Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Kellen Winslow hurt again (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=6152)

Daseal 05-02-2005 09:07 PM

Re: Kellen Winslow hurt again

Who was constantly getting doubled?

Cooley had better stats, but Im sorry, the better receiver is Winslow.

skinsfanthru&thru 05-02-2005 11:26 PM

didn't any pro athletes learn from the jason williams incident 2 years ago?

winslow jr is a prime example of an immature attitude ruining the respect/acknowledgement his actual accomplishments would normally garner. I am nothing even close to a fan of him as a person, but anyone saying he doesn't have possibly good-great football talent especially at TE needs to evaluate their football knowledge. Sure his name added extra hype onto him as did following in the shoes of Shockey at "The U.", but he has the physical talents to be better than both shockey and his father, which is nothing to sneeze at.

I do think it's ironic that karma keeps bitting him in the ass, but as with TO, just cuz he's a classless person at times off the field, doesn't mean he's a bum on the field.

Redskins8588 05-02-2005 11:48 PM

[QUOTE=skinsfanthru&thru]
I do think it's ironic that karma keeps bitting him in the ass, but as with TO, just cuz he's a classless person at times off the field, doesn't mean he's a bum on the field.[/QUOTE]
You know I really could care less as to how good Winslow is or can be. What really gets me is how Winslow f**ks up during the off season and people here stick up for him, but when our own Taylor does not show up to volentary workouts people come down on him like he is the anti-christ. I dont get it!! I understand that Taylor is on our team, and that yeah it would be nice if he was at the workouts, but Taylor isnt riding his motorcycle into curbs while wearing an unstrapped helmet. Taylor does have some issues, but he is the ripe old age of what 21? 22?

diehardskin2982 05-03-2005 12:16 AM

KWII is doing everything to break out his contract with the browns, so he can join the skins. I remember the redskins pin he had on his chest on draft day. he wanted to be in burgundy and gold so bad.

djnemo65 05-03-2005 12:36 AM

[QUOTE=diehardskin2982]KWII is doing everything to break out his contract with the browns, so he can join the skins. I remember the redskins pin he had on his chest on draft day. he wanted to be in burgundy and gold so bad.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, yeah, until we didn't draft him and he said something to the effect of, "don't worry, they'll get there's."

djnemo65 05-03-2005 12:39 AM

[QUOTE=Redskins8588]You know I really could care less as to how good Winslow is or can be. What really gets me is how Winslow f**ks up during the off season and people here stick up for him, but when our own Taylor does not show up to volentary workouts people come down on him like he is the anti-christ. I dont get it!! I understand that Taylor is on our team, and that yeah it would be nice if he was at the workouts, but Taylor isnt riding his motorcycle into curbs while wearing an unstrapped helmet. Taylor does have some issues, but he is the ripe old age of what 21? 22?[/QUOTE]

So what's your point? That we should give Taylor a pass because Winslow's behavior is worse. I think Taylor deserves every ounce of criticism he has garnered. He's leaving the team out to dry.

Also, I don't think anyone is defending Winslow riding a motorcycle. People - and I think this is mostly Dasael, whom I agree with - is just saying that he will be a great player if he can make it on the field, and that he wasn't overrated coming out of college. All good points.

Redskins8588 05-03-2005 01:09 AM

[QUOTE=djnemo65]So what's your point? That we should give Taylor a pass because Winslow's behavior is worse. I think Taylor deserves every ounce of criticism he has garnered. He's leaving the team out to dry.

Also, I don't think anyone is defending Winslow riding a motorcycle. People - and I think this is mostly Dasael, whom I agree with - is just saying that he will be a great player if he can make it on the field, and that he wasn't overrated coming out of college. All good points.[/QUOTE]

My point is that you have people on here saying "just cuz he's a classless person at times off the field, doesn't mean he's a bum on the field," in reference to Winslow. Well Taylor is deamed as a "classless person at times off the feild" but after having the season that he had last year he clearly is not a bum on the field. At least Taylor played last year, and God willing, he will play again this year.

I am not saying nor did I ever say that Winslow was underrated or overrated comming out of college, nor did I say he would be a bust. In case you missed my intro I said "You know I really could care less as to how good Winslow is or can be." And that is the truth, I could care less if he is the best TE or a total bust big deal!!!

