like when the Eagles drafted McNabb and they all booed and then a couple of years later there were stories about remember how dumb the Eagles fans were for booing the selection of McNabb

PSUSkinsFan21 04-22-2005 04:10 PM

[QUOTE=TAFKAS]Well if we do draft Campbell, hopefully it will be like when the Eagles drafted McNabb and they all booed and then a couple of years later there were stories about remember how dumb the Eagles fans were for booing the selection of McNabb[/QUOTE]

Only difference is the Eagles actually needed a QB in that draft. The fans were sold on Ricky Williams, but the fact is the franchise had no QB at that point. We have a QB, and a ton of other needs. The Eagles' fans' stupidity was that they were booing a guy that they needed. That'd be like us booing Carlos Rogers just because we really want Mike Williams or something. Fact is, we could use them both and I suspect we will cheer either the CB or the WR that we get with #9.

Hey, I'd love to be wrong. It's not like I have anything personally against the guy.........I just don't see what all the hype is about. And on my most optomistic days, I would hope for your scenario (if we drafted him). I'd trade looking stupid for a ring or a super bowl appearance any day. As it stands now, I usually just look stupid AND the skins keep losing.

BrudLee 04-23-2005 12:48 AM

Making a move up (or down) to get a player [u]never[/u] happens the week before the draft. If the Redskins wanted that player, they would have set up the trade, and only pulled the trigger if he was available.

This pick is for leverage, or a player who hasn't been mentioned.

Mattyk 04-23-2005 01:04 AM

I highly doubt it would happen