Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Marcus Washington Rehab? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=6105)

heybigstar 04-27-2005 10:07 AM

Marcus Washington Rehab?

From the post article about Gardner:

Gibbs said that Pro Bowl linebacker Marcus Washington will have a cyst removed from his tailbone today. The procedure, which usually brings six weeks of rehabilitation, likely will force Washington to miss minicamp. . . .

This concerns me. He was arguably our best player on defense last year.

Schneed10 04-27-2005 10:09 AM

Re: Marcus Washington Rehab?

Don't be concerned. He had the same procedure done 3 weeks before we signed him as a free agent last year. It's something that grows back. Cysts are nothing, there's a big difference between a cyst and a tumor, medically speaking.

MTK 04-27-2005 10:11 AM

It's early, he has plenty of time to get healthy, nothing to be too concerned over.

TheMalcolmConnection 04-27-2005 10:14 AM

Yeah. It's not like he's having repeated knee surgerys or anything. ;)

LavarTaylor21 04-27-2005 12:23 PM

How does it take six weeks to rehab a removed cyst? Thats like missing work for a week after I popped a zit!!!

dirtbag2112 04-27-2005 12:35 PM

I'm more concerned about guys like Barrow and LaVar. Seems like neither one is making progress.

TheMalcolmConnection 04-27-2005 01:09 PM

I'm concerned, but the D was great without them so give them time recover.

Redskins8588 04-27-2005 01:14 PM

[QUOTE=LavarTaylor21]How does it take six weeks to rehab a removed cyst? Thats like missing work for a week after I popped a zit!!![/QUOTE]
I understand your point but I am pretty sure that the location has something to do with it, I mean it is on his tail bone...

Daseal 04-27-2005 01:17 PM

I once had a cyst in a sensitive area. I wouldn't wish the pain on anyone. I didn't do anything for a week, and even when I did it was still tender. Hell, I bled for damn near a week. This isn't anything super serious, but let him take his time.

skinsfanthru&thru 04-27-2005 08:15 PM

[QUOTE=Daseal]I once had a cyst in a sensitive area. I wouldn't wish the pain on anyone. I didn't do anything for a week, and even when I did it was still tender. Hell, I bled for damn near a week. This isn't anything super serious, but let him take his time.[/QUOTE]

same here, had one cut out of my shin and then replaced with some weird fake bone stuff. it hurt like crap even when u don't move it. I can't begin to imagine having one taken out of my tailbone, much less be back and ready for working out as a professional linebacker.