All I am saying is that look at how fast people on here defend players on other teams than there own. Yeah Taylor is not at the voluntary workouts, but atleast he is WORKING OUT!!

Another point I was trying to make is that Taylor is young. When people are young they usually make mistakes, hell even when people are old they make mistakes. The difference is that older people tend to make new mistakes due to them learning from there old mistakes.

If Taylor shows up this year out of shape and he really flops on the field then I will agree that he was wrong and should have had an electric coller on him so that the FO could keep him in check...

Daseal 05-03-2005 02:29 AM

Taylor and Winslow are somewhat opposites. Taylor is very enigmatic because he refuses to talk to the press, never quite know what's going on with him. Winslow is just the opposite and he tells the press too much.

Listen, a motorcycle accident can happen to anyone, and it's not rare for bike riders to not want to wear a helmet. That's why they like to have their large rallys in states that don't have helmet laws. The personal attacks I'll never understand. The guy is a baller and we'd all be saying OMG I HOPE HE IS BETTER BY CAMP had we picked him like many experts thought. KWII is cocky, but sometimes that's NOT a bad thing if you can deal with them off the field. You want a player who thinks he's the best. I'd much rather have that in an athelete than someone who never thinks they can do the job.

Hijinx 05-03-2005 03:09 AM

[url]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-winslowaccident&prov=ap&type=lgns[/url]

Here's another and more in depth article on the crash with a photo of the bike. It says he didn't even have a license. I knew most pro athlete's contract contains some type of dangerous activity clause, I am unsure if motercycles fall in that category. However I bet from here on more than a few contracts will have include them.

Redskins8588 05-03-2005 03:20 AM

[url]http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/8438297[/url]
Winslow's wallet might take a hard ride

Accordong to this Winslow put his contract in jeapordy and he may have to pay back some of his signing bounus and another bounus that he got march 1st.

Hog1 05-03-2005 07:43 AM

If memory serves, many were criticizing Gibbs for not trying to take him in last years draft. Hmmm...........................maybe...............Gibbs DOES know what he is doing

[QUOTE=mooby]over at espn.com it says that kw2 got hurt when he was riding his motorcycle and he hit a curb doing 35. it said his injuries aren't life threatening. well that was obvious, but what if he misses the season again. the browns wasted a draft pick on him.[/QUOTE]

Redskins8588 05-03-2005 08:00 AM

[QUOTE=Hog1]If memory serves, many were criticizing Gibbs for not trying to take him in last years draft. Hmmm...........................maybe...............Gibbs DOES know what he is doing[/QUOTE]
Shhh!! Dont say that too loud, people around here may not like that...

MTK 05-03-2005 08:14 AM

Cooley looks like the wiser choice with each passing day.

Nice job, soldier!

Schneed10 05-03-2005 10:55 AM

[QUOTE=Daseal]Taylor and Winslow are somewhat opposites. Taylor is very enigmatic because he refuses to talk to the press, never quite know what's going on with him. Winslow is just the opposite and he tells the press too much.

Listen, a motorcycle accident can happen to anyone, and it's not rare for bike riders to not want to wear a helmet. That's why they like to have their large rallys in states that don't have helmet laws. The personal attacks I'll never understand. The guy is a baller and we'd all be saying OMG I HOPE HE IS BETTER BY CAMP had we picked him like many experts thought. KWII is cocky, but sometimes that's NOT a bad thing if you can deal with them off the field. You want a player who thinks he's the best. I'd much rather have that in an athelete than someone who never thinks they can do the job.[/QUOTE]

Daseal, I think there is one key point you are missing here. Winslow, like most first round picks in most sports, have language in their contracts which prohibits them from engaging in risky behavior like riding a motorcycle. Anyone can get hurt while riding a motorcycle, true. But he's a certain somebody who's not allowed to ride a motorbike. That's a character issue. He's a guy who doesn't care to honor the language in his contract, so he's a piece of sh*t in my eyes.

Now, I'm not too fond of Taylor at the moment either. I wish he'd be at practice. But that's a better problem than someone who disregards his contract and causes problems the size of what the Browns are dealing with now.

uhohjimoh 05-03-2005 10:56 AM

Yeah im starting a cooley fan club...hes da man!
Who wants to be VP?