Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Official "Bridge Jumper" Thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=6003)

redrock-skins 04-24-2005 12:57 AM

Official "Bridge Jumper" Thread

I had to work all day and unfortunately did not get to watch the draft. I am trying to sift through all the posts, but it is quite a task, but the jist I get is that "we're doomed". So was today really that bad?

MTK 04-24-2005 01:03 AM

Re: Official "Bridge Jumper" Thread

No, we're not doomed.

The Jason Campbell pick was a curious one, but one that makes more sense when you take a step back and think about it a bit more.

Do I like the pick? Not really.

Is the sky falling at Redskins Park? I don't think so.

redrock-skins 04-24-2005 01:11 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]No, we're not doomed.

The Jason Campbell pick was a curious one, but one that makes more sense when you take a step back and think about it a bit more.

Is the sky falling at Redskins Park? I don't think so.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought. I actually liked both picks. Yes, Brunell was a colossal mistake, but we're stuck with him. Ramsey may only be around one more year. The mood here seemed somber just from reading some posts, but I don't think this draft was that bad for us.

MTK 04-24-2005 01:12 AM

We still have day two as well.

EternalEnigma21 04-24-2005 01:16 AM

Actually red, we're gonna be just fine. We did pass on Williams, but so did eight other teams before us, and we got the CB we wanted, so no biggie there. And we got a QB who must have really wowed Gibbs, Breaux, and Musgrave, cause they all went down to see him and we gave up alot to get him. If we end up in a situation where we have 2 good QB's well that'll be a situation I could definately live with. Thats what Gibbs thought he had when he took over, until he found out that Brunell is past his prime and astoundingly inaccurate. So we didn't rope the moon, but I dont think we shot ourselves in the foot either

John Hasbrouck 04-24-2005 01:35 AM

today was a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JWsleep 04-24-2005 02:10 AM

The only thing that will make it right is winning. The D will be solid again--Williams is a good coach, and we pluged a hole there. But Gibbs HAS to turn to O around, and win games, or yikes. If we're under 500 next season, what's gonna happen? WIll Danny-boy let Gibbs keep running the show? Or (heaven forbid, and I don't believe it) IF GIbbs has lost it, could Danny ever pick up the pieces? Ack.

I'm going to ignore these doomsday thoughts, and think happy thoughts.

(This is a Bridge jumper thread....)

offiss 04-24-2005 02:21 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]No, we're not doomed.

Is the sky falling at Redskins Park? I don't think so.[/QUOTE]

Matty the eternal optimist! :headbange

Now bash the Campbell pick like your heart is telling you, let it all out were here for you. :grouphug: :biggthump

bedlamVR 04-24-2005 03:51 AM

Looking at it QB was probably the area of most need after CB and possibly DE. You have to give the draft two or three years to pan out and sure we could have picked up the likes of heath miller or insert your picks name here but we targeted this guy on monday made the trade for him and he was still there exactly where we moved to. For once the FO plan worked exactly as it wanted.

RedskinPete 04-24-2005 04:08 AM

[QUOTE=bedlamVR]Looking at it QB was probably the area of most need after CB and possibly DE. You have to give the draft two or three years to pan out and sure we could have picked up the likes of heath miller or insert your picks name here but we targeted this guy on monday made the trade for him and he was still there exactly where we moved to. For once the FO plan worked exactly as it wanted.[/QUOTE]

You are right we will know more in two years because that is when we will have our next nunber one pick in 2007. The 2006 draft is all but goen so the days a head look dark so Campbell has to be the man or this will go south fast!!!! :Flush: