Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   As much as I despise the "Should we sign this guy" threads... (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/6186-much-i-despise-should-we-sign.html)

BrudLee 05-05-2005 04:55 PM

As much as I despise the "Should we sign this guy" threads...

Keith Traylor was just released by the Patriots to allow Vince Wilfork more opportunities to play. Despite his advanced age (35 - hey wait, [U]I'm[/U] 35!), Traylor is a huge body and good run stopper who might welcome the opportunity to platoon on a line. He would also be reunited with Greg Blache, his former coordinator with the Bears who focuses on the D-Line as coordinator with the Redskins.

mooby 05-05-2005 04:57 PM

Re: As much as I despise the "Should we sign this guy" threads...

i don't know. he is a defensive tackle. we need a de. cornelius griffin and joe salave'a are the starters there. im not sure how good he'd be at defensive end.

firstdown 05-05-2005 05:00 PM

[QUOTE=mooby]i don't know. he is a defensive tackle. we need a de. cornelius griffin and joe salave'a are the starters there. im not sure how good he'd be at defensive end.[/QUOTE]I agree we need a de we had little problems stopping the run last year and we need to put more presure on th QB.

dirtbag2112 05-05-2005 05:00 PM

we're fine against the run. we DO need a pass rushing end.

Big C 05-05-2005 05:04 PM

we could use another DT next to griffin, bring him in

PSUSkinsFan21 05-05-2005 05:06 PM

Not sure I'd jump at Traylor, but I would like to sign Kevin Hardy (LB released by Bengals yesterday) and move him inside (assuming the price is right and it's a short-term deal).

mooby 05-05-2005 05:14 PM

nah. joe salave's is fine. we didn't have a problem with run defense last season. we need pass rushing help. getting another dt isn't gonna help us. we need a pass rushing defensive end.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 05-05-2005 05:15 PM

I think we could sign Traylor to a veteran minimum with incentives and could therefore be worth the risk. Besides, bringing him in just for a look can't hurt. He's a big body who can keep blockers off of LBs and that's huge for any defense.

Big C 05-05-2005 05:45 PM

he takes up more blockers than salavea freeing up our lbs to make more plays and sacks, get him

jrocx69 05-05-2005 06:15 PM

im always in favor of the huge fat ass in the middle, even in the 4-3 scheme...i love how we stopped the run last season as well...but you can always get better. and traylor can be a great 1st and 10 or 3rd n short/goaline guy

mooby 05-05-2005 06:58 PM

yeah but look at his age. the guy is really old. he will be retiring in a couple of years. what if he gets injured and never plays a down like barrow. would you want to waste money on that.

Riggo44 05-05-2005 09:25 PM

A 1 year deal with a 2nd year option would be nice.

PSUskinsfan11 05-05-2005 09:35 PM

Forget Traylor he is old and not an upgrade over our starting DT's. If we would have looked at any Pat's d-line I would have liked to see us go after RFA Jarvis Green at DE but he signed his one year tender.

Side note: Traylor was drafted as a linebacker in 1991. How the hell did he play LB

jdlea 05-05-2005 10:41 PM

I don't think it would be a bad idea as long as he understands he'll be situational. Or at least rotate in and out. And would come quasi-cheap

RedskinsJunkie 05-05-2005 11:24 PM

If he is cheap and no more than a 2 year deal grab him. But if we could get a DE it would be money better spent... Would have been nice to grab even a project at DE in the draft instead of the H backs...