Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How do you pass on DE Chris Canty?? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=6034)

Hail to the Redskins 04-24-2005 04:50 PM

How do you pass on DE Chris Canty??

In the 4th round (just like the first) I saw the perfect pick for this team... DE Chris Canty... when we traded down from 112 to 120.. I could only hope he would still be there (as he was projected to go in the 3rd) and he WAS! ... but ... guess what... we got a fullback instead... and hey, for extra measure ...got ANOTHER fullback in the 7th!!

No DE drafted.... no WR .... 2 fullbacks and a third string QB we gave up 3 picks, including our 1st rounder next year for... great draft.

SmootSmack 04-24-2005 04:55 PM

Re: How do you pass on DE Chris Canty??

I think Canty would have been a very good pick. I really thought we'd draft at least one DE...and now Canty is a Cowboy. I think Dallas might have had one of the better drafts

wolfeskins 04-24-2005 05:00 PM

the cowboys took 3 defensive ends. i don't call that one of the better drafts.

Gmanc711 04-24-2005 05:00 PM

[QUOTE=TAFKAS]I think Canty would have been a very good pick. I really thought we'd draft at least one DE...and now Canty is a Cowboy. I think Dallas might have had one of the better drafts[/QUOTE]

I dont think they just had one of the better drafts; I think they were in the top 5 teams, easily. That defense in a year is going to be absolutley staggering; they got really lucky in their first round picks that both guys that they wanted fell to them. They picked up the OLB from Tennesee, DE Canty in later rounds. The defnese will be very young which makes me think they will tkae some time to develop, but they are going to be a force in a year or two. That offense on the other hand.....

wolfeskins 04-24-2005 05:10 PM

1 or 2 defensive ends maybe but 3 , come on , thats worse than the skins draft. both players that the skins wanted in the first round were there for the skins too. i think these fullback picks are for upgrading special teams.

drew54 04-24-2005 05:14 PM

I thought they said that Spears could project as a DT in Dallas.

wolfeskins 04-24-2005 05:20 PM

[QUOTE=drew54]I thought they said that Spears could project as a DT in Dallas.

don't know, i saw him listed as a de but you may very well be right. never-the-less SCREW DAllAS, they will get no credit from me.

That Guy 04-24-2005 08:38 PM

we decided not to draft DEs cause greg williams said not to (later on) so it'd be easier to recruit undrafted guys to fill that need...

monk81 04-24-2005 09:37 PM

I was disappointed too that we didnt draft canty..............

skinsfanthru&thru 04-24-2005 09:44 PM

all I can say is :cussing: :banghead:

MTK 04-24-2005 10:22 PM

Apparently alot of teams passed on Canty, unless I'm mistaken he didn't go #1 overall did he?

skinsfanthru&thru 04-24-2005 10:34 PM

all the teams have legitimate concerns about him recovering from his leg surgery but when healthy this guy has the size, speed, strength, and intelligence to be a consistent playmaker not only against the run but against the passing game as well. I know I personally don't hear to often about a d-lineman making 86 tackles as a sophomore, 104 tackles as a junior, and he had 30 tackles in only 3 and 1/2 games this past year. and at 6'7 and 286, he has a frame that could still have some muscle added to without losing much speed.

PSUskinsfan11 04-24-2005 11:02 PM

I like Canty alot and wish we got him but he is injury prone and more of a DE in a 3-4

ST21 04-25-2005 12:39 AM

this is how we pass on him.........by

Big C 04-26-2005 03:18 AM

cowboys got ware who will play OLB since they are changing to a 3-4, and spears and canty will be ends in the 3-4, so essentially 2 DEs and an OLB