Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   You guys all crack me up (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=5994)

Sammy Baugh Fan 04-23-2005 09:50 PM

You guys all crack me up

God knows I love you guys and this is one of my favorite clicks with my mouse but you guys sometimes slay me. I mean this in a great and loving way but you really take "yourself" way too serious in thinking you have all the facts to make Coaching decisions. I know we all do our best to do our homework in getting information to make informed conversation but to think you are out thinking Joe Gibbs or another NFL Hall of Fame coach is a little silly...to me.

Yeah Gibbs picked a couple of guys maybe you didn't think you would pick but he is "in the know" and to say the least "very competent" in my opinion.

Please know I am not insulting anyone but sitting back and laughing a little.

I had fun today, I'll have fun this season and I'll have fun as we win another Lombardi trophy.

Go Skins and all you guys here at thewarpath.net

:smashfrea

wolfeskins 04-23-2005 09:57 PM

Re: You guys all crack me up

SBF you are absolutly right but i have to admit i'm guilty of 2nd guessing the skins decissions sometimes. never-the-less i have faith in gibbs and williams.

Sammy Baugh Fan 04-23-2005 10:06 PM

lol
I'm glad at least the first person did not take this wrong.

Don't get me wrong I had my opinion about who to pick but didn't

peace

jdlea 04-23-2005 10:17 PM

I see where you're coming from and you're entitled to your opinion. I just didn't like the picks...btw, the track record of Dan Snyder (not Joe Gibbs) would suggest that I'm at least more qualified to make personnel decisions than he and Cerrato. :laughing2

wolfeskins 04-23-2005 10:20 PM

i's hard to say whats right and whats wrong until the season is actually in progress, you know? opinions are exactly that, just opinions. they don't mean squat.

BigSKINBauer 04-23-2005 11:00 PM

am happy after hearing gibbs, in gibbs we trust that is what i have to stick by, and if he saw something in campbell then i can't say that i blame him. he says that he couldn't pass up on a QB that he felt fit perfectly in the system and we want continuity but our team to most outsiders and many insiders had horrible QBs, yes 4 is a lot but we will use the best one and remember what the 3rd picked qb last year did and gibbs put him higher than most on his chart, gibbs just maybe good at spoting QBs. i know brunnel is against that but how the hell would anyone know he would be such a skrew up.
I am happy w/ rogers, would i pick him over williams? no but he is still good, if barrow is back then we improved on D and it would be hard to say that we got worse this year,

for number 4 pick i would take jerome mathis if he is there or Fred Gibson to adress the WR need
i hope they are both around 16 picks in!
that is just me though

MTK 04-23-2005 11:53 PM

Great post SBF and thanks for sharing your draft day pics.

Maybe I'm still in vacation mode or something, but today really hasn't bothered me all that much. Some people here really need to chill, or take a trip to Vegas or something! LOL

The more I think about it I've concluded the following:

-Ramsey is still our starter and is still possibly the long term solution, depending on how he plays of course.

-I really think today's drafting of Campbell reflects more on Brunell than it does Ramsey. With the way Brunell's deal was originally structured, he was only going to be here a maximum of 3-years anyway. He'll likely be gone next year, a year earlier than planned. With Campbell on board, we'll at least have a quality gunslinger waiting in the wings (Gibbs always likes to have 2 starting quality QB's, nothing's changed here). Sorry to you Hasselbeck fans, but he's not a long term solution, here or anywhere.

-Everyone breathe, have a drink, do whatever you do to calm down. Championships aren't won in April.

offiss 04-24-2005 03:17 AM

[QUOTE=Sammy Baugh Fan]God knows I love you guys and this is one of my favorite clicks with my mouse but you guys sometimes slay me. I mean this in a great and loving way but you really take "yourself" way too serious in thinking you have all the facts to make Coaching decisions. I know we all do our best to do our homework in getting information to make informed conversation but to think you are out thinking Joe Gibbs or another NFL Hall of Fame coach is a little silly...to me.

Yeah Gibbs picked a couple of guys maybe you didn't think you would pick but he is "in the know" and to say the least "very competent" in my opinion.

Please know I am not insulting anyone but sitting back and laughing a little.

I had fun today, I'll have fun this season and I'll have fun as we win another Lombardi trophy.

Go Skins and all you guys here at thewarpath.net

:smashfrea[/QUOTE]

Thats why we get worked up SBF, with moves like Campbell we ain't winning no stinking lombardi trophy! :food-smil

RedskinPete 04-24-2005 03:48 AM

[QUOTE=offiss]Thats why we get worked up SBF, with moves like Campbell we ain't winning no stinking lombardi trophy! :food-smil[/QUOTE]

I hate to say this but the Campbell pick will set this team bad or good for years to come. Next years draft is almost goen and this year is Rogers to take the place of Smoot. The football Gods are looking down on us these days. I fear in my life I will not see another Lombardi trophy. Well we always have our VHS tapes of past Championships.

monk81 04-24-2005 03:33 PM

[QUOTE=RedskinPete]Well we always have our VHS tapes of past Championships.[/QUOTE]

Yes SBF some of the guys we were upset about NOT picking may not even be in the NFL a year from now........

RedskinPete...........we may not even have VHS format to view tapes of past Championships..SIGH........So let's hope the Redskins do something SOON in the future so we can have a game captured with current technology.......perhaps this is why we take everything so seriously here on forum we know Gibbs has a short time to right this ship.............