Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Media Brainwash? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=5992)

NM Redskin 04-23-2005 09:27 PM

Media Brainwash?

I am not buying all this media hype that we are having a bad offseason. I trust Gibbs and his staff. The NFL community seems to love to bash the Redskins. LC was overrated(whiny), always injured plus Moss and Patten Jacobs,Gardner, that's a pretty good WR corps. Pierce was a product of the system, Smoot was a slightly above average corner, Rodgers is an upgrade. If Ramsey doesn't work out this year then here comes Campbell. Think positive people. :headbange

RedskinRat 04-23-2005 09:29 PM

Re: Media Brainwash?

I'm more fed up with the 'winning' off-seasons that we've had amounting to nothing in the regular season.

bjschmonsees 04-23-2005 09:30 PM

Agreed. We have won the past four or five offseasons according to the public opinion, then sucked in the regular season. I trust coach Gibbs. The offensive line will be much better with Rabach and Jansen getting healthy. That alone is reason to be optimistic.

wolfeskins 04-23-2005 09:51 PM

the skins were 6-10 last year and were in most games they lost. this comming year the skins should be much better regardless of what the media says. this off season has been pretty good. this comming season the skins will have a better starting qb from game 1 , we won't have to wait until game 9. the offensive line will be much improved with jansen returning, the addition of casey rabach and a year of bugels teachings under their belts. portis will be more effective as a result of the improved o-line and a year of learning gibbs system. the wr corps will be much beter , we now have wr that can stretch the field. cooley will also be better. the defense will be just as good, if not better, yea they lost pierce and smoot but they get lavar back, bowen back, taylor with a year under his belt , possibly barrow to play, every other player from last seasons d back and the addition of carlos rogers( who i think will be better than smoot). special teams should also be much improved.

jdlea 04-23-2005 09:52 PM

I'm more concerned with the fact that players are lashing out against the FO and that ST isn't returning their phone calls. And that Moss isn't working with Ramsey right now. Oh yeah, and Portis defending everyone [B]but[/B] Ramsey. This offseason has been an all out disaster. All I wanted them to do was upgrade at C and keep the defense together. Pick up a DE in the draft. None of that has happened short of the upgraded at C.

sportscurmudgeon 04-23-2005 09:58 PM

The Redskins WR corps was mediocre last year and is not any better at the moment.

Patten and Moss have both been good as #2 WRs. Neither has been the lead receiver yet.

Gardner is Michael Westbrook without the sociopathic tendencies.

Jacobs has yet to accomplish ANYTHING.

This bunch could actually be upgraded if they added Freddie Mitchell. Think about that as you try to convince yourself that this is a good corps of WRs...

wolfeskins 04-23-2005 10:01 PM

this offseason only seems like a disaster because we are used to the skins signing so many high profile players. this offseason is actually a successfull one, for the most part.

wolfeskins 04-23-2005 10:02 PM

patten and moss are easilly upgrades when compared to gardner and coles.

PSUskinsfan11 04-23-2005 10:58 PM

[QUOTE=sportscurmudgeon]

This bunch could actually be upgraded if they added Freddie Mitchell. Think about that as you try to convince yourself that this is a good corps of WRs...[/QUOTE]

No WR group in the league would get better by adding Freddie Mitchell.

MTK 04-24-2005 12:03 AM

Mitchell is no better than what we already have, I know SC would love to see him sign here but I can't see Gibbs wanting a guy like him on the roster.