Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Jersey Numbers: Rogers #32, Campbell #17 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=6068)

beg8878 04-25-2005 11:13 PM

Re: Jersey Numbers: Rogers #32, Campbell #17

[QUOTE=Daseal]Some people want to know the job is theirs and not have to worry about competition, lets them relax and play their game![/QUOTE]

Yeah they are called 2nd stringers......

If its too much pressure on Patrick, imagine what a good D will do it him :smashfrea

That excuse is a poor one

beg8878 04-25-2005 11:14 PM

[QUOTE=skinsguy]Wow, Campbell holding up #17 reminds me of Doug Williams! As I said before, a good QB needs nerves of steal to be successful and if he is going to let something like his team signing another QB affect his playing, then we probably didn't need him to begin with.[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY

didnt see your post before I chimmed in....

ArringtonRules 04-25-2005 11:26 PM

Yeah I agree that a QB should believe in himself and have nerve of steel, but when u do all that is asked of you when u r still learning on the job this is the last thing we need. Plus on top of that we paid a huge price in terms of picks. Tony Kornheiser said it best we are like a dog chasing its tail. This team and especially the management is a mess. As a diehard 'skins fan it pains me to see what a mess these guys have made. Gibbs has already made a mistake on QB with brunell. I hope for his sake he is right about Campbell. To me this is a STUPID pick!!
[QUOTE=skinsguy]Wow, Campbell holding up #17 reminds me of Doug Williams! As I said before, a good QB needs nerves of steal to be successful and if he is going to let something like his team signing another QB affect his playing, then we probably didn't need him to begin with.[/QUOTE]

BossHog 04-26-2005 08:13 AM

A CB doesn't look 'right' wearing 32. Sean Taylor give up number 21. :oink:

CRT3 04-26-2005 08:32 AM

[QUOTE=BossHog]A CB doesn't look 'right' wearing 32. Sean Taylor give up number 21. :oink:[/QUOTE] Vernon Dean.

TheMalcolmConnection 04-26-2005 08:36 AM

[QUOTE=skinsguy]Didn't bother Montana.[/QUOTE]

Ramsey isn't Montana. He can be a great QB, but Montana was a special kind of player.

MTK 04-26-2005 08:39 AM

If Ramsey can't handle the competition he's not going to cut it anywhere in the NFL. Having someone breathing down your neck is a part of life in the NFL, unless you're Brett Favre or something.

After going through last year, I think Ramsey will be able to handle this offseason much better.

I really hope it lights a fire under his butt. If it doesn't and he pouts again like last year, he's going to have a very short career in this league.

TheMalcolmConnection 04-26-2005 08:43 AM

I hope so too. I know people should have a more stable head, but I wonder how a lot of QB's would fare if two years in a row, another QB comes in looking for your job.

I hope it lights a fire under him, and I think it will. I just feel for the guy.

MTK 04-26-2005 08:56 AM

The thing is, Ramsey hasn't earned the right to be a guy that doesn't need to be pushed, that doesn't need competition. When he starts winning playoff games and putting up big numbers then we should question the acquisitions of other QBs, until then I say Ramsey prove us wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's got the potential to be a special QB, but if he falters in year 4 and we're headed into next year with our QB situation up in the air again, I think we may all feel alot better about having a young QB waiting in the wings. Or let's say he has a good year, and decides he wants to go elsewhere, or maybe we simply can't afford to throw a ton of dough at him, again we'll be left with our QB situation up in the air.

All Gibbs is doing here is looking one step ahead. I know we might not agree, hell I'm not even sure I agree 100%, but I'm willing to put my trust in Gibbs and his plan. What else do we have? What do we have to lose?

Skinsfanforlife 04-26-2005 09:02 AM

[QUOTE=skin4Life28]Well if Ramsey wasn't bad we wouldn't have a problem. I'm sorry but this kid is ruined. Spurrier destroyed any bit of potential he had. Ramsey has had plenty of time to get that stuff out of his head, but still continues to mkae poor decisions. Sure he needs more playing time, but it isn't going to help. Ramsey is offically "Dead man walking."[/QUOTE]

(Well if Ramsey wasn't bad we wouldn't have a problem. I'm sorry but this kid is ruined)

Man...come on... Ramsey still is young and if he would of had the whole season too start we would have made the playoffs.........no dought in my mind. All you Ramsey bashers need to get a grip and give him at least 1 full season too start..........

Sammy Baugh Fan 04-26-2005 09:03 AM

My answer when people ask me why the Redskins would pick a QB.

"They Break"
That's what it comes down to. We grabbed this talented kid in case Ramsey breaks and I'm cool with that.

Now getting Doug Williams' number I'm not sure about but as long as no one ever again wears #33 it's all cool with me.

peace

TheMalcolmConnection 04-26-2005 09:19 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]The thing is, Ramsey hasn't earned the right to be a guy that doesn't need to be pushed, that doesn't need competition. When he starts winning playoff games and putting up big numbers then we should question the acquisitions of other QBs, until then I say Ramsey prove us wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's got the potential to be a special QB, but if he falters in year 4 and we're headed into next year with our QB situation up in the air again, I think we may all feel alot better about having a young QB waiting in the wings. Or let's say he has a good year, and decides he wants to go elsewhere, or maybe we simply can't afford to throw a ton of dough at him, again we'll be left with our QB situation up in the air.

All Gibbs is doing here is looking one step ahead. I know we might not agree, hell I'm not even sure I agree 100%, but I'm willing to put my trust in Gibbs and his plan. What else do we have? What do we have to lose?[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree with the decision to draft a QB. I definitely see Gibbs looking a step ahead. I just hate how it's always been this-or-that keeping Ramsey was his prime. Maybe I'm just making excuses, and I probably am, but I just wish he would have one season where he can just play his game and have some decent pass protection. Maybe this will be the season, because Gibbs made it clear that Ramsey was still his guy.

Beemnseven 04-26-2005 09:35 AM

[QUOTE=BossHog]A CB doesn't look 'right' wearing 32. Sean Taylor give up number 21. :oink:[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. 32 seems like it should be a running back number -- Ricky Ervins, Kenny Watson. But I'm tired of corners using #21, it keeps reminding me of Deion.

skinsguy 04-26-2005 11:08 AM

[QUOTE=Sammy Baugh Fan]My answer when people ask me why the Redskins would pick a QB.

"They Break"
That's what it comes down to. We grabbed this talented kid in case Ramsey breaks and I'm cool with that.

Now getting Doug Williams' number I'm not sure about but as long as no one ever again wears #33 it's all cool with me.

peace[/QUOTE]

:)

........and #44! :headbange

skinsguy 04-26-2005 11:12 AM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]Ramsey isn't Montana. He can be a great QB, but Montana was a special kind of player.[/QUOTE]

We, in all do fairness, we haven't really seen if Ramsey can be special like Montana...but this year might tell the story. Think about it though, to be an NFL Quarterback, you have to have nerves of steel....this is your job, this is what you do for a living. Yes, they're not robots, but they can't be so mentally soft that something like your team signing another QB is going to effect you